nkkst2

montreal interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a few questions for my interview... so I will be taking the Coach bus from Toronto to Montreal by myself. I know we are not allowed to bring bags or anything inside the Consulate. Is there somewhere where we can check them before we get in.... I am worried because I am leaving right after the interview and I do not know what to do with my stuff. Does anyone know how long we will be there until, like an approximate time? If it is not to late, I could go back to the hotel and get my stuff from the room if they let me have a late checkout. If not, I really don't know what to do?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatttt....

AOS/EAD/I-131:

NOA'S Received: March 19, 2010

RFE: March 25, 2010

Case transferred to CSC: April 19, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I have a few questions for my interview... so I will be taking the Coach bus from Toronto to Montreal by myself. I know we are not allowed to bring bags or anything inside the Consulate. Is there somewhere where we can check them before we get in.... I am worried because I am leaving right after the interview and I do not know what to do with my stuff. Does anyone know how long we will be there until, like an approximate time? If it is not to late, I could go back to the hotel and get my stuff from the room if they let me have a late checkout. If not, I really don't know what to do?

why don't you check out before heading to the consulate and leave your stuff in the hotel storage room (most hotels have some space where you can leave your belongings safely)...after the interview you could come back to the hotel and just pick it up...if you are the first one in line you should be done by 9.30am

why don't you check out before heading to the consulate and leave your stuff in the hotel storage room (most hotels have some space where you can leave your belongings safely)...after the interview you could come back to the hotel and just pick it up...if you are the first one in line you should be done by 9.30am

Agreed, this is probably the best idea. Most hotels will be happy to hold on to your stuff for you if need be. You could always call your hotel ahead of time to make sure.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

okay... ya I was thinking they would have something like that... what time do I have to get there to be first in line haha? and do you know the latest I could be there... past 12? Bc I am trying to judge what time I should book my bus trip home... there is a 330 and a 530?

AOS/EAD/I-131:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

From what I've read...7AM is a good time to be in line by. Not sure about how late. I booked a 5pm train back so Im pretty sure I can make that.

Case Completed @ NVC: June 16th 2009

Medical in Toronto: Nov 3rd 2009

Interview in Montreal: Nov 16th 2009: APPROVED!!

Case completion to Interview: 5 long months!

ENTRY to US: November 23rd 2009 @ Pearson Airport

SSN received January 2010

PR card received January 2010

as1cF3I0g410500NDA5NjlsfDAwMDA4N2x8SW50ZXJ2aWV3IGluIE1vbnRyZWFs.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I arrived at the consulate around 6:45 and was third in line. If time is a really big issue I'd aim to be there around 6:30 to be safe. If you do go that early, you probably won't be at the consulate past 10am. Where are you staying? I stay in hotels too much, and usually checkout is around 11, usually not anytime before 10, and sometimes as late at 1pm. Some also offer the option of checking out later for an added fee. As far as the bus goes, I would take the 3:30 home. After you check out of your hotel, what will you do? Since your by yourself and will have luggage to worry about, hanging around the city until after 5 may not be much fun.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I asked for a late check out, and they gave me to 3pm to check out. I was out of there by 10am and had plenty of time to get my things before heading to the airport. I even had time to post quickly on VJ before heading out. :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got to the consulate around 640 am, the check out from our hotel was noon, and I was out of the USCIS office at around 920.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

thanks for the response... I havent booked my hotel yet, I am going to look for something close to the bus terminal, although everything seems pretty close to by. I will plan to arrive early and get on the bus at 330.

AOS/EAD/I-131:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
thanks for the response... I havent booked my hotel yet, I am going to look for something close to the bus terminal, although everything seems pretty close to by. I will plan to arrive early and get on the bus at 330.

Nkkst2 -- when is your interview?

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Nkkst2 -- when is your interview?

nov 20... sorry i should update my timline thingg

AOS/EAD/I-131:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.