BluesTraveler

Getting her out of vacation mode

178 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Russian women also still believe in dressing nicely and using make-up EVERYDAY. They enjoy looking good if only just for their husband...no sloppy sweat pants or worn out jeans around the house. For me, this is one of those things that really contrasts Russian and American women in my many observations.

To add to it all, Russian women are very well educated, have common sense, and carry themselves proudly and with grace...and like being seen as sexy. Is it any wonder we men go to such lengths to find a FSU wife?

Caveat: Age and other demographics may effect your mileage.

Amber, I do not hate American women, and when I go downtown I see plenty of hot, mostly American women. Most of them proudly wear a HUGE rock on their left hand, so I do not stand a chance with the ones I like, because unfortunately there are too few for the great amount "horny" American men who go after the small pool of available good girls.

However, there is something I do hate about most of them, especially downtown (where the beauties are). These women are wearing nice suits, skirts, and other clothes to work, but at the same time their feet look like the feet of homeless because they love wearing those uglies flip flops wherever they go. Or some go the sports route wearing sneakers and white socks, over their nylons. What an excellent sense of fashion! :rofl:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amber, I do not hate American women, and when I go downtown I see plenty of hot, mostly American women. Most of them proudly wear a HUGE rock on their left hand, so I do not stand a chance with the ones I like, because unfortunately there are too few for the great amount "horny" American men who go after the small pool of available good girls.

However, there is something I do hate about most of them, especially downtown (where the beauties are). These women are wearing nice suits, skirts, and other clothes to work, but at the same time their feet look like the feet of homeless because they love wearing those uglies flip flops wherever they go. Or some go the sports route wearing sneakers and white socks, over their nylons. What an excellent sense of fashion! :rofl:

haha- hopefully they take off those functional shoes and put on fashionable ones once they reach the office!

Oh, if only men had to wear heels...then they'd get it...yes, it makes a woman stand straighter, pushes out her boobs, and gives a beautiful curve to the calf.

But you try running around in them for 9 to 10 hours a day, on wet sidewalks, up and down stairs, and then get back to me...

((Side note: I have NEVER done this, I swear!))

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

haha- hopefully they take off those functional shoes and put on fashionable ones once they reach the office!

My point exactly!!!

Try finding a Russian woman wearing those "functional shoes"

My point exactly!!!

now now... there are russian women at my church who wear mismatched clothing (and repeat the same fashion faux pax weekly) and very homely looking shoes. i also work with the oldest, fattest, meanest russian lady ever. not EVERY person in a culture is the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Oh, if only men had to wear heels...then they'd get it...yes, it makes a woman stand straighter, pushes out her boobs, and gives a beautiful curve to the calf.

But you try running around in them for 9 to 10 hours a day, on wet sidewalks, up and down stairs, and then get back to me...

((Side note: I have NEVER done this, I swear!))

I believe you.

Ukrainian women do it all day on cobblestones. My wife has almost no shoes without a heel and she will only wear those around the house where no one will see her, like gardening or something. She wouldn't think of leaveing the house without heels. I guess she likes her legs and boobs to look good. I know I do.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I can only speak from my experience and observations. If you are the exception, good for you, but I look at magnitude and degree and what is the preponderance of things. And it is interesting you also seem to prefer foreigners over Americans. Maybe you too understand things are out of whack in the USA dating scene.

There are 300 million people spread over 300 million square miles in 50 different states in this country. How in the world can you claim that you understand the magnitude and degree of the preponderance of anything unless you've spent a lifetime researching?

Based on the microcosm of people I've met in California, Iowa, Texas, Hawaii, Washington, Nebraska, Nevada, Pennsylvania etc, etc, people's attitudes towards everything vary widely from state to state and region to region. We are no less diverse in this country than in any other. Someone from the Pennsylvania Amish country will have widely different ways of viewing/doing things than someone from Los Angeles, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Dallas, TX or Nome, AK...

I'm a sociologist.

So? In pursuing your degree, did you meet all 300 million people?

I'm sure you understand the concept of sampling in science research to uncover trends. Or offering a hypothesis to explain a phenomena and conducting research to support or refute it.

And our regional differences are declining as the world gets smaller from TV and the internet, etc. But I'd like to see some data that a certain US region has less divorce, single parent families, etc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
American men may at times just randomly end up with foreign brides, but for the majority it is an intentional mission to choose a woman not from America.

Seems like you're basing this mostly on having "observed" Rub/Asian/Phil relationships. Being mostly concerned with Western-Western relationships myself, I would come to exactly the opposite conclusion.

Your world view is so....narrow.

This is the RUSSIAN forum is it not? Or the RUB forum to be exact. Narrow for reason...as with other regional forums.

But, please, don't get me started on you Canadians! :)

these are the kinds of things that made me love coming to this forum- joking about the fun little things exclusive to our spouses and how we are all old, fat, bald men who have young hotties. :D

:o There you go again. I resemble that remark :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I can only speak from my experience and observations. If you are the exception, good for you, but I look at magnitude and degree and what is the preponderance of things. And it is interesting you also seem to prefer foreigners over Americans. Maybe you too understand things are out of whack in the USA dating scene.

There are 300 million people spread over 300 million square miles in 50 different states in this country. How in the world can you claim that you understand the magnitude and degree of the preponderance of anything unless you've spent a lifetime researching?

Based on the microcosm of people I've met in California, Iowa, Texas, Hawaii, Washington, Nebraska, Nevada, Pennsylvania etc, etc, people's attitudes towards everything vary widely from state to state and region to region. We are no less diverse in this country than in any other. Someone from the Pennsylvania Amish country will have widely different ways of viewing/doing things than someone from Los Angeles, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Dallas, TX or Nome, AK...

I'm a sociologist.

I'm sure you understand the concept of sampling in science research to uncover trends. Or offering a hypothesis to explain a phenomena and conducting research to support or refute it.

And our regional differences are declining as the world gets smaller from TV and the internet, etc. But I'd like to see some data that a certain US region has less divorce, single parent families, etc.

I have done no research in regards to statistics regarding divorce, single parent families and the like, and so I cannot give you an opinion in that regards, suffice to say that I'm sure there are variances depending on religious and/or cultural beliefs which tend to congregate together in one area or another.

In regards to taking sampling - yes, I take issue with this, as I don't believe that people, as individuals can be reduced to a mathematical equation.

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

There are differences between what are generally considered "blue" states are "red" states in terms of age of first marriage, number of children, etc. Just one example.

Also if you wear heels constantly your tendons shorten over time and it makes it uncomfortable to wear flats. It does do considerable damage to your overall back/leg health.

Первый блин комом.

I'm a sociologist.

I have done no research in regards to statistics regarding divorce, single parent families and the like, and so I cannot give you an opinion in that regards, suffice to say that I'm sure there are variances depending on religious and/or cultural beliefs which tend to congregate together in one area or another.

In regards to taking sampling - yes, I take issue with this, as I don't believe that people, as individuals can be reduced to a mathematical equation.

Additionally, in a country consisting of roughly 300 million people, even if you sampled 3,000,000 of them, you're still only looking at 1% of the population.

Edited by Christi and Ian

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My point exactly!!!

now now... there are russian women at my church who wear mismatched clothing (and repeat the same fashion faux pax weekly) and very homely looking shoes. i also work with the oldest, fattest, meanest russian lady ever. not EVERY person in a culture is the same.

At the Russian Church I go to, it seems the magic age is around 50.... Russian woman from this time era or at this age (not sure which) seem to drop off considerably in Wardrobe and appearance.

But if I may speak "generally" again, I would say there are more hot looking ladies per population in that church than any other in town.

All of them dress excellent (as do the men), I am probably the most relaxed dressed one in the place but you can blame my wife as I have put on like 15 or 20 pounds since she got here.... which limits my choice of suites.

There are so few overweight ladies (under 30), that the-few stand out like an orange in a basket of string-beans.

All that being said, one could go to any collage town in the USA and see a ample supply of attractive ladies..... but you'd have to be at a collage or beach location, not just your average church or shopping mall.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Hmmm, comments about "Mail Order Brides", "Fat, Old, Bald Men", and "Pie and Guns". Also a complete tangent from the original topic. It must be the RUB Forum :D

Personally I also have nothing against American women and actually was looking for someone close to home, but most of the women my age were running to the woods as soon as the B & D words came up. Bankruptcy and Divorce. So I cast my net world wide and found the woman for me.

As for the term Mail Order Bride, whenever I hear someone use this term in regards to Oksana I am quick to tell them that she is a Made to Order Bride. And so that no one gets their back up from this comment, when I say this statement I mean that she is the perfect spouse for me. She doesn't put up with my BS and she understands me better than any ever has.

My point exactly!!!

Um...plenty of my Russian nursing friends do this. When you're actually ON your feet for 12 hours a day...

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.