CountryBoy

Daughters Biometrics Appointment Letter / Receipt Number Not Received

19 posts in this topic

We are in the same boat. Waiting for an answer Monday from you Countryboy.... Appreciate any info you give us. Like I have said before. We took Mathew along for Ruchies Biometrics and they said he didn't need to be there... I am as confused as everyone else. :unsure:

You might consider calling USCIS and use the "address change" option to get a speaking person on the phone to find out Mathew's biometric receipt number so you can check his case status online .. you might also consider asking if a letter was ever sent out ..

I did just that and they said a letter was never sent out and did give me the receipt number to track the case status ..

just a little trick you might try, my wife and daughters applications both had the same receipt date, Sep. 10.. if you get on USCIS and search for the numbers immediately following your wife's BIOMETRIC receipt number and verify the same date of receipt with the same petition type (CR189) then there is a pretty good chance that the first number you come to will be Mathews .. I did this for both AOS and now ROC and it worked both times (my daughters biometric receipt number this time is 13 after my wifes)..

Good Luck !!!!

Thank You CB... I'll give that a try. Appreciate the info!! :thumbs:

We got approval.

My 12 years old daughter never received biometric or even extension letter. When I called them I was told that because her age she would not have biometric done .

We took her along for my biometric and explained the situation. They said she SHOULD HAVE a biometric but it could not be done that day because they didn't have my daughter's biometric receipt number and that I would receive it yet. :blink:

Well, I gave up. I think they use the kid's biometric information from AOS.

Removing Conditions

May 29 2009 - Vermont received I-751

June 01 2009 - NOA

July 13 2009 - Biometric

Oct 22 2009 - E-mail - card ordered

Oct 23 2009 - Received letter - approval date 10/19.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We got approval.

My 12 years old daughter never received biometric or even extension letter. When I called them I was told that because her age she would not have biometric done .

We took her along for my biometric and explained the situation. They said she SHOULD HAVE a biometric but it could not be done that day because they didn't have my daughter's biometric receipt number and that I would receive it yet. :blink:

Just as an FYI for those of us in the above situation... this is taken from the instructions to Form I-90:

You must apply for a new card within 30 days after reaching your 14th birthday to replace a card issued before your 14th birthday....

So regardless of any expiration date on the card... when the child hits 14 you must get a new one, and this time it will include "full blown" biometrics... So for me, my child turns 14 in September, so less than a year after getting the one in process right now, we do it again....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

We got approval.

Just as an FYI for those of us in the above situation... this is taken from the instructions to Form I-90:

You must apply for a new card within 30 days after reaching your 14th birthday to replace a card issued before your 14th birthday....

So regardless of any expiration date on the card... when the child hits 14 you must get a new one, and this time it will include "full blown" biometrics... So for me, my child turns 14 in September, so less than a year after getting the one in process right now, we do it again....

our daughter will also turn 14 next summer. this makes a little more sense now. maybe this bit of information could be added to the guide so it would be less confusing for those in the process with a similar situation.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.