javaman

who do I contact about divorcing K-1 visa holder?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
thanks guys. actually the main reason for my concern was the fact that I had signed the I-134. I want to know what my responsibility was from this point.

I don't know where she is now but I hope she's happy. Don't really care if she stays in the US or not as long as I don't have to pay the bill and I don't get in any type of trouble for not reporting the failure of the terms of the K-1 visa.

your comments have been helpful. good luck to you.

scott

the i-134 and such has been explained to me in pm and my previous posts were in error. i learned something today, ty john :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just want to say truly sorry that it did not work out for you both.

Just wanted to say I am sorry to hear about this.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear about your situation. i hope it will be taken cared of soon.

If I had seen that photo before she came here I would have warned you.Sorry I could not help.

i went and checked out what you were talking about. it is because of the body language and the facial expression? i'm curious about this...just a bit. they have something like this featured in People Mag on celeb couples who are "happy" or on the "rocks" and it shows in the picture. i'm not sure how accurate that is though. :unsure:

Edited by mychelle

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes you can see she is hiding smthng....usually when one couple is looking away from the other in the picture, look at one of them and you will know whether the happiness is real or feigned.

Edited by asante

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

^i don't know if you should worry about that. she looks really happy though. :) that's why i said i'm unsure about the picture-analysis thing. i think it's up to the couple to know if they are both happy or only one is (or worse neither of them is!) :/

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Isnt the question whether she is fond enough of you as to land in the US and still be yours even after she knows that she now has all the freedoms?

Analogy: Most caged birds fly away when they come out of a cage, though some loyal ones are known to stick around even when the cage door is open.

Ok, good. I didn't want to have to get rid of her. I'm very fond of her. :lol: Hi Susie!
Edited by asante

Isnt the question whether she is fond enough of you as to land in the US and still be yours even after she knows she knows she now has the freedom?

Analogy: Most caged birds fly away when they come out of a cage, though some loyal ones are known to stick around even when the cage door is open.

Ok, good. I didn't want to have to get rid of her. I'm very fond of her. :lol: Hi Susie!

Yeah, dude. I was just joking when I was asking about analysis of my pic. I'm not worried. I can just do what I do. We know each other pretty well...we lived together for several months. She treats me well...the only thing I can do is reciprocate.

Filed: Timeline
Why would you need to contact USCIS? There's nothing for you to do.

DO contact the USCIS! She used you for a Green Card!

Write to the Agency, asking them to withdraw ALL OF YOUR PETITIONS ASAP! Include her A#, a timeline of the events, EVERYTHING!

SEND HER FRAUDULENT ### BACK HOME! SHE DESERVES IT!

AND DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
but she left and I have filed for divorce, also within the 90 day time frame before her K-1 visa was up.

You say she left... left as in where? Back to khazakstan or to the friends cousin's brothers house in the next city?

There may be other issues if she's still floating around in the states...

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Write to the Agency, asking them to withdraw ALL OF YOUR PETITIONS ASAP! Include her A#, a timeline of the events, EVERYTHING!

I didn't see anything that indicated they had filed the I-485. Was the I-485 sent in?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

No, an I-485 was not sent in. I was waiting for the immunization records to be returned from the civil surgeon.

I do plan on contacting the USCIS by mail, I'm unable to find a phone number or email address.

FYI I'm okay with her leaving. It's complicated why the relationship didn't work out but for the benifit of others I'll say that a lot of the problems had to do with the differences and philosophies in raising children. She has a child that's 12 and I have 2 children, 11 & 13 and there was a lot of friction which began soon after they arrived. The children were only one factor though of many other what I would call small differences that eventually added up to one big mistake.

I wish everybody on VJ the best of luck and I'm sure that the majority of these relationships do work out but it's not the end of the world if your in the minority and it doesn't work.

scott

I didn't see anything that indicated they had filed the I-485. Was the I-485 sent in?

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

No, an I-485 was not sent in. I was waiting for the immunization records to be returned from the civil surgeon.

I do plan on contacting the USCIS by mail, I'm unable to find a phone number or email address.

FYI I'm okay with her leaving. It's complicated why the relationship didn't work out but for the benifit of others I'll say that a lot of the problems had to do with the differences and philosophies in raising children. She has a child that's 12 and I have 2 children, 11 & 13 and there was a lot of friction which began soon after they arrived. The children were only one factor though of many other what I would call small differences that eventually added up to one big mistake.

I wish everybody on VJ the best of luck and I'm sure that the majority of these relationships do work out but it's not the end of the world if your in the minority and it doesn't work.

scott

I don't understand what you have to tell them then as there is no pending application to revoke. If there had been fraud, you could notify ICE but that's not the case here either. What do you expect USCIS to do with your letter? There's no case to file it with ... she didn't get an LPR A#. I expect it would be disregarded.

There's no rule/advantage/reason/form/requirement for reporting a divorce to USCIS.

Edited by john_and_marlene

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.