beatles

AOS Interview - Approved

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanted to share our interview experience last October 14, 2009, 1:15 pm.

We arrived at the interview office at exactly 1:15 because we had a hard time looking for a parking space. It took us 5 mins to finish the security check and was able to put my interview appointment in the tray at 120pm. Though we're late, we were called at 145 pm. There were a few couples and families at the waiting area at that time.

Our IO was very nice and friendly, made us feel at ease at the duration of the interview.

We sat down but he asked us to stand again to swear to tell the truth.

We were asked for IDs so we gave my husband's driver's license and I gave our passports as well. He also asked for the AP and EAD cards. He then continued by asking the yes/no questions in the application form. He askedif I have my husband's G325A because he said he didn't have it. I said I don't have a copy and that submitted it during the petition application. He asked again if it's not in my folder (he saw my huge file). I said no, I was planning to print it but I didn't (silly me).

And so we moved on ...

The documents he asked were:

(have copies of the original so they don't have to photocopy it; your IO will appreciate it) :thumbs:

1. marriage certificate - i gave him a copy after showing the original

2. divorce agreement

3. proof of living together - we gave our health insurance copies, sea world membership, phone bills (with just our numbers and explained that it didn't have my name on it), invoices of items ordered by me and my husband online (since we don't have bills with any of my name on it)

4. photos

5. bound scrapbook from our trips prior to getting married (he liked it a lot; he said he hasn't seen something like it before)

Questions he asked:

1. how did we meet

2. when did we first meet

3. how many times we've seen each other before the marriage

4. was it my first marriage and asked my husband the same

5. he also asked what my job was before and where do i plan to work here

6. he also asked my husband where he works

7. asked if we have any children

He then said that he'll check with his supervisor if it'll be ok that my husband didn't have his G325A. He said everything seems ok, though.

After a few minutes, he came back and explained to us about the conditional status and filled out the approval form and asked us to sign. He took the AP and gave me back the EAD because he said it has expiration date on it.

We thanked him and shook his hand afterwards. We were finished at 230pm.

Good luck to those who will have their interview soon. My advice is to make sure you have a copy of everything that you submitted and read all the interview experiences here. It'll help you a lot :)

Finally, it's over (at least for two years) It was a pleasant experience not only because the IO was nice but because we made sure that we have all the necessary documents. And I got all the tips from reading all the interview experiences of everyone here at VJ. So, THANKS A LOT TO ALL THOSE WHO SHARED THEIR EXPERIENCES. It helped me cover all the bases (except for the G325A of my husband hehehe, never read anything here that asked for the G325A during the interview).

:dance:

Edited by beatles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes.... enjoy the rest from USCIS for 2 years!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We arrived at the interview office at exactly 1:15 because we had a hard time looking for a parking space. It took us 5 mins to finish the security check and was able to put my interview appointment in the tray at 120pm. Though we're late, we were called at 145 pm. There were a few couples and families at the waiting area at that time.

Our IO was very nice and friendly, made us feel at ease at the duration of the interview.

We were asked for IDs so we gave my husband's driver's license and I gave our passports as well. He also asked for the AP and EAD cards. He then continued by asking the yes/no questions in the application form. He askedif I have my husband's G325A because he said he didn't have it. I said I don't have a copy and that submitted it during the petition application. He asked again if it's not in my folder (he saw my huge file). I said no, I was planning to print it but I didn't (silly me).

And so we moved on ...

(have copies of the original so they don't have to photocopy it; your IO will appreciate it) :thumbs:

2. divorce agreement

3. proof of living together - we gave our health insurance copies, sea world membership, phone bills (with just our numbers and explained that it didn't have my name on it), invoices of items ordered by me and my husband online (since we don't have bills with any of my name on it)

4. photos

5. bound scrapbook from our trips prior to getting married (he liked it a lot; he said he hasn't seen something like it before)

Questions he asked:

1. how did we meet

He then said that he'll check with his supervisor if it'll be ok that my husband didn't have his G325A. He said everything seems ok, though.

After a few minutes, he came back and explained to us about the conditional status and filled out the approval form and asked us to sign. He took the AP and gave me back the EAD because he said it has expiration date on it.

Good luck to those who will have their interview soon. My advice is to make sure you have a copy of everything that you submitted and read all the interview experiences here. It'll help you a lot :)

Finally, it's over (at least for two years) It was a pleasant experience not only because the IO was nice but because we made sure that we have all the necessary documents. And I got all the tips from reading all the interview experiences of everyone here at VJ. So, THANKS A LOT TO ALL THOSE WHO SHARED THEIR EXPERIENCES. It helped me cover all the bases (except for the G325A of my husband hehehe, never read anything here that asked for the G325A during the interview).

Happy for you guys

JNR

congrats

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And so we moved on ...

2. divorce agreement

4. photos

Questions he asked:

1. how did we meet

OUR TIMELINE...

129F sent --------------------- 10/10/08

129F NOA1 --------------------- 10/28/08

Approval of NOA2 -------------------- 01/14/09

NOA2 Hardcopy -------------------- 01/22/09

Recieved by NVC -------------------- 01/20/09

Left NVC -------------------- 01/22/09

Recieved by consulate ----------------- 01/25/09

Requested police clearance at JAPEM--- 01/28/09

Recieved letter from USEM ------------- 01/30/09

Medical at SLEC -------------- 02/25/09 (Good Lord pls help us pass with these journey)

Passed the my medical but my daughter was asked to have a repeat xray after 2 mos..huhuhu!

Interview at USEM (K1) --------------- 03/19/09

INTERVIEW PASSED!!!

Everyting about the future is uncertain but one thing is for sure,

God had already arranged all our tomorrows,

we just have to trust him as he leads..

http://www.glitterfy.com/]glitterfy081904187D36.gif

glitterfy092702866D36.gif

Our Daughter Cheska

glitterfy093147541D36.gif

Enough reason to be happy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.