Kathryn41

Tim Hortons Cracks Fort Knox

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Dad sends me newspaper clippings from the newspapers back 'home' that he thinks I would like. This one arrived yesterday - it was from the Kingston Whig-Standard, Wednesday, October 14, p 11:

(Large photo of US soldiers in camouflage uniforms lined up in two lines filling the whole frame waiting to be served at the Tim Horton's counter. Caption: "US Soldiers at Fort Knox line up at the new Tim Hortons restaurant located on the U.S. military base in Kentucky. It will serve 30,000 soldiers, relatives and civilians").

Tim Hortons cracks Fort Knox

by Don Peat, Sun Media

TORONTO - Canucks have long known Tim Hortons' coffee is as good as gold.

Now the US army has one of the Canadian coffee giant's franchises secured inside the famed fort that guards America's gold bullion.

The iconic donut chain announced yesterday it has opened a restaurant at Fort Knox. It's the first Tim Hortons inside a U.S. military base and another step in the company's push south of the border.

American civilians have already have a taste of Tim Hortons with 500 locations across the US.

Open 24 hours a day, the newest Tims in Kentucky will serve the 30,000 soldiers, relatives and civilians who live and work on the base That should be a recipe for success because the new restaurant, which has a grand opening tomorrow, has a larger surrounding population than some Canadian towns that support their own Tim Hortons.

Company spokesman David Morelli said the soldiers wanted their double doubles and Timbits after sampling them at locations like the Tim Hortons in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

"We're lucky we have a lot of fans who have experienced Tim Hortons and were training in Fort Knox or who had been overseas . . . and had a taste of home at the store in Kandahar" Morelli said.

The menu will be the same as it is at every other Tim Hortons.

"No 'golden' donuts, unfortunately," Morelli said, adding the cofffee will likely be in high demand shortly after reveille.

Seven Canadian military bases already have a Tim Hortons location including CFB Trenton, Borden, Kingston and Petawawa.

donpeat@sunmedia.ca

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline
My Dad sends me newspaper clippings from the newspapers back 'home' that he thinks I would like. This one arrived yesterday - it was from the Kingston Whig-Standard, Wednesday, October 14, p 11:

(Large photo of US soldiers in camouflage uniforms lined up in two lines filling the whole frame waiting to be served at the Tim Horton's counter. Caption: "US Soldiers at Fort Knox line up at the new Tim Hortons restaurant located on the U.S. military base in Kentucky. It will serve 30,000 soldiers, relatives and civilians").

Tim Hortons cracks Fort Knox

by Don Peat, Sun Media

TORONTO - Canucks have long known Tim Hortons' coffee is as good as gold.

Now the US army has one of the Canadian coffee giant's franchises secured inside the famed fort that guards America's gold bullion.

The iconic donut chain announced yesterday it has opened a restaurant at Fort Knox. It's the first Tim Hortons inside a U.S. military base and another step in the company's push south of the border.

American civilians have already have a taste of Tim Hortons with 500 locations across the US.

Open 24 hours a day, the newest Tims in Kentucky will serve the 30,000 soldiers, relatives and civilians who live and work on the base That should be a recipe for success because the new restaurant, which has a grand opening tomorrow, has a larger surrounding population than some Canadian towns that support their own Tim Hortons.

Company spokesman David Morelli said the soldiers wanted their double doubles and Timbits after sampling them at locations like the Tim Hortons in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

"We're lucky we have a lot of fans who have experienced Tim Hortons and were training in Fort Knox or who had been overseas . . . and had a taste of home at the store in Kandahar" Morelli said.

The menu will be the same as it is at every other Tim Hortons.

"No 'golden' donuts, unfortunately," Morelli said, adding the cofffee will likely be in high demand shortly after reveille.

Seven Canadian military bases already have a Tim Hortons location including CFB Trenton, Borden, Kingston and Petawawa.

donpeat@sunmedia.ca

Kathryn41- Thanks for sharing the article here on VJ...Lol..Tim Hortons is certainly worth its weight in gold now! Maybe it's because they want something "foreign Canadian expensive exotic foods" to eat, instead of other US-franchise donut chains? Would that drive up the Tim Hortons food prices here in the USA....lol...Yum! Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if Canada planned a surprise attack on the USA through Fort Knox?..Oh I can see it now, a timbit war down at the knox!... :P:lol:

Either way, good for Canadians and good for Americans...Tim Hortons here they come to the USA!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now if only they'd put Tim Horton's all over the rest of Kentucky! It's a serious addiction. I drove over 2 hours to get the candy cane hot chocolate one year. I know, I'm sad.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope they get one at our base!! omg!! I would drive out there to get hot chocolate and ice caps!!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.