danielm2

Quick Questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I've been visiting visajourney for a month or so now as I familiarize myself with the whole K1 process. I've prepared pretty much all the materials and am just gathering the last few items together. I have a few questions:

1) I've heard people see this document has to be notarized, that document doesn't have to be notarized, etc. But it seems like everyone contradicts everyone else. For this initial petion (I-129F, G325A, other evidence) petition, what if anything has to be notarized??

2) My fiance and I did not meet through any sort of agency at all. I met her on a train in March when I was still in China. In filling out the I-129F, I indicated this. Will we still be affected by IMBRA?

3) Yes, it seems like everything is being sent from the Nebraska service center to California. I'm from Milwaukee, WI, and Nebraska is my service center, am I still suppose to send it there or send it directly to California?? I assume still send it to Nebraska, but just checking.

I've had a busy day, but I'll share our story will everyone in due time. Thank you all for the help you've already been!! :)

Dan in Milwaukee

- March 7th 2006: Dan and Xuejing (Allie) met on a train going from Shanghai to Beijing

- Spring 2006: Have an amazing relationship that goes from friends to more than friends

- May 2006 to June 12: Live together in Chengdu, China and talk about our future, MARRIAGE!

- June 12 2006: return to Beijing for a week; the place it all started.

- June 20 2006: Dan returns to Milwaukee, WI.

- June 20 2006 - Begin to prepare K1 materials

- September 5, 2006 - Sent I-129F

- September 6, 2006 - I-129F Received

- September 14, 2006 - NOA1

- September 17, 2006 - Touched

- November 17, 2006 - Touched

- November 18, 2006 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello Everyone!

I've been visiting visajourney for a month or so now as I familiarize myself with the whole K1 process. I've prepared pretty much all the materials and am just gathering the last few items together. I have a few questions:

1) I've heard people see this document has to be notarized, that document doesn't have to be notarized, etc. But it seems like everyone contradicts everyone else. For this initial petion (I-129F, G325A, other evidence) petition, what if anything has to be notarized??

2) My fiance and I did not meet through any sort of agency at all. I met her on a train in March when I was still in China. In filling out the I-129F, I indicated this. Will we still be affected by IMBRA?

3) Yes, it seems like everything is being sent from the Nebraska service center to California. I'm from Milwaukee, WI, and Nebraska is my service center, am I still suppose to send it there or send it directly to California?? I assume still send it to Nebraska, but just checking.

I've had a busy day, but I'll share our story will everyone in due time. Thank you all for the help you've already been!! :)

Dan in Milwaukee

1. Nothing in the first package needs to be notarized.

2. You will, inasmuch you'll have to answer the questions about it contained in the form. Also, IMBRA has to do with multiple petitions filed within a short period of time, not only marriage brokers and convictions.

3. You're supposed to send it to the address indicated on the I129f. So... check it again. If it says Nebraska, that's where you're supposed to send it to. They'll take care of the transfer. :)

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Mew was very accurate in her answers. :)

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

so for question 19 on the I-129F, if I answer no, is that enough?? Or do I need to supply information/evidence/a statement saying neither of us has been involved with the law, explicitly say neither has ever been married, explicitly say we met on a train, etc?

okay, thanks for the quick replies. i appreciate it very much!!

- March 7th 2006: Dan and Xuejing (Allie) met on a train going from Shanghai to Beijing

- Spring 2006: Have an amazing relationship that goes from friends to more than friends

- May 2006 to June 12: Live together in Chengdu, China and talk about our future, MARRIAGE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

so for question 19 on the I-129F, if I answer no, is that enough?? Or do I need to supply information/evidence/a statement saying neither of us has been involved with the law, explicitly say neither has ever been married, explicitly say we met on a train, etc?

You'll have to explain and describe the circumstances under which you and your fiance have met in person within the last 2 years on question 18. You'll also have to provide evidence of such meeting.

If you haven't met through a marriage broker, just check NO and add N/A in the box below. For the conviction part (Part C - 2) just check those that apply. If none, don't check anything.

Be sure to check the example forms here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have :)

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

You'll have to explain and describe the circumstances under which you and your fiance have met in person within the last 2 years on question 18. You'll also have to provide evidence of such meeting.

If you haven't met through a marriage broker, just check NO and add N/A in the box below. For the conviction part (Part C - 2) just check those that apply. If none, don't check anything.

Be sure to check the example forms here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have :)

Thanks alot Mew!! It all makes sense, and I appreciate it so much!! Congratulations on your recent reapproval!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.