mrsvanduijkeren

Newly married in the us to my dutch love need a little advice

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi . I honeslty am super scared. I met my husband online in 2006 thu secondlife. ( a virtual reality site were people use avitars to meet etc and do lots of stuff) We married in world and have been together ever since. I dont know if i have chat logs i know we text and use skype so we video chat and voice chat. i have some stuff like my wedding stuff in world ( second life) etc to prove were legit along with notecards we have written back and forth plus we have so many mutual friends both in secondlife and out... i dont know how or if i can get my chat history from second life itself..so i am confused on that.

He came here sept 23rd and stayed for a month. We got married... honestly .. we couldnt help it. I am just worried I do not have enough interview proof . I mean if they want to know he snores and deathly alergic to mussles or clams, has a mole ahem somplace i need not mention or what his favorite color is heck anything about each other we know. We may have only been virtually married until now but I gotta say it didnt feel any more perfect to actually say I do.

What all do they need i mean i had a small reno wedding with friends most of whom are second life friends also that are now rl friends or rl friends who played second life .

We just want to be together.. hes has only been gone less than a day and i am falling apart. I got the form we need welooked up the stuff i am / well we are going to file the spousal stuff a.s.a.p. and he wants to come here asap but to stay.How long will it take for him to get offered the visa forms etc to come over here so we can fill out the paperwork or should we find say a diff way of getting him faster like a work visa.I dont want to be apart . Friend of mine sugested looking for a place online were others were going though the same things.. any sugestions, anything will help thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The CR1 visa is the bst one for you two. He would have a green gard (and thus the ability to be employed) after entering the US. Not likely to get a work visa when married to a USC.

Do some reading in the Guides here on VJ to familiarize yourselves with the time, steps, and costs involved. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

It won't happen as fast as you'd like. Be patient, prepare well, and you will be together soon.

Welcome to VJ.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi . I honeslty am super scared. I met my husband online in 2006 thu secondlife. ( a virtual reality site were people use avitars to meet etc and do lots of stuff) We married in world and have been together ever since. I dont know if i have chat logs i know we text and use skype so we video chat and voice chat. i have some stuff like my wedding stuff in world ( second life) etc to prove were legit along with notecards we have written back and forth plus we have so many mutual friends both in secondlife and out... i dont know how or if i can get my chat history from second life itself..so i am confused on that.

He came here sept 23rd and stayed for a month. We got married... honestly .. we couldnt help it. I am just worried I do not have enough interview proof . I mean if they want to know he snores and deathly alergic to mussles or clams, has a mole ahem somplace i need not mention or what his favorite color is heck anything about each other we know. We may have only been virtually married until now but I gotta say it didnt feel any more perfect to actually say I do.

What all do they need i mean i had a small reno wedding with friends most of whom are second life friends also that are now rl friends or rl friends who played second life .

We just want to be together.. hes has only been gone less than a day and i am falling apart. I got the form we need welooked up the stuff i am / well we are going to file the spousal stuff a.s.a.p. and he wants to come here asap but to stay.How long will it take for him to get offered the visa forms etc to come over here so we can fill out the paperwork or should we find say a diff way of getting him faster like a work visa.I dont want to be apart . Friend of mine sugested looking for a place online were others were going though the same things.. any sugestions, anything will help thank you

You have two options; CR1 and K3. The CR1 is less costly and could take average 4 - 9 months from start to finish depending on how soon you respond to their request.

JNR

There are two routes you can take:

I129f (K3) and I130 (CR-1)

You will need to pay $455 to file petition I130, this fee also covers I129f, should you wish to file petition, once you receive Notice of Action 1 for I30 petition. K3 was known to be faster than CR-1 but now, apprently, they are processed more or less the same time, pending on your constitute.

K3:

Need to apply for EAD (Employment Authorization Document) to enable you to work in US costing $355

Travel document so you can re-enter USA with K3 visa costing $305

Adjustment of status within two years for permanent residency costing $1010.00

CR-1:

$70 for filing sponsorship (AOS)

$400 for immigrant visa (IV)

Mandatory fees that must be paid regardless with route you pick

Medical exam fee $131 I think

Machine Readable Visa (MVR) payable at your constitute day of interview

I130 petition filing fee

(covers K3 filing, if you wish to file the petition) $455

All the best. Congrats on the wedding

Best of Luck. Best wishes. Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You will need to pay $455 to file petition I130, this fee also covers I129f,

Correction. The filing fee for the I-130 is $355.

This page does a good job of laying out all the government fees.

http://www.fianceandspousevisa.com/FEES.html

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, well, It might have been better if you reviewed the instructions for the I-130 before he left. I'm not knocking ya, just saying...

There's 6 areas in the instructions that cover 'proof of bonafide relationship' - and you'll need to provide stuff in the initial filing on the I-130, also (if you are filing it later ) I suggest a complete copy of it for the K-3.

So - focus on those 6 areas, for now. Suggest you give it a full weeks worth of effort and attention. Map it out on paper (get away from the keyboard ) and go get em.

Here's a list of what I did - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3324240

Have a read, try to tailor it to your situation.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
Friend of mine sugested looking for a place online were others were going though the same things.. any sugestions, anything will help thank you

Well, this is the place. You've found the right place. Good on ya, congratulations, etc etc - tell yer friend that was a useful suggestion - time to bake him/her some cookies in appreciation.. :D

Train yer eyes upwards - click on 'GUIDES' and start reading on the I-130.

WELCOME ABOARD !!!!

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Oh no I knew about some of it .. esp the spousal forms and we did some of the reserch but alot of it is quite confusing ..and some the timelines are well, seem dire though..Friend who also plays second life also has converstation records etc so I am working on seeing how much info I have and also what linden lab ( secondlife people) can get obiosly I am not the first person to meet there husband or wife this way.

I was more worried about sposorship but as a household we can do the sponsorship or if he is able to come here on a k3 then he can work and both of us can pay $1000 for a diff form ( ins said i cant remember right now what form it is ) basically it says he can support himself.(This is after going though a bit of paperwork reserch online and I called U.S. Imagration.)

Gonna look up the other thing in a bit the CR-1 that one doesnt not ring a bell .. so gonna have to look that up. Waiting on my certified marrige lic. then going to the name change prossess aaand then on to this paperwork. But howeverlong it takes.. reading thu all the responces now. Thanks everyone

Timeline

Oh no I knew about some of it .. esp the spousal forms and we did some of the reserch but alot of it is quite confusing ..and some the timelines are well, seem dire though..Friend who also plays second life also has converstation records etc so I am working on seeing how much info I have and also what linden lab ( secondlife people) can get obiosly I am not the first person to meet there husband or wife this way.

I was more worried about sposorship but as a household we can do the sponsorship or if he is able to come here on a k3 then he can work and both of us can pay $1000 for a diff form ( ins said i cant remember right now what form it is ) basically it says he can support himself.(This is after going though a bit of paperwork reserch online and I called U.S. Imagration.)

Gonna look up the other thing in a bit the CR-1 that one doesnt not ring a bell .. so gonna have to look that up. Waiting on my certified marrige lic. then going to the name change prossess aaand then on to this paperwork. But howeverlong it takes.. reading thu all the responces now. Thanks everyone

A qualified sponsor is going to be required regardless of the visa path. Start by actually reading the CR1 guide.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Gonna look up the other thing in a bit the CR-1 that one doesnt not ring a bell ..

CR-1 is a visa type, granted when an I-130 petition bas been filed, upon successful interview at a US Consulate/Embassy, overseas.

Usually, a CR-1 visa gets tied to a 2 year Conditional Residency Permit, or green card.

Good Luck with the week of study. If possible, I suggest you print out the guides and forms, get away from the keyboard . Take paper and pencil with you, make copious notes.

Timeline

Before he left I put him on my checking and savings acount here so we do have joint finances. It also makes paying fees eazier so we can put money into one pot. I have some transcripts etc i can get but if it comes down to avidavids i can get probably close 2 a dozen. What had me is we didnt have a honeymoon etc yet.. were waiting until he gets here and can stay and then going on our honeymoon also same for reception..( we want to make it special and wait and go to hawaii ) money now goes to getting him here

Edited by mrsvanduijkeren

Timeline

Hey - thats great - joint accounts are a good thing !!!!

Were you successful in finding the I-130 guide here?

Good Luck !

Timeline

Before he left I put him on my checking and savings acount here so we do have joint finances. It also makes paying fees eazier so we can put money into one pot. I have some transcripts etc i can get but if it comes down to avidavids i can get probably close 2 a dozen. What had me is we didnt have a honeymoon etc yet.. were waiting until he gets here and can stay and then going on our honeymoon also same for reception..( we want to make it special and wait and go to hawaii ) money now goes to getting him here

With joint bank accounts you don't need any affidavits. Instead of getting hung up on minutia, why not actually study the CR1 guide.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

The single thing you can do to get your husband in country more quickly is to file your I130 ASAP. Every day you delay is a day you'll be hating yourself in a few months for not filing earlier. You will thank yourself later for filing NOW rather than LATER. The CR1 visa requirements are in the guides mentioned. Read the requirements, collect the necessary documents, and mail in your packet. Specific questions about specific documents/forms are easily answered by many on this forum. Yes, it takes some time to understand, but it's not rocket science. I filed my I130 6 days after I returned from my overseas marriage, without having done any prior preparation (and it was approved in 63 days).

For what it's worth, I had no proof of co-mingling of finances, so I sent 3 affidavits, and five pictures as proof of bonafide marriage (as well as a marriage certificate and all other required documents, of course).

Edited by Mike & Sachie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.