jaremedios

sample letter for explaining domicile in US

17 posts in this topic

Holy #######, I only have my driver's license and a place to live when we get back. With my parents. :-/

You're filing DCF, right? We filed DCF in Mexico and my husband just had his interview a few days ago and was approved. I've been living overseas for 11 years and submitted a whole load of evidence with the I-864 to demonstrate that I have maintained my domicile in the US. I don't know if we needed all of it, but it certainly didn't hurt. At the interview they simply took all the supporting documents with the I-864 and didn't ask any further questions or request any additional documents. I used this letter as a guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/286090-letter-in-support-of-i-864-domicile-requirement/

Good luck!!

August 2008 - met when we were both living in England

February 2009 - began dating

May 28, 2011 - got engaged

August 5, 2011 - got married (in England)

September 29, 2011 - moved to Mexico

VISA PROCESS:

December 3, 2012 - sent I-130 to Mexico City (DCF)

December 6, 2012 - I-130 approved

December 14, 2012 - NVC case number assigned and instruction letter sent from Juarez Consulate but we NEVER received it

March 4, 2013 - called to check about our case and received our NVC case number and Invoice number

March 9, 2013 - submitted DS-260 online

April 17, 2013 - interview date - visa approved!!!

July 11, 2013 - POE: entered US through Dallas, TX

July 22, 2013 - Social Security Card delivered

August 22, 2013 - Green Card delivered

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully I'll be getting my NOA2 soon, so I'm trying to get the paperwork together for the steps that follow after that. I have a U.S. Bank account, plus a Credit Union, and I'm registered to vote in the United States, however I receive an absentee ballot. I would like to show that I have a voter registration card, but don't know whether to order a new one with my permanent U.S. address (parents' house) if I am not sure when exactly we will be moving to the U.S. What should I do? Any advice?

Thanks!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.