w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

U.S States, by the date of repeal of anti-miscegenation laws

29 posts in this topic

Glad to see that your attitude is improving. Keep insulting everyone, maybe they will respect you more.

What's it to you? Did you see your name mentioned or are you just trolling?

You are so lame. No wonder why everyone here hates you.

I have counted 10 people so far and they are all morons. So I wear it as a badge of honor that these particular losers/freaks/weirdos hate me. :dance:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Glad to see that your attitude is improving. Keep insulting everyone, maybe they will respect you more.

What's it to you? Did you see your name mentioned or are you just trolling?

You are so lame. No wonder why everyone here hates you.

I have counted 10 people so far and they are all morons. So I wear it as a badge of honor that these particular losers/freaks/weirdos hate me. :dance:

:rofl: And you don't think the loser/freaks/weirdo category applies to you as well? You belittle and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you and cry foul when called on it. As I have said before, it must be your internet game and reason for posting what you do. Nobody could possibly be that stupid. You appear to be the troll that you accuse others of being.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Had the roles been reversed, it would have received the typical yawn plus a "it's isolated" etc response.

But the thing mate, the roles aren't reversed - so all you're doing in imagining it is indulging your own wish-fulfillment.

Its a bogus argument, based on nothing.

Had the roles been reversed, it would have received the typical yawn plus a "it's isolated" etc response.

But the thing mate, the roles aren't reversed - so all you're doing in imagining it is indulging your own wish-fulfillment.

That is the point, such articles do not make the news. Or are you going to sit here and assume that only Caucasians can be bigoted. Which is racist in itself.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

You belittle and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you and cry foul when called on it. As I have said before, it must be your internet game and reason for posting what you do. Nobody could possibly be that stupid. You appear to be the troll that you accuse others of being.

I did not realize I belittled someone. I see your problem though, as it's a typical liberal yank flaw. You take someone's personal opinion regarding a topic and assume it is directed at you personally. Therefore, you then use this delusional belief to personally attack the person saying it. It’s why you post ####### about Australia, as you are using it as a means to attack me; as if I would care anyway. This flawed mentality is why your type hate Bill O’reilly, since in your mind, he is attacking you personally. :wacko: However, in reality, he is simply voicing his opinion.

The only people who are here to play games are Scandal A.J and yourself, you even stated so on EP.

Edited by Booyah!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That is the point, such articles do not make the news. Or are you going to sit here and assume that only Caucasians can be bigoted. Which is racist in itself.

I'm sure there are lots of stories out there about judges refusing to allow people to marry because they don't believe in "mingling" the races.

You belittle and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you and cry foul when called on it. As I have said before, it must be your internet game and reason for posting what you do. Nobody could possibly be that stupid. You appear to be the troll that you accuse others of being.

I did not realize I belittled someone. I see your problem though, as it's a typical liberal yank flaw. You take someone's personal opinion regarding a topic and assume it is directed at you personally. Therefore, you then use this delusional belief to personally attack the person saying it. It’s why you post ####### about Australia, as you are using it as a means to attack me; as if I would care anyway. This flawed mentality is why your type hate Bill O’reilly, since in your mind, he is attacking you personally. :wacko: However, in reality, he is simply voicing his opinion.

The only people who are here to play games are Scandal A.J and yourself, you even stated so on EP.

Either you're playing a game or you're a complete idiot. Which one is it? I gave you the benefit of the doubt and think that you do what you do intentionally. It has nothing to do with being a liberal or conservative or whatever group you are criticizing at the moment.

Isn't it funny that you ignore any serious post or question I ask you, yet you claim I'm baiting you when I call you out for what you post. And posting something negative about Australia is #######, yet you do the same about the US in every post and that's ok. Grow up. Or again, I think it's your game here. Take your ball and go home. :crying::crying:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Either you're playing a game or you're a complete idiot. Which one is it? I gave you the benefit of the doubt and think that you do what you do intentionally. It has nothing to do with being a liberal or conservative or whatever group you are criticizing at the moment.

Isn't it funny that you ignore any serious post or question I ask you, yet you claim I'm baiting you when I call you out for what you post. And posting something negative about Australia is #######, yet you do the same about the US in every post and that's ok. Grow up. Or again, I think it's your game here. Take your ball and go home. :crying::crying:

If you don't like what I post you can put me on your ignore list. There is no need to follow me around and attack everything I post. Hence, the you have no life argument.

If I report you for this, you will run to expats and cry about it and the mods. Grow up and seriously get a life. I have an excuse for being in this forum. What is yours? I sure as hell did not hang out in forums when I was back in AUS.

Edit: Is the text in red what you classify a serious question? :wacko:

Edited by Booyah!

If you don't like what I post you can put me on your ignore list. There is no need to follow me around and attack everything I post. Hence, the you have no life argument.

If I report you for this, you will run to expats and cry about it and the mods. Grow up and seriously get a life. I have an excuse for being in this forum. What is yours? I sure as hell did not hang out in forums when I was back in AUS.

Edit: Is the text in red what you classify a serious question? :wacko:

I'm not a #####, I don't have an ignore list. You can protect your manliness and report me if you like. So by hanging out here now means that you have no life here, but you did in Australia? So what is your excuse for being in this forum? To promote the superiority of Australian produce?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
U.S States, by the date of repeal of anti-miscegenation laws:

No laws passed = grey

Before 1887 = green

1948 to 1967 = yellow

12 June 1967 = red

500px-US_miscegenationsvg.png

This map matches almost exactly the demographics of African Americans. I know, my brother lives in Vermont and so I checked when I was thinking of moving back to the States and considered moving up there, that that state has about 1% African American population, while Louisiana has about 33% African American population.

I wanted my daughter to go to school, to church, to work side-by-side, to encounter in the supermarket, at the park, in traffic, have neighbors, play with and around, other people of African descent. I wanted her to experience African American culture. As beautiful as Vermont is, and as "tolerant" as it is, she would be the only Black kid around, and as much of the US, she would only know of the culture from TV, whereas in Louisiana and such states, she would be surrounded by African American culture.

Of course, where you have a larger percent of one ethnicity, you are going to see more tension.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

No laws passed = grey

Before 1887 = green

1948 to 1967 = yellow

12 June 1967 = red

This map matches almost exactly the demographics of African Americans. I know, my brother lives in Vermont and so I checked when I was thinking of moving back to the States and considered moving up there, that that state has about 1% African American population, while Louisiana has about 33% African American population.

I wanted my daughter to go to school, to church, to work side-by-side, to encounter in the supermarket, at the park, in traffic, have neighbors, play with and around, other people of African descent. I wanted her to experience African American culture. As beautiful as Vermont is, and as "tolerant" as it is, she would be the only Black kid around, and as much of the US, she would only know of the culture from TV, whereas in Louisiana and such states, she would be surrounded by African American culture.

Of course, where you have a larger percent of one ethnicity, you are going to see more tension.

America is a very diverse nation, with cultural differences that vary from locale to locale. As such, there is no one Black culture in the US, and there is a vast difference betwen African and AA perspectives of the US. People from Africa or the islands who don't have a family history in the US do not share the same perspectives as many people whose ancestors have been in the US for centuries. Black people from NY are not the same as AA people from Louisiana, nor are poor or working class Black people the same as rich, elite Black people.

Black people come in a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, perspectives, economic classes, and cultures even within the US. It is a media myth that there is a singular AA culture and living among Black people will make you part of that singular culture. Your daughter, growing up in Louisiana will be socialized as a Louisianan, and will have much in common culturally with Louisiana Blacks and Whites, not as much in common culturally with someone from Washington, DC or Oakland, where there are also many AA people.

No laws passed = grey

Before 1887 = green

1948 to 1967 = yellow

12 June 1967 = red

America is a very diverse nation, with cultural differences that vary from locale to locale. As such, there is no one Black culture in the US, and there is a vast difference betwen African and AA perspectives of the US. People from Africa or the islands who don't have a family history in the US do not share the same perspectives as many people whose ancestors have been in the US for centuries. Black people from NY are not the same as AA people from Louisiana, nor are poor or working class Black people the same as rich, elite Black people.

Black people come in a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, perspectives, economic classes, and cultures even within the US. It is a media myth that there is a singular AA culture and living among Black people will make you part of that singular culture. Your daughter, growing up in Louisiana will be socialized as a Louisianan, and will have much in common culturally with Louisiana Blacks and Whites, not as much in common culturally with someone from Washington, DC or Oakland, where there are also many AA people.

Serious question, do you think that this also applies to other ethnic groups? Even whites? I think that it does in some aspects.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

No laws passed = grey

Before 1887 = green

1948 to 1967 = yellow

12 June 1967 = red

Absolutely true. However, for her to experience any Black culture at all on a first hand basis, she would have to live in an inner city in most places outside of the South. In the South, we can live anywhere and still she can be part of both cultures. In a place like Vermont, she would be one of a kind unless we lived with the newly immigrant populations in Burlington, primarily refugees from Somalia. Even then, she would have been a rarety rather than the norm. I think that could have been detrimental to her self-esteem and/or sense of self.

My point was, though, that the reason you would see the sort of map above is because the red states are where you would have found the greatest likelihood of interracial (Black/White) relationships. I can only imagine the green and yellow states had any sort of anti-miscegenation laws because of the Native American populations, and possibly in the far West because of the Asian populations. (We're talking about laws that would have been instituted before 1897 or at least before 1927 according to the statistics of the map.) But again, in those states, the percentage of Native Americans and Asians were not nearly as high as the African American populations in the South. In a state like Vermont, you would have had to have a majority of rabid bigots indeed to institute any such law. The chances of an interracial relationship developing in that state would have been slim to none, so to write a law prohibiting marriage in the case of one would have been an exercise in purely racial politics and not wrong-headed social policy in reaction to actual incidents. In fact, the existence of the laws reflect a mixing of the races on the most basic level long before 1927 and the civil rights movement.

Also, these laws were only "effective" when they were applied. I grew up near a town in Louisiana that, while we weren't in the mailing district, was our parochial district. My church was FILLED with the product of GENERATIONS of interracial marriages. I would say that "pure" Whites and "pure" Blacks were the distinct minority in that town. Even so, that town, before the 60s, had a "White" church and a "Black" church.

Before moving home, I watched a video on MSN about being biracial in America. As a result, I worried about bringing my child to America. I agonized over it. Since being back in Louisiana, I've not received ANY negative reaction. It would be tiring for anyone who felt the need to express negative responses to biracial children here because, according to my experience at the supermarket, parks, church, etc., the percent of biracial children here is ENORMOUS. It is impossible for me not to be behind a parent with a biracial child in line at the check-out or any fast food place, etc. I'm about to go do my weekly shop now and I'll put money on it that I'll run into AT LEAST 10% biracial children while I'm at it. I'm referring to Black/White biracial children. There are others, of course, as well.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .