Yodrak

Divorce Forum ?

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Satellite,

I missed that thread at the time, and the responses then are an interesting contrast to those now.

But apparently Captain Ewok still feels the same way now as he did then.

Yodrak

I actually suggested this idea over a year ago and it never went into effect. The whole idea actually got shot down. Perhaps Yodrak will have some more clout with the administration.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.p...c=45185&hl=

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is unfortunate if a forum could not be started for such a thing. Obviously it does happen and it is reality. I guess it may be a bit like having divorce pamphlets at the chapel as you walk in to marry but really this is an issue that many come here looking for answers. Marriage is a huge step, even more so when it involves leaving your home country to do so. Not a step to be taken lightly, so for those who think it could never happen to them a little taste of the possibility is not such a bad thing. As with everything else in life I always think it is a good idea to keep in the back of you mind what Plan B would be if Plan A did not work out as you had hoped. :yes:

Edited by Fetaria

K1 AOS

01/17/06.....Sent AOS package out

01/31/06.....NOA

03/15/06.....Biometrics Appointment

04/10/06.....Interview letter received

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received... with an error

I-90 Timeline

06/08/06..... Sent out I-90 to have green card error fixed

09/29/06.....Correct Green Card

K2 AOS/AP

01/17/06.....Sent out AOS/AP

01/31/06.....NOA for AOS and AP

03/07/06.....AP approved

03/16/06.....Biometrics Appointment

04/10/06.....Interview letter received

05/24/06.....Interview

AOS APPROVED

06/05/06Greencard received

03/13/09 10 year green card received :o)

Based on many threads over the past few months, there may be a growing need for a divorce/scammed forum.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

As with everything else in life I always think it is a good idea to keep in the back of you mind what Plan B would be if Plan A did not work out as you had hoped. :yes:

On the other hand, it's concievable that my immigrant ex-wife came to America with Plan B in her back pocket in case Plan A did not work out as she had hoped... so it's really a two way street, one side from the immigrant's point of view, and another from the petitioner's or USC's point of view...

So if you think about it, such a forum could conceivably help an immigrant who's arriving with their Plan B already firmly in pocket... someone's who's intentions are not totally sincere...

There's two sides to every story... or actually really three... "his side", "her side" and the truth, likely somewhere in the middle...

But I do encourage the American petitioners to understand the divorce laws in your state PRIOR to taking such a step...

-- Dan

PurrSuede,

Any of the forums could help an immigrant whose intentions are not sincere.

Agree with your often quoted statement about there being 3 points of view.

Yodrak

As with everything else in life I always think it is a good idea to keep in the back of you mind what Plan B would be if Plan A did not work out as you had hoped. :yes:

On the other hand, it's concievable that my immigrant ex-wife came to America with Plan B in her back pocket in case Plan A did not work out as she had hoped... so it's really a two way street, one side from the immigrant's point of view, and another from the petitioner's or USC's point of view...

So if you think about it, such a forum could conceivably help an immigrant who's arriving with their Plan B already firmly in pocket... someone's who's intentions are not totally sincere...

There's two sides to every story... or actually really three... "his side", "her side" and the truth, likely somewhere in the middle...

But I do encourage the American petitioners to understand the divorce laws in your state PRIOR to taking such a step...

-- Dan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
PurrSuede,

Any of the forums could help an immigrant whose intentions are not sincere.

Agree with your often quoted statement about there being 3 points of view.

Yodrak

-- Dan

Yodrak, why do you say such stuff about immigrants? :( Thus, I do not agree that such subject can be opened here. For a simple reason: disturbed people are everywhere, no matter their backgrounds, and it has nothing to do only with immigrants. Second, if somebody decides to get married, it should be very honest to go get counselling if the past is still out of the closet in the present time and gets to divorce or to whatever sad conclusion. This is also maybe one of the reasons IMBRA exists, because people do not take care of themselves in the appropriate manner. This is very well known now. And, many sites exist related to divorce, etc elsewhere, help groups, etc. This is not the place overall. If tensions exist, they exist because the process of the visa is complex, but it's another thing when the tension becomes tragic because people did not do what they had to do for their past. So in that perspective I totally agree with Mr Ewok.

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am upgrading a few things on the board. If the demand for this forum remains I will probably add something in the next few weeks :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
If the demand for this forum remains I will probably add something in the next few weeks :).
Based on the following recent poll there is overwhelming support. Although very few members voted possibly because few visit the polls forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...26398&st=30

If the demand for this forum remains I will probably add something in the next few weeks :).
Based on the following recent poll there is overwhelming support. Although very few members voted possibly because few visit the polls forum.

Ambivalence would be another possible reason not to vote.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Satellite,

The poll shows about 4 to 1 in favor, but I note from the posts that some people who voted 'No' expressed a change of opinion once it was made clear that the intent is not to have a forum about divorce, the intent is to have a forum on immigration issues when divorce is a factor.

Regretably, there continue to be a few people who are looking for information about divorce when this web site is about immigration. But, we will have to contend with the posts from such people whether or not the new forum is created.

Yodrak

If the demand for this forum remains I will probably add something in the next few weeks :) .

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Title of the forum? Suggestions?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Title of the forum? Suggestions?

divorce journey? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!