Bob and Liezl

interview documents question

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys-I am wondering how recent the cenomar has to be. Can it be any time within the current year or

does it have to be nearly new. I didn't see guidlines or a time frame for this in the interview instructions.

Thanks for the help!

So many of us...in this together. Pretty cool!

The general requirement is that she has it before the interview date.

From an immigration standpoint, and considering what visa you are applying for, ideally, it should be current...that way the USEM doesn't have any doubts about the applicant contracting marriage within such a short period.

The funny thing is, it takes about 3 weeks to get a CENOMAR (guys, correct me if I am wrong about this)...and 10 business days to get a marriage license...there's some room for doubt there. lol But very little.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess it's better to get a new one if you have enough time before the interview. It took me just a week to obtain a new CENOMAR. I went to NSO near MOA (Mall of Asia)...I want to avoid long line so I asked my dad as my representative to obtain my CENOMAR. Dad has a senior citizen ID so he did not have to fall in line, he was asked to go directly to the screening window. :)

Sdk4m8.png

4msavwlwa.png

AOS and EAD timeline:

January 20, 2010 - Sent AOS and EAD

January 22, 2010 - AOS and EAD received and signed for by CHYBA

January 28, 2010 - Check was cashed

February 2, 2010 - Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD

February 2, 2010 - Notice date biometrics appointment

February 5, 2010 - Received appointment notice

February 23, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

February 24, 2010 - Touch on AOS and EAD :)

March 12, 2010 - Received my interview letter for April 15, 2010 (dated March 9, 2010)

March 18, 2010 - EAD card production ordered

March 23, 2010 - 2nd e-mail (EAD card production ordered)

March 24, 2010 - 3rd e-mail (Approval notice for EAD sent)

March 27, 2010 - EAD received

April 15, 2010 - Interview (Approved)

April 23, 2010 - Card production ordered

April 28, 2010 - Card production ordered

May 3, 2010 - Received my green card! :)

ROC:

March 24, 2012 - Sent ROC packet :)

March 26, 2012 - I-751 packet received :)

March 29, 2012 - Check was cashed :)

March 30, 2012 - NOA1

April 27, 2012 - Received biometrics appointment.

May 23, 2012 - Biometrics Appointment - done :)

September 26, 2012 - ROC approved :)

Timeline

From an immigration standpoint, and considering what visa you are applying for, ideally, it should be current...that way the USEM doesn't have any doubts about the applicant contracting marriage within such a short period.

The funny thing is, it takes about 3 weeks to get a CENOMAR (guys, correct me if I am wrong about this)...and 10 business days to get a marriage license...there's some room for doubt there. lol But very little.

I live in QC, and got my CENOMAR from NSO located in East Avenue. It took me about 9 business days to get it. But actually, I took another one to make sure I got the latest, and I picked it up after 4 business days.

AOS timeline

05 Feb 2010 - Sent AOS package

08 Feb 2010 - Package arrived in the lockbox (confirmed through USPS) - received date

20 Feb 2010 - NOA1 AOS/EAD (hard copies) - notice date for both is 16 Feb 2010

27 Feb 2010 - Biometrics A. Letter Arrived (schedule: March 19)

10 Mar 2010 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics (schedule was: March 19)

10-11 Mar 2010 - two touches on both cases after my walk-in Biometrics

26 Mar 2010 - Received the notice in the mail requesting to appear in an interview

15 Apr 2010 - EAD Card production ordered notice received via email

16 Apr 2010 - EAD touched again

21 Apr 2010 - EAD touched (post-decision activity)

22 Apr 2010 - EAD touched

24 Apr 2010 - EAD card in the mail

28 Apr 2010 - Interview date --- approved =) / case touched

11 May 2010 - card production ordered

29 May 2010 - received green card in the mail

View my whole visa to aos timeline here

Timeline

Pam got her cemonar in 7 days ....that was with them being closed for a couple because of the flooding she was supposed to pic it up after 4 days

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline
You all are great. I really appreciate all the help!

Bob and Liezl

I noticed you never received your NOA2 hard copy. Neither did we!, got the e-mail approving us from USCIS , but no hard copy. Did you find out if this is going to be a problem at the interview?

Timeline
You all are great. I really appreciate all the help!

Bob and Liezl

I noticed you never received your NOA2 hard copy. Neither did we!, got the e-mail approving us from USCIS , but no hard copy. Did you find out if this is going to be a problem at the interview?

Trying to sort out this phase also. :wacko:

Mr.&Mrs.A, sorry to hear you have yet to receive your hardcopy NOA2. I read that it will be required later at AOS stage. For interview? :unsure: Maybe you'll get it Monday, hopefully... The NOA2 has the beneficiary's A# on it which you may need? BTW: today I received a hardcopy from NVC dated 10-15-09 saying they had received an approved I-129f petition from USCIS and will be forwarding on to USEM within one week. This document has the MNL# on it. On 10-15-09, NVC indicated by phone, the packet was sent to Manila on 10-14-09.

Bob and Liezl, RE the CENOMAR, a fresh copy is suggested many times but it is all sorta mixed opinions, 1 month, 3 months, or 6 months, even if it is valid for 1 year. :idea: We plan on a fresh one with purpose stated as U.S. Fiancee Visa or something similar. Best Wishes.

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

Timeline

Thanks Iris & Norman for the reply. Yes, I hope the NOA2 hard copy shows up next week, we would feel a lot better having it at interview. We have the e-mail uscis sent us stating we are approved, as to whether the USEM will accept that I don't know. As to your CENOMAR I read that the Embassy will not accept it from beneficiary anymore as they request their own copy. It is however recommended that you have one for yourself with you. I also read it should not be more then 3 months old. I hope this helps. Thanks again and we wish you the very best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.