bobby_kvisa

Fiance Letter of Intent - Notarized

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I talked to one lawyer today about the K1 to get a consultation. She told me that it was a really good idea to get the Fiance Letters of Intent notarized by both parties.

I haven't looked at the threads enough, but I have not seen a lot of mention of this on VJ (perhaps I am wrong).

Have people in the past had the Fiance Letters of Intent notarized?

How important is notarization for each letter from each party?

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Notarizing things can cost a lot of money, My husband and I have never had anythign notarized during the whole process, not for the k-1 and not for the AOS, we always just use original signatures in blue ink.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I talked to one lawyer today about the K1 to get a consultation. She told me that it was a really good idea to get the Fiance Letters of Intent notarized by both parties.

I haven't looked at the threads enough, but I have not seen a lot of mention of this on VJ (perhaps I am wrong).

It is not required. Therefore it is not a "good idea". It is an idea, to be sure, but not a good one. Nothing in the I-129f petition, submitted by either party, needs to be notarized.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Notarization in this instance is needless overkill. Use your energy and money to build up your evidence of bonafide relationship. Cheers.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Notarizing things can cost a lot of money, My husband and I have never had anythign notarized during the whole process, not for the k-1 and not for the AOS, we always just use original signatures in blue ink.

You are so astute to mention the blue ink. Lawyers always sign original documents in blue ink to readily distinguish them from copies. You get a star for this one! :star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You are so astute to mention the blue ink. Lawyers always sign original documents in blue ink to readily distinguish them from copies. You get a star for this one! :star:

Are you Hopp, or Itzallgood?

The government people tell you to use black ink, I always use blue for exactly that purpose, using blue ink will not get you an RFE

Oh, and YowwwwwwwwwwwZaaaaaaaaaaa, Merry Christmas!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Notarization for the letter of intent is only a "good idea" for a notary who derives his income in this way!

Husband and I did not notarize. Husband's green card was approved yesterday :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I don't agree with your lawyer but he's the one you're paying for advice, not me.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We did not submit notarized letters of intent for our original I-129F application, and we had no problems or delays whatsoever.

However, if it is over four months from the date of the petition approval when you apply for the actual visa interview, then you do need to provide notarized letters of intent from both parties.

When I phoned a recognized notarary official about this today, they began to suggest that it would be less expensive and easier for me to get it "overseen by a comissioner" (or something to that effect, I cannot remember the exact wording now) but when I explained it was for a K1 visa required by the US embassy in London, the lady immediately told me "Oh, then you need to get it notarized."

Edited by FrostyMist

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is it true that the letters of intent do not need to be dated only original signatures from us both in Blue ink. It was typed out and then signed on the bottom with the full names printed out in block letters. But there is no date on them. Before I send them in is it OK this way?

PLEASE only answer if you know for sure..

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

PanamaJack ~ My husband & I had both of our letters notarized. If you have a bank account, usually your bank's notary will do this for free if your worried about costs. In Peru, it cost my husband 10 soles (or $3 US dollars).

It seems as if some haven't done it, and their petition has gone through with no problems. This is great. Still, I like to err on the side of caution and if it is easy for you to do so, I would have them notarized. If you're not going to do it though, at least date the letters. Worst case scenario is an RFE with them telling you to notarize the letters, and it seems like that really isn't likely.

Good luck :star:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Is it true that the letters of intent do not need to be dated only original signatures from us both in Blue ink. It was typed out and then signed on the bottom with the full names printed out in block letters. But there is no date on them. Before I send them in is it OK this way?

PLEASE only answer if you know for sure..

Nobody can tell you for certain your letters of intent will be acceptable without dates. It's customary for signed documents to bear the date of signature.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm going to swim against the current here, and say that we DID have our letters notarized, but not for the purpose of proving the signature was authentic. We had them notarized at the US Citizen Services unit of the consulate in Vietnam as proof positive that we had actually met. There's no way USCIS could deny any evidence of our meeting if we had the signature of a US government witness. :)

BTW, our letters were dated twice - I entered the date when I typed them up, knowing which day we would be going to the consulate, and the consular officer who notarized them also dated them.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.