Ndrangeta_one

Long Distance Relationships....

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Good post. Glad you found your prince charming on the same continent. Sorry, I like the exotic choices overseas, so that is my predilection. Cheers.

If your 'predilection' is towards a foreign type, that's fine.

That doesn't mean though that there aren't 'traditional' women in the US.

Whatever 'traditional' means.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. Glad you found your prince charming on the same continent. Sorry, I like the exotic choices overseas, so that is my predilection. Cheers.

Itz just a figure of speech, R. If you get to thinking in absolute terms, it wont be fun to discuss it. Any middle aged, divorced man in america does not have time to meet a traditional girl in america. Instead, he will typically just find another used up hag nag bag. Its so much more efficient and easier to go online and get a young, traditional, foreign woman, who will make her man feel like a king, by her being queen of the home and family. Modern american women want to work and seek power like a man, and battle and criticize and dominate her hapless american hubby.

I stand by my point, there really isnt traditional american women anymore who want to stay at home, and care for kids, and let her hubby be the leader of the family. It's a matter of socialization and impartment of knowledge from her parents. Like mommy, like dtr.

Traditional women from asia and mexico, is a good example for your inference of wondering what "traditional" is. Hope this enhances your understanding. Modern white women tend not to be traditional anymore. Pffft.

Cheers.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Itz just a figure of speech, R. If you get to thinking in absolute terms, it wont be fun to discuss it. Any middle aged, divorced man in america does not have time to meet a traditional girl in america. Instead, he will typically just find another used up hag nag bag. Its so much more efficient and easier to go online and get a young, traditional, foreign woman, who will make her man feel like a king, by her being queen of the home and family. Modern american women want to work and seek power like a man, and battle and criticize and dominate her hapless american hubby.

I stand by my point, there really isnt traditional american women anymore who want to stay at home, and care for kids, and let her hubby be the leader of the family. It's a matter of socialization and impartment of knowledge from her parents. Like mommy, like dtr.

Traditional women from asia and mexico, is a good example for your inference of wondering what "traditional" is. Hope this enhances your understanding. Modern white women tend not to be traditional anymore. Pffft.

Cheers.

I'm really shocked by the part of your post I bolded.

And I mean really.

Just so ya know - all I wanted from my ex was to let me stay home and raise our son. I loved taking care of our home, our child and him. But he wanted to work all the time, run us into debt, and then sent me back out to work to pay for bills he couldn't afford to pay on his $100K income.

So stop generalizing, ok? It's really not nice. Some of us who were divorced were used - but not used up.

Cheers.

And I mean really.

Just so ya know - all I wanted from my ex was to let me stay home and raise our son. I loved taking care of our home, our child and him. But he wanted to work all the time, run us into debt, and then sent me back out to work to pay for bills he couldn't afford to pay on his $100K income.

So stop generalizing, ok? It's really not nice. Some of us who were divorced were used - but not used up.

Hag nag bag is all about attitude, no matter what her age. So if a woman has a sweet, charming, non-critical attitude, she will never be one of these. The bane of the man is to have a nagging, bagging, hagging wife. If this is not you, then you have no reason to be shocked. Class dismissed.

Happy Halloween night, folks. Watch out for the witches!

Hag nag bag is all about attitude, no matter what her age. So if a woman has a sweet, charming, non-critical attitude, she will never be one of these. The bane of the man is to have a nagging, bagging, hagging wife. If this is not you, then you have no reason to be shocked. Class dismissed.

Happy Halloween night, folks. Watch out for the witches!

The bane of the woman is to have a man who doesn't care at all about her, but only what he can get from her.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
LDR is not casual dating. Time apart can be very stressful. I agree about total trust being required.

What is really nice is that an American man can find a traditional woman overseas. I think there are only about a dozen traditional American women left in America, and those are already taken :lol:

Good luck in your search, and take your time to make sure you have found the right one. Good thing about int'l search is that there are plenty to choose from, and that a mature American man is a treasure to the foreign girl, and she is just waiting to pamper you and make you feel like the king you are!

Recent surveys list 9 traditional women left in the USA. 3 were killed in laundry mishaps. 6 of the 9 live in Utah, one in Louisiana, 2 in Mississippi, but those two can't read. :lol: The population fo them in Canada is in question. Aerial surveys indicate more but some are believed to be mistaken for baby harp seals and are subject to being clubbed to death by mistake. :bonk: Some may also actually be barren ground caribou.

We know that there is tradional women on this continent, it is just that overseas is such a target rich atmosphere! :yes:

Listen here you big ol' meat head, I can read!!!

Cheers.

And I mean really.

:thumbs:

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

>>>Listen here you big ol' meat head, I can read!!!<<<

Ol' ?????? I guess we will take you word for it. :thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I did a LDR with my high school sweetheart who was initially 45 miles away and then 90 miles away once he started college (graduated after I did). It's not very far, of course, although it seems like it when you're a broke college kid without a car. I wasn't mature enough to handle it all that well and though we lasted 2.5 years, it was time for us to move on when we did (thank goodness he realized that because I didn't at the time!)

I never wanted to do LDR again...

But here I am with my fiance across the pond. It's different now because I have a good full-time job that allows me to see him every other month/vice-versa and I have gone through it before so I didn't become a nagger in the relationship. I actually think it was a great thing (and maybe intended for me?) to have that first LDR so that I knew what not to do with this one.

As to the "traditional" woman that there are none left...does it have to be one way or the other? I love my job (nurse taking care of sick/premature babies) to pieces yet I also want to stay home with my future kids. I think I'll end up going part time or PRN until they are in school fulltime.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Ol' ?????? I guess we will take you** word for it. :thumbs:

**your

fixed it for you

Ol' ?????? I guess we will take you** word for it. :thumbs:

**your

fixed it for you

Careful. Correcting spelling and pronunciations in a relationship is a big red flag of love is lacking. Epitome of nagdom. Think I am kidding? I am deadly serious. Just sayin' :whistle:

Peace

Edited by itzallgood

Timeline

In this case you would be correct, there is no love lost here AND I happened to be an English major in college. Just saying.....too

In this case you would be correct, there is no love lost here AND I happened to be an English major in college. Just saying.....too

Your academic excellence is indeed impressive. But that makes things even more deadly. You may not be able to help but correct your man's English, grammar and even semantics.

My coworker recently had to break up with a great guy (she thought), because one day at a fancy happy hour place, she found herself correcting his English. "How can this be", she said. "This is a happy hour, and I am focusing on correcting his English. Something is wrong with this picture and relationship."

She knew that was the end, and that it would never work out. She broke up with him the following weekend, after consulting with friends.

I'll say it again: "Correcting your SO's English and grammar is a major red flag and indicator regarding the health of the relationship. It is the epitome of nagdom that nags will not be able to recognize or admit."

Let's be kind and loving out there, people. Let little quirks and annoyances go unspoken, and instead try to fill your SO's heart with love and warmth. Make him feel special and loved, not nagged and defeated 'cause no one wins then.

Peace

My husband and I have lived together for over four years now. He's just now applying for his ten year because he was here on a student visa before. I guess I haven't become too much of a harpy/nag/shrew. Yet. :P

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

After going through 6 and a half years of talking almost every day, spending thousands on flights, going through the heartache, the uncertainty - yes. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My wife and I spent 3 of our first five years together in a long distance relationship. She's now in America with green card and a job. We're not up to citizenship yet, but we're looking forward to that day. Our relationship is stronger now than it has ever been, and the long distance portion definitely strengthened it as well; We laugh so often, I can't keep count; We share many common interests; We assume responsibility individually and as a couple; We have common goals toward which we work, supporting each other along the way. I am eternally grateful for the love of my wife and she expresses the same to me.

Each couple shall have a unique experience that cannot be determined by others. Just because our relationship is great does not mean that all long term relationships shall work out. Your post expresses your present feelings on the issue, and if that is how you feel, then your experience very well shall be quite different. If you feel the other person is worth it, then no length of distance, time or money shall matter.

I really enjoyed reading this... I need this today! Thank you for sharing it! :crying::star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.