luvaLimey

what is the process for withdrawing a petition?

44 posts in this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry I hate to see you do this... are you sure you don't want to give it a couple of days to cool off?

Sorry it just makes me sad.

I think you can write a letter to withdraw it if you want to.

I'm sorry

Sarah

I'm sorry I hate to see you do this... are you sure you don't want to give it a couple of days to cool off?

Sorry it just makes me sad.

I think you can write a letter to withdraw it if you want to.

I'm sorry

Sarah

:D thank you. But you don't have any reason to be sad. We're not calling things off, we're just going to go about things a different way. We're going to get married, and then I'm going to go live with him there for a year while we try for a CR-1 to bring him here.

Just thought I'd withdraw my petition so that others don't have to wait for them to finish processing mine before getting theirs done.

Filed: Timeline
Just thought I'd withdraw my petition, so that others don't have to wait for them to finish processing mine before getting theirs done.

Owww, how considerate of you, putting other people's needs before yours!

yeah, wow! :D But you're so far in!?!?!

Good luck in Old Blighty!

Edited by devilette

Filed: Other Timeline
Just thought I'd withdraw my petition, so that others don't have to wait for them to finish processing mine before getting theirs done.

Geez dmartmar. That was really uncalled for.

Luvalimey, if you are young, footloose, fancyfree and can afford to leave the US for a while, I think that's a positively great plan. Nothing wrong with you spending time over there, learning about his world. I would have LOVED to spend a few months in Northern Ireland - heck I would even live there if the need be one day.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline

Luvalimey, if you are young, footloose, fancyfree and can afford to leave the US for a while, I think that's a positively great plan. Nothing wrong with you spending time over there, learning about his world. I would have LOVED to spend a few months in Northern Ireland - heck I would even live there if the need be one day.

I think dmartmar meant it in a joking, positive way...that's how I took it anyhow. No one on here puts others first so it's a rare thing of beauty!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Are you sure you don't want to wait a little longer? Or did you two simply changed plans? Makes me nervous to think you'd change lanes so near the exit.

But yeah, you simply write a letter saying you'd like to withdraw your petition and give a reason why you're doing it.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

:D yeah, it'll give us a chance to live together on his turf before coming back to mine. I'm hoping it'll make it easier for him to adjust to living here in the states, especially after having me ajust to living there. It'll give us some common points of reference as well.

I don't think Dartmar's comment was malicious, Besides.. I'm not thinking entirely of everyone else. I don't want to have to worry about whatever else USCIS is going to be sending me arriving at the address I'm not living at anymore. :P

Are you sure you don't want to wait a little longer? Or did you two simply changed plans? Makes me nervous to think you'd change lanes so near the exit.

But yeah, you simply write a letter saying you'd like to withdraw your petition and give a reason why you're doing it.

well, we could wait just a little bit longer for NOA2, and then a little bit longer for the packets, then a little bit longer for the interview, and maybe I'll get to see him again before January, and maybe not.

Or, I could cancel the K1, meet him in New York, get married, get a spousal visa the next day and fly with him to the UK, and be with him in about 5 weeks.

Also, if we go the CR-1 route, he wont have all those months of sitting around without a job once he gets here. I know my fiance and I know that will drive him absolutely bonkers.

:D anyway, thanks for this info. It really helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seems like a huge waste of time and energy to me. Your K-1 will probably be approved in September! Tuesday is August 1 and you cannot wait? Wow. I hope you have more patience when you and your loved one return to the US because the non beneficiary will need to endure the Visa process again, a bit different. Can't be legal unless you endure the process! Let the K-1 process continue.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Seems like a huge waste of time and energy to me. Your K-1 will probably be approved in September! Tuesday is August 1 and you cannot wait? Wow. I hope you have more patience when you and your loved one return to the US because the non beneficiary will need to endure the Visa process again, a bit different. Can't be legal unless you endure the process! Let the K-1 process continue.

Trust me, we've looked at this from all angles. What seems to you like pure impatience, might be just that. Or there could be additional reasons for choosing this route instead.

And will you honestly sit there and tell me that if there was a way to be together with your fiance sooner, you wouldn't take it? You'd say "no, it means more if I suffer for it first! We'll wait just like everyone else." Sorry, but I've done waited. I've done suffered. And now I just want to get on with living my life with the man I love. Whether it's here or there, as long as we're together I don't mind.

Yes, we will have to go through a different visa process. We're planning on going through the CR-1. Yeah it means more time before he can get here to the States, but we'll be waiting it out together. I mean: our main goal isn't "get him to the States becuase it's the bestest country in teh world!" Our goal is to live our lives together, anywhere.

Yeah, our K-1 will probably be approved in September, but then we'll have the wait at NVC, and the wait for the packet, the medical, and the interview. From what I've seen as far as statistics go, waitig for an interview in the UK can take 4 months or more. Going this other route, I can be with him in September, instead of just halfway through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Could you explain the CR-1 process your speaking of?? How does all that work?? And how can you get a job asap on that visa?? I'm very curious!!! :yes:

We were married in Washington in August, we submitted our I-485, I130, I765, and I131 in Sept of 06 to the Chicago Lock Box, and got our Green card in January 07!!! Found this was much faster and easier than going through the K1 process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.