Gary_UK

Need to leave the US after entry on K1 due to death in the family.

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I really hate it when someone starts something and leaves people hanging after they try so much to help.

I think the OP may have bigger issues to deal with right now... I am sure they will come back and let us all know what happened.

Think so? The issue was dealt with by now for sure. Now almost a week later.

Give the guy a break, he just moved countries, planned a wedding, had his mother die and is trying to balance his immigration and family issues. I'm sure he has a lot to deal with in a week.

Seriously, geez!!

Yeah, like either of you tried to help so much when the thread started nearly two weeks ago (when the OP said action was required the next day). :whistle:

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First of all my deepest appologies for the delays getting back to you all.

yes the last week and a half has been tough. Following my post I called my father and we had a long talk about what we can and cannot do in the time we had. Yes I took on board the assistance and suggestions from everyone and for that I am thankful.

The conversation was a very tough one indeed as it was my dad who found her when he had gone upstairs to wake her for her morning tea. My eldest brother and his wife were here in the USA as he was my best man, My other brother who was working in the UAE had immediatley flew to the UK to be with dad.

Both my father and brother agreed that it would be my mothers wishes to go ahead with the wedding and the honeymoon and following the sound advice given by so many in this thread, I decided to do just that and then on our return to attempt to expedite the AOS.

Our honeymoon was in a log cabin in the smokey mountains with no internet and little to no phone signal most of the time was both a blessing and a curse.

Well we arrived back home this evening to find that our local cable co have done a fantastic job of cutting us off so am on somones open wifi connection to see how I can begin and possibly expedite the AOS. and we will not be reconnected till thursday ! ( thank you mediacom ). So internet and communication is still an issue and will be for a while.

For those of you who asked my mom died of a heart failure. A combination of blood thinning drugs, painkillers and internal heamorage. I can at least take solace in the fact that she passed without pain. For now my focus is on getting the AOS done as quickly as possible. I have a scanned copy of the death certificate and hope that will help speed things up.

At least i can get to the UK to spend time with my father.

Thank you again all and will try and keep you updated

G

Gary - despite all the difficulties, it's very good to hear that you are surviving. My prayers that you will be able to return home as quickly as possible.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline
Gary - despite all the difficulties, it's very good to hear that you are surviving. My prayers that you will be able to return home as quickly as possible.

Thank you. & Thank you too for the heart warming messages from you all.

My (now) wife has been an absoloute rock through all of this. "through good times and bad" as our vows said are indeed

being put through their paces. I feel trully blessed indeed for having someone so special in my life.

And as always we are both grateful for the people of VJ who helped bring us through the k1 process to this stage.

OP, condolences to you.

You may wish to post your question about expedites to the Traveling and Working prior to Getting a Green Card forum and/or the AOS forum. Make sure you include your application for advance parole (AP) with your I-485 AOS package. Then make an InfoPass appointment to see about expediting the AP due to your mother's passing. I suspect you'll have better luck with that than with trying to expedite the AOS.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Other Timeline
OP, condolences to you.

You may wish to post your question about expedites to the Traveling and Working prior to Getting a Green Card forum and/or the AOS forum. Make sure you include your application for advance parole (AP) with your I-485 AOS package. Then make an InfoPass appointment to see about expediting the AP due to your mother's passing. I suspect you'll have better luck with that than with trying to expedite the AOS.

I concur with Stephen on this one.

Within a week or two of filing your I485, I765 and I131, you should have receipts for all three. I would suggest that as soon as you have these you make an Infopass appointment at your local office or support center.

I'm absolutely certain that if you take proof of your mother's passing to that appointment, they will grant you an expedited Advance Parole document on which you can travel.

Timeline

I will start on the paperwork tomorrow once we have some other matters taken care of as we are running around getting my wifes name changed on important papers and arranging SSN numbers with the local social security office.

I will grab my netbook and start filling in forms while we sit and wait.

On another point it turns out that the local BMV want me to sit a driving exam just as if i am a new learner ( been driving in the UK for 20+ years ) so much for the misconception that I would be able to just pick up an indiana driving license.

More red tape....

Do you guys have any idea as to how long it will take to get the infopass appointment once I apply for one? I appreciate that this may well be hit and miss at best, I just need a ball park idea so I can set my own expectations. ( and of course start window shopping for flights ).

Do you guys have any idea as to how long it will take to get the infopass appointment once I apply for one? I appreciate that this may well be hit and miss at best, I just need a ball park idea so I can set my own expectations. ( and of course start window shopping for flights ).

Ours was able to be within the next couple of days, we booked an appointment online. Good luck.

• 5 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Believe it or not this happened to my fiancé. He entered the USA on Sept. 1, 2014 and departed mid month of September. We received news his sister was dying of stage 4 lung cancer. He was able to be with her for 2 weeks after returning to Jamaica and passed away on Sept. 27, 2014. I emailed the Embassy and they responded he has an appointment in a week and a half. The email states he only needs to bring an intent to marry letter from both of us and the fee they require for his country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.