Yodrak

Divorce Forum ?

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

From a post in the removal of conditions forum:

"Jeeez, reading these boards, I don't feel so bad, I guess I'm not the only one in town who's marriage went south after the alien immigrant got here... maybe we should have an "unsuccessful marriage" forum within this group to discuss some of the problem we all have run into."

Not a bad idea .....

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea. Would certainly give dmartmar a place to hang out and provide his always helpful feedback. :whistle:

Just being snipey there, sorry. :D

But really, it would help people traverse that (quite sad) territory. Lots of specific questions and confusing conundrums in that situation -- it would help to have all the information a bit more centralized.

SA4userbar.jpg

I agree...a divorce forum would be beneficial. They tend to get scattered across the various forums.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I agree...a divorce forum would be beneficial. They tend to get scattered across the various forums.

Yes, it will be a helpful forum. One time I read a funny comment: Why does the word "Divorce" apprear before "Marriage" in the Dictionary?

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I think it's a good idea, too. :yes:

One time I read a funny comment: Why does the word "Divorce" apprear before "Marriage" in the Dictionary?

Reminds me of another comment I heard: "Marriage isn't a word...it's a sentence" :P

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

I think it's a good idea, too. :yes:

One time I read a funny comment: Why does the word "Divorce" apprear before "Marriage" in the Dictionary?

Reminds me of another comment I heard: "Marriage isn't a word...it's a sentence" :P

I agree that it makes sense to create a new forum, but I'd recommend that there is a specific reference that it pertains to members divorcing an immigrant or potential immigrant, otherwise it will become a catch-all for petitioner's starting the process who've been or are divorcing.

I sense I might be spending a fair amount of time in this new forum, judging from the vast majority of my posts :whistle:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Timeline

A divorce forum on a marriage based board. LOL!!!

It freaks out the starry-eyed newbies plenty when they see stories of divorce here. Imagine what will go through their minds the first time they view the forum headings and see that one!!! HAHA!

*sorry I couldn't resist*

It's a good idea as far as keeping the information all in one place though.

rebecajo,

One of things that came to my mind as I wrote my post, and something that I think might be a good thing. My sense is that a lot of posters are blinded by those stars in their eyes, but probably too blind for waking them up to the reality of divorce even when it's put in front of their face.

Yodrak

It freaks out the starry-eyed newbies plenty when they see stories of divorce here. Imagine what will go through their minds the first time they view the forum headings and see that one!!! HAHA!

lal_brandow,

Do you work for the US government writing questions for USCIS and DoS forms?

Yodrak

What about something less ominous such as *Discontinuing/Cancelling Petitions and/or Dissolution Discussion*

It sounds totally wrong, but I think you get my point.

diadromous mermaid,

Yes, good point.

Why is that? Just curious.

Yodrak

I agree that it makes sense to create a new forum, but I'd recommend that there is a specific reference that it pertains to members divorcing an immigrant or potential immigrant, otherwise it will become a catch-all for petitioner's starting the process who've been or are divorcing.

I sense I might be spending a fair amount of time in this new forum, judging from the vast majority of my posts

lal_brandow,

Do you work for the US government writing questions for USCIS and DoS forms?

Yodrak

:lol::lol: How does it go? "It takes one to know one?"

diadromous mermaid,

Yes, good point.

Why is that? Just curious.

Good try, Kemo Sabe. As you know, me speak with forked tongue. Nah, just kidding, I'll give. A cursory look throughout my participation of the past year reveals that I tend to gravitate to discussions of divorce and separation. Hmmm :blush:

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

some mothers do have them! :P

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Here's a list of Forums I'd like to see

Divorce

Scams

Fraud

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail