one...two...tree

CA Man Indicted On Charges Of Threatening To Kill Obama And Family

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

A Del Norte County man has been indicted by a federal grand jury in San Francisco on charges that he threatened in an e-mail to kill President Obama and members of his family.

John Gimbel, 59, of Crescent City e-mailed a message Sept. 28 bearing a subject line that read, in part, "Kill the 'president' ... then write 'fed s-' on his chest with a felt tip," said the indictment issued Tuesday, two days before Obama's scheduled visit to San Francisco today for fundraisers at the St. Francis Hotel.

In the body of the e-mail, Gimbel allegedly wrote, "Kill that ... wife of yours," and, "Do it to his children and family first in front of him. Failure to comply. That'll teach him."

Gimbel was indicted on charges of making threats against the president, threats against the president's immediate family and threats transmitted through interstate communication.

Gimbel is in custody, authorities said. The indictment did not say to whom he allegedly sent the e-mail.

The case, which was investigated by the Secret Service, is not the first time Gimbel has come under scrutiny for e-mail messages.

In April 2004, Gimbel was accused of complaining about a $5 parking ticket in an e-mail and threatening to deputize "all of the citizens of Crescent City to fix up some of these f- up piggos. Grab those hi-powered deer rifles, each and every, and get in groups of 50 and more and go breeze away to dust the skull of the police chief."

Gimbel was convicted of making the threats, but the conviction was overturned on appeal, court records show.

In another case, Gimbel allegedly harassed a Del Norte County sheriff's deputy who cited him for having faulty brake lights and no proof of insurance.

Gimbel repeatedly left vulgar messages on the deputy's voice mail, prompting the deputy to obtain a restraining order against him in 2006, authorities said. Gimbel filed suit against the deputy and numerous public agencies, but it was dismissed.

John Vrieze, a Eureka attorney who represented Del Norte County in both cases, said today, "The guy has some type of obsessive disorder. ... He's become very fixated on his First Amendment rights, thinking that transcends all bounds and that you can say anything you want and that it's protected speech. He probably could stand to benefit from some therapy."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../BAEP1A631R.DTL

I am sure he will be treated appropriately (No attempted murder charges blah blah blah)

I can't see why this is newsworthy though, sorry.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

He probably could stand to benefit from some therapy

Understatement of the year. :lol:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, that one less person at the next tea bagging party. :hehe:

nah, he's in california. but i'm sure acorn will ensure he votes about 4 times even if he's imprisoned.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

nah, he's in california. but i'm sure acorn will ensure he votes about 4 times even if he's imprisoned.

What, you think they don't teabag in Cali? You're mistaken, they have their share of right wing nutters over there, too.

Sacramento, Calif.

The high temperatures here Friday were matched only by the heat from throngs of Tea Party protesters who gathered at the statehouse to rail against everything from California’s environmental policies to national healthcare reform.

Timeline

What, you think they don't teabag in Cali? You're mistaken, they have their share of right wing nutters over there, too.

Charles has no idea how many Right Wingers are in this state. There's actually an area that is known as KKK territory.

Timeline

Charles has no idea how many Right Wingers are in this state. There's actually an area that is known as KKK territory.

how progressive!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

how progressive!

They are real KKK members in California. Yes, hard to imagine but very real.

Check out this blog on Stormfront:

The California KKK is on the up and up, with regular meetings in the Bay Area and Sacramento.

If anyone is interested pm me or send an email.beerchug.gif

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=436463

Timeline

how progressive!

Check out this blog on Stormfront:

The California KKK is on the up and up, with regular meetings in the Bay Area and Sacramento.

If anyone is interested pm me or send an email.beerchug.gif

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=436463

scary on both counts. that it exists in such an enlightened state and that you know the website.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

how progressive!

Real KKK guys don't wear pink. That only happens in Cali. :lol:

e5nrdj.jpg

Timeline

how progressive!

Real KKK guys don't wear pink. That only happens in Cali. :lol:

e5nrdj.jpg

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *