cabbagepatch

Don't know why this was done to us :-(

17 posts in this topic

Thank you all again and again for the advice.

We would love to challenge what has happened because we honestly feel and believe this was incorrect and unfair, but we know if we do, then there's a very high chance that we could dig a much deeper ditch for ourselves. It's already been a long, tough process for us and don't want to stir up anymore problems. The determination is still in us to overcome this obstacle, i need my husband, his children need him.......so we continue to carry on for however long this will take.

We deeply and sincerely appreciate everyone's words of kindness and help, We will definitely let you all know what the outcome of this is. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Good luck to all

I would rather spend my time to get a joint sponsor as quickly as possible and send it to the beneficiary (applicant) so that the Embassy issues the visa. When your loved one will be with you in USA, you can state your reason of the Embassy's misjudgement. Taking a fight with them now may not help your case.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Your right, so we are just going to get another joint sponsor (it's not easy) and then hope the visa is issued. Unfortunately my husband can't just walk in with the new information though, so we have to wait for the new date we were given to give this to them.

Thank you again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.