I AM NOT THAT GUY

Fourth Grader Asks Obama, "Why Do People Hate You?"

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well, if he is attending one of the classes that practices Obama worship, ala Jim Jones, then I could easily understand why he would ask the question, "Why do they persecute you, Messiah?"

Wait. Wait.

Did you just compare Barack Obama to the leader of a suicide cult?!

You know, maybe the others here are right and arguing with you people is futile. You just... believe whatever the f*** you want. Sure, the world's out to get you. Yep, we're all communists, and Obama is our evil leader trying to make the US as close as possible to communist China. Whatever you say.

I think I'm done with these political topics. They're full of people that have no reason whatsoever.

Don't let Bill (Lonesome Ranger) discourage you. Bill is the quintessential Conspiracy Theorist - shows elements of being bright and intelligent and then blows that all away like a puff of smoke with one of his outlandish theories. I have a theory that he either dropped a lot of acid when he was younger or perhaps was in some kind of motorcycle accident and wasn't wearing a helmet.

Got any disco hits? Or some shrooms? Something to take the edge off reality for the weekend? :star:

doors-perception.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks guys. It just feels like bashing my head against a brick wall with a few of these people sometimes.

Keep on posting. :thumbs: You make some compelling arguments.

Timeline
Well, if he is attending one of the classes that practices Obama worship, ala Jim Jones, then I could easily understand why he would ask the question, "Why do they persecute you, Messiah?"

Wait. Wait.

You know, maybe the others here are right and arguing with you people is futile. You just... believe whatever the f*** you want. Sure, the world's out to get you. Yep, we're all communists, and Obama is our evil leader trying to make the US as close as possible to communist China. Whatever you say.

I think I'm done with these political topics. They're full of people that have no reason whatsoever.

Don't let Bill (Lonesome Ranger) discourage you. Bill is the quintessential Conspiracy Theorist - shows elements of being bright and intelligent and then blows that all away like a puff of smoke with one of his outlandish theories. I have a theory that he either dropped a lot of acid when he was younger or perhaps was in some kind of motorcycle accident and wasn't wearing a helmet.

Got any disco hits? Or some shrooms? Something to take the edge off reality for the weekend? :star:

I'm thinking this is more along your tastes.

conspiracy-of-fools-book.jpg

Wait. Wait.

Does Ron know about this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If a President (any President) is elected with 60% of the popular vote it's considered a landslide, but the flip side is that 40% didn't vote for him. My point is that politics is by nature divisive & the current political environment is very polarized, so a lot of people "hate" Obama.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Timeline

Wait. Wait.

Does Ron know about this?

:lol: Here's probably under his desk, shaking like a scared little sheep.

Hating opposition politicians is an American peculiarity though and it's not even as if it's because a lot of people actively engage in politics, it's a result of the particular type of media coverage of politics that abounds here now. It's mostly terribly silly and actually doesn't make for better governance, rather worse because people focus on the mindlessly trivial. The media and the people should scrutinise the president, congress and the lower house, but for the content of the policies, not their personalities or what people choose to wear, or how 'hot' they are.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Hating opposition politicians is an American peculiarity though and it's not even as if it's because a lot of people actively engage in politics, it's a result of the particular type of media coverage of politics that abounds here now. It's mostly terribly silly and actually doesn't make for better governance, rather worse because people focus on the mindlessly trivial. The media and the people should scrutinise the president, congress and the lower house, but for the content of the policies, not their personalities or what people choose to wear, or how 'hot' they are.

Because the British are so civilized?

No, it's got nothing to do with how civilized or not the politicians are. I like PM question time personally but I don't hate the politicians even when they are stupid.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
If a President (any President) is elected with 60% of the popular vote it's considered a landslide, but the flip side is that 40% didn't vote for him. My point is that politics is by nature divisive & the current political environment is very polarized, so a lot of people "hate" Obama.

There are factions on both fringes of the political spectrum, whose level of intolerance for the policies of what they perceive as an opposing viewpoint, makes them infuriated to the point of hating politicians. Look at how many here despise Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid. They act as if their hatred for these particular politicians is aimed at their character (and perhaps some of it is), but the real driving force for their hatred is because they don't agree with their political views.

Take for example - illegal immigration. Reagan granted Amnesty and GW Bush had a more reasonable approach to illegal immigration than what the anti-immigration crowd finds palatable (nothing short of deportation). Now that we've got a Democrat in the White House - a Black man no less - there are many in the anti-immigration crowd that have personified their intolerance for what essentially was the same policies GW Bush had, as hatred towards Obama. Then you add the gun lobby and their fearmongering - trying to rattle gun owners that 'here's another Democrat who wants to take away your guns.'

Some of these people on the fringes are so enraged...they're ready to take up arms to fight what they have convinced themselves as an abomination of the U.S. Constitution. It's only a matter of time before we see more incidents of violence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are factions on both fringes of the political spectrum, whose level of intolerance for the policies of what they perceive as an opposing viewpoint, makes them infuriated to the point of hating politicians. Look at how many here despise Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid. They act as if their hatred for these particular politicians is aimed at their character (and perhaps some of it is), but the real driving force for their hatred is because they don't agree with their political views.

Take for example - illegal immigration. Reagan granted Amnesty and GW Bush had a more reasonable approach to illegal immigration than what the anti-immigration crowd finds palatable (nothing short of deportation). Now that we've got a Democrat in the White House - a Black man no less - there are many in the anti-immigration crowd that have personified their intolerance for what essentially was the same policies GW Bush had, as hatred towards Obama. Then you add the gun lobby and their fearmongering - trying to rattle gun owners that 'here's another Democrat who wants to take away your guns.'

Some of these people on the fringes are so enraged...they're ready to take up arms to fight what they have convinced themselves as an abomination of the U.S. Constitution. It's only a matter of time before we see more incidents of violence.

The extreme right & extreme left by nature do not represent the opinions of the majority, but they are the most vocal & controversial so they get the most attention. The moderates (who actually do represent the majority) are portrayed by the extremists as weak & non-committal because they aren't screaming their opinions & bashing anyone who disagrees with them. Politics has become a four letter word.

Edited by nowhereman
FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

The extreme right & extreme left by nature do not represent the opinions of the majority, but they are the most vocal & controversial so they get the most attention. The moderates (who actually do represent the majority) are portrayed by the extremists as weak & non-committal because they aren't screaming their opinions & bashing anyone who disagrees with them. Politics has become a four letter word.

Polls do tend to skew things for a couple reasons:

First of all, the polls most political people concern themselves with are likely voters. Due to the shamefully low voter participation, about 64% of registered voters who actually vote, and about 70% of the eligible population who were actually registered in 2008, 54% of the population don't even care. So whether they are moderate, or not, doesn't really even matter.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/re...ing/013995.html

Secondly, of the minority that does participate, they tend to have stronger views than the population as a whole, 40% vote hard right, 30% vote hard left, and about 30% are swing voters.

ETA: That explains why Obama is trying so hard to hold the center, and why his support base is beginning to get a little frustrated.

Edited by Lone Ranger

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
200px-Glenn-Beck.jpg

Colbert pwning Glenn Beck LOL

and seriously.. people take him for real? #######?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif