w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Morning-After Pill May Go Over The Counter (for women 18 and above only)

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Awww...I think you're going to be a GREAT daddy! :yes:

Until this moment I had no idea who you were, just assumed you were some n00b who drifted into OT :P Good to see you back on VJ, Melissa!

:lol: thanks! I've been here all along...just with a new name... :star:

:blush: I had no idea

sheesh Ari...are you late to the party, AGAIN?

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
You told me in a PM that you hate him, think he's dumb, and that he'll be a horrible father. Don't lie. :no:

;)

So you go and TELL everyone???? I told you to keep it secret! :crying:

Don't listen to her, gupt, you know how those conservative rightwing Christians are! ....... oh wait.....

Edited by incanada1234

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

You told me in a PM that you hate him, think he's dumb, and that he'll be a horrible father. Don't lie. :no:

;)

So you go and TELL everyone???? I told you to keep it secret! :crying:

Don't listen to her, gupt, you know how those conservative rightwing Christians are! ....... oh wait.....

:D

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am crossing my fingers that this happens!

I hope they grow a pair and make sure it happens!

Proud AF Alumna

US Chick married to a CDN Dude!

Got married in Las Vegas 12/11/01

Filled out I-130 2/15/02

Filled out I-129F 2/22/02

I-130 was approved 10/22/02

Was out of work for 6 months :( Immigration process was at a stand still thanks to this

Got his EAD and SSN in February 2003

Job market sucked, he couldn't get a job in the US so no AOS

9/8/04 :( DH moved back to Canada K-3 expired

End of 2004, now have job and salary to satisfy affadavit of support (YAY!)

in the wee hours of 6/1 Fire was lit under our butts! (Don't ask!) :(

Visa bill mailed on 6/3

Visa bill received on 6/7

I-864 stuff was sent via overnight mail on 6/14!

Information packet and docs generated 6/20/05

I rec'd the DS-230 packet on 7/26

Sent ds-230 via express mail 8/13

9/15/05 CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!!

10/6/05 Case sent to consulate

10/27/05 Medical Exam ...was marked incomplete

11/10/05 New Medical Exam letter issued! YAY!

11/15/05 Interview--APPROVED BABY!

4/30/06 Activated IR-1 Visa at the Pacific Hwy Crossing in Blaine, WA

5/12/06 Dave Received the Welcome to the US letter...

5/31 Green Card arrived in the mail! Also got 2 more welcome letters!

Dave's company has transferred him 7/6!

Started his position in Bay Area, CA on 8/14!

mcsurvivor.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Ok, I see what you mean if it doesn't abort a fertilized egg, I had the impression it could abort a fertilized egg. Though I still think if people were more careful in the first place they wouldn't have to worry about an emergency such as this. I don't agree with sex outside of marriage, so I don't really support something that gives people more of a reason to have sex anytime they want because they know they can just take a pill afterwards to avoid pregnancy. I know sex out of marriage happens anyway, and there are condoms and birth control pills already for that. I just think people should be more responsible. (I know rape is a different issue, I am not talking of that but rather 2 consenting people). In a marriage I don't see anything wrong with becoming pregnant even if they accidentally didn't try to, so then I don't know why a married couple would need this pill. It seems it's just a cop-out pill. I've never taken birth control pills(use other methods) but I am not really against them either. I just didn't want to take them, for my own reasons (not religious reasons). :)

Again, it's all a matter of semantics (or personal view, if you prefer).

The morning after pill can prevent:

Ovulation

Fertilization

OR

IMPLANTATION of a FERTILIZED egg.

So, yes, Christina, it can lead to the expulsion of a fertilized egg in some circumstances.

I guess, to put it simply, it all depends on where the woman is on her cycle. If she HAS ovulated and her man has some tenacious swimmers (for lack of a better phrase), fertilization MAY have occured by the time she takes the pill, but the zygote is not embedded in the uterus. Yes, cell division has already occured, etc.

So, it would depend on one's definitition of pregnancy.... Does it start at fertilization, implantation, etc?

Disclaimer: I didn't write this to start some sort of debate, just wanted to FYI (that's why I only addressed the physiologial portion, lol)....

Happy

Jayke

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Just wanted to correct my last post (it was early and I was just out of bed, and didn't want the 300 posts correcting me, lol)

Cell division MAY have occured, or is in the process.... it's a whole lesson in cellular biology, thickening of chromosomes, etc.... Just meant things are already starting to happen in there and it's not just an ovum and sperm, it's a "zygote".... Cells would have divided at least once within 30 hours. Morning after pill is meant ideally for use within 72 hours after intercourse, so if you'd already ovulated and your ovum was well down into your fallopian tube, you could have a fertilized egg within, say six hours(though usually longer). If you wait another 60 hours to take the pill, the zygote is now a morula, of about 16 cells.

Guess it's back to the old "chicken and egg" thing.

Again, this is for informational purposes only, not riot-inciting....

Happy

Jayke

what i would like to know is, will a pharmacist still be able to refuse to sell it since its not a prescription? could someone else from the store go and get it from behind the counter? that would change a lot of the availability issues...

and, just uttering some thoughts out loud.... what if someone at a store decided they couldnt sell cigarettes or alcohol to someone because of religious beliefs? think they would be able to get away with it?

as far as someone buying it for a minor... that could happen just as easily now... if a woman goes to the doc for the morning after pill, they arent going to check to make sure that she actually did have sex and draw blood to see if shes pregnant... at least, i dont think so... ppl may buy them for minors, but then folks have been doing such for other things anyway (alcohol, cigarettes, etc)

off to the doc myself... gotta find out just how far along my pregnancy is... im married... our methods of birth control obviously didnt work :) and in as much as this has freaked me out, i wouldnt even consider ending this pregnancy... just my own personal beliefs

Edited by keltic

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Ok, I see what you mean if it doesn't abort a fertilized egg, I had the impression it could abort a fertilized egg. Though I still think if people were more careful in the first place they wouldn't have to worry about an emergency such as this. I don't agree with sex outside of marriage, so I don't really support something that gives people more of a reason to have sex anytime they want because they know they can just take a pill afterwards to avoid pregnancy. I know sex out of marriage happens anyway, and there are condoms and birth control pills already for that. I just think people should be more responsible. (I know rape is a different issue, I am not talking of that but rather 2 consenting people). In a marriage I don't see anything wrong with becoming pregnant even if they accidentally didn't try to, so then I don't know why a married couple would need this pill. It seems it's just a cop-out pill. I've never taken birth control pills(use other methods) but I am not really against them either. I just didn't want to take them, for my own reasons (not religious reasons). :)

Again, it's all a matter of semantics (or personal view, if you prefer).

The morning after pill can prevent:

Ovulation

Fertilization

OR

IMPLANTATION of a FERTILIZED egg.

So, yes, Christina, it can lead to the expulsion of a fertilized egg in some circumstances.

I guess, to put it simply, it all depends on where the woman is on her cycle. If she HAS ovulated and her man has some tenacious swimmers (for lack of a better phrase), fertilization MAY have occured by the time she takes the pill, but the zygote is not embedded in the uterus. Yes, cell division has already occured, etc.

So, it would depend on one's definitition of pregnancy.... Does it start at fertilization, implantation, etc?

Disclaimer: I didn't write this to start some sort of debate, just wanted to FYI (that's why I only addressed the physiologial portion, lol)....

Yeah that's what I thought I had read about the morning after pill in the past, and it's a reason that makes it questionable to me. I know you weren't trying to start debate. Good info. :thumbs:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

well maybe if these kids were taught morals and abscenace maybe that will help cut down on the unwanted pregnancies. i dare for my girl to start sleeping around with boys cos i will ship her to a military school. shes 10 now and in a few years i have to worry :crying:

Edited by samir_shannon

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

And I still think, if someone doesn't want to take the pill, great, that's fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's choice to take the pill themselves. Yeah, it would be great if all birth control was 100% effective 100% of the time, but it's not, and not only that, women are HUMAN beings... *shock, horror*...and we DO make mistakes on top of less-than-perfect methods of birth control.

And as for teaching morals and abstinence...great, but we see how far that's gotten us.

Why can't we just leave other women's bodies to themselves to make choices instead of judging and blaming? GRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Why can't we just leave other women's bodies to themselves to make choices instead of judging and blaming? GRRRRRRRRR :angry:

Well, as far as abortion, SOMEONE has to stick up for the unborn babies.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I agree, and at the point where a baby becomes a baby I have a huge problem with that.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

I agree, and at the point where a baby becomes a baby I have a huge problem with that.

But not when it's a fetus?

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

But not when it's a fetus?

It becomes a baby at the fetus stage when it begins to live. Two cells floating together is not a life. One it implants itself and begins the parasitic fetal stage, it is alive-the mother's body makes it so.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch