Pepe Galleta1

Drivers License in NC

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

it's me again :)

another quick question. It seems to be a common question but I did not find answers that apply to North Carolina so here we go.

as soon as i get my first NOA when my i751 is being processed, can i get a 1 yr drivers license?

I've seen feedback from

- Atlanta http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109392

- California http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124518

It seems to me that maybe the NOA will be good enough to renew the drivers license for a year but can anyone tell me if that also applies for Charlotte, North Carolina?

thanks in advance!!

/PepeGalleta

--------------------------------------------

I-130/I-485/I-765

* 03/15/2007 ---> we got married!

* 04/29/2007 ---> AOS sent to Texas instead of Chicago (oops!) (I-130/I-485/I-765/i-693/g-325/i-864) (day 0)

* 05/01/2007 ---> USCIS Receives package in TSC (day 2)

* 05/07/2007 ---> USCIS Receives forms (internally to the right place?) (day 6)

* 05/11/2007 ---> Notice of Action (i765/i130/i485) (day 10)

* 05/20/2007 ---> NOA for Biometrics at ASC (6/13/07) (day 20)

* 06/13/2007 ---> Biometrics at ASC (day 24)

* 06/14/2007 ---> i485 Touched (day 25)

* 06/14/2007 ---> i765 Touched (day 25)

* 07/25/2007 ---> EAD Production Card ordered (day 66)

* 12/13/2007 ---> AOS Interview (PASSED)

* 12/13/2007 ---> GC Production Card ordered (7 months 2 weeks)

* 12/22/2007 ---> GC Received

I-751

* 10/20/2009 ---> i751 sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

* 11/18/2009 ---> i751 Biometrics

* 01/23/2010 ---> Notice of Action > Request for Removal of Conditional basis of Permanent Resident Status is APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We are in Raleigh, NC, and my husband took his NOA with him to the DMV with his expired license and they gave him a 1 yr renewal. You will have to take the vision, road sign, etc, test again, though. You shouldn't have any problems!

AOS approved 7/20/07!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So were you able to get your License? We are in NC as well. My husbands residence expires and we received our notice of action and that it is extended for one year. We've been to the biometrics appointment as well. However when he went to the DMV today they would not extend his DL due to there not being a date when his extended res expires. There is a receipt date...but no expiring date. Now personally if there is a receipt date and it is extended for 1 year then the expiration date would be ONE year from that date.

I am so irritated with our office here. I had to do this before when we were first applying for a DL. Someone from the state actually had to approve it.

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My DL will expire in December. I am planning to go to Mooresville where I got my DL last year. I'm afraid they wont extend my license too because I only have the NOA and Biometrics appoinment letter for Nov 20.

Is there anyone here who had successfully renue their license by just presenting letters from USCIS???

So were you able to get your License? We are in NC as well. My husbands residence expires and we received our notice of action and that it is extended for one year. We've been to the biometrics appointment as well. However when he went to the DMV today they would not extend his DL due to there not being a date when his extended res expires. There is a receipt date...but no expiring date. Now personally if there is a receipt date and it is extended for 1 year then the expiration date would be ONE year from that date.

I am so irritated with our office here. I had to do this before when we were first applying for a DL. Someone from the state actually had to approve it.

USCIS

02-28-2007 I-130 sent to TSC forwarded to CSC

03-06-2007 NOA1

05-24-2007 NOA2

NVC

06-25-2007 DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

07-02-2007 IV Fee Bill and I-864 generated

08-13-2007 DS230 generated

08-30-2007 CASE COMPLETE

12-10-2007 TOKYO INTERVIEW

12-25-2007 US ENTRY (CHICAGO)

01-08-2008 SSN received

02-08-2008 GC received

04-30-2008 NC DL in hand

12-25-2009 GC & NC DL expiration

ROC

10-07-2009 I-751 sent to VSC overnight

10-17-2009 NOA received

11-20-2009 Biometrics sched

My DL will expire in December. I am planning to go to Mooresville where I got my DL last year. I'm afraid they wont extend my license too because I only have the NOA and Biometrics appoinment letter for Nov 20.

Is there anyone here who had successfully renue their license by just presenting letters from USCIS???

I was on hold for 51 minutes with the NCDMV before I hung up. I called all the numbers before finally getting someones voice mail. I also sent an email describing my problems. Hopefully I will have some answers for you. This is silly..and I am hoping our office is just mistaken. If not then how do they expect us to keep getting a pay check and paying our taxes this state so obviously needs. Grrr.

Edited by ajames79

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Alright so the bottom line is that our DL office was wrong! As I knew they were! I got in touch with someone from the STATE office and they pushed everything through into the local office here.

Do not let them tell you this isn't possible, thank you and have a good day. Because that is wrong. Chris got his temp DL today and his new DL will come in the mail in the next 2 weeks. However it does expire in a year so expect to go through this ####### again in a year!

So good luck...any questions just ask. I have loads of details but honestly they are to moronic to type!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.