Safiya&Samir

Questions about I-130/G-325 and medical exam

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

As salam aleikum and greetings

I'm new here.

I guess I should properly address these questions to the forums, but I feel more comfortable here. I have been reading around a bit, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate or not.

I'm getting together our I-130, and I have a couple questions.

1) I have a copy of the English translation of our marriage certificate, is it necessary to include the copy of the original Arabic version?

2) My husband filled out and sent me his G-325 about 3 months ago, and in that time he has switched jobs. I wouldn't think anything of just sending the one he sent me, but it asks for current employer on the I-130. Do you think I should have him send me a new G-325 because of the change? (I'm also getting conflicting information on whether the original signature is actually needed or not. So if it's not, problem solved)

3) I saw today that one of the questions on the medical exam is whether you smoke. Is that a disqualifier? (It would be a good way to pressure him to quit smoking before the exam, lol)

02/11/09 Married

11/02/09 Sent I-130

11/09/09 NOA1 (received 11/13/09)

11/10/09 Check Cashed

11/13/09 *Touch*

2/10/10 NOA2 (text and email)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

One more thing, if I go to stay with him in Egypt after I submit the I-130, will that cause any domicile issues? I live with family now, and I can still use their address as a home/mailing address.

Oh and thanks in advance!

02/11/09 Married

11/02/09 Sent I-130

11/09/09 NOA1 (received 11/13/09)

11/10/09 Check Cashed

11/13/09 *Touch*

2/10/10 NOA2 (text and email)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
One more thing, if I go to stay with him in Egypt after I submit the I-130, will that cause any domicile issues? I live with family now, and I can still use their address as a home/mailing address.

Oh and thanks in advance!

Wa laykom salaam and welcome!

As for the marriage certificate, yes they need to have a copy of the English translation as well.

I don't know about the signature on the G-325, my hubby signed his while I was in Egypt with him. You might want to check with Sandra and Ahmed, I think she signed for her hubby.

And sorry, I don't know if it will cause an issue about living with him after sending the I-130. I think it shouldn't be a problem since you have a domicile address to use. I'd be concerned for when it comes time for the NVC and they ask about financial stuff. You'll need a job or a co-sponser or both.

The smoking shouldnt' be a problem, because what man doesn't smoke in Egypt? Seriously! I think as long has he doesn't have any serious health concerns, it'll be okay :yes:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You should include copies of both the Arabic and English translated marriage certificates. If you can forge his signature on the I-130, go for it. What kind of new job did he get? If it's nothing that is gov't related or the like I wouldn't worry about changing it. He could've very well changed jobs right after you mailed that stuff in, right? My husband changed jobs during the process but I never said anything to immigration because they didn't check into it. But if you want to go by the book then yeah have him send you new forms. Don't worry about the smoking. My husband smokes like a chimney and it wasn't a problem. Unless he has health problems related to his smoking, I wouldn't worry.

As salam aleikum and greetings

I'm new here.

I guess I should properly address these questions to the forums, but I feel more comfortable here. I have been reading around a bit, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate or not.

I'm getting together our I-130, and I have a couple questions.

1) I have a copy of the English translation of our marriage certificate, is it necessary to include the copy of the original Arabic version?

2) My husband filled out and sent me his G-325 about 3 months ago, and in that time he has switched jobs. I wouldn't think anything of just sending the one he sent me, but it asks for current employer on the I-130. Do you think I should have him send me a new G-325 because of the change? (I'm also getting conflicting information on whether the original signature is actually needed or not. So if it's not, problem solved)

3) I saw today that one of the questions on the medical exam is whether you smoke. Is that a disqualifier? (It would be a good way to pressure him to quit smoking before the exam, lol)

I don't know if it was right but i always had my husband sign his name on a blank sheet of paper, he would send it to me through email and I would print it and anywhere on the forms where it asked for his signature, i would put see attachment and on his signature page I would always have it marked as Attachment for ________. It was always accepted. Thinking back now, i dont know why i didnt send him the forms through email and have him just sign where it was needed and send them back to me. Oh well, it's done and over with now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.