ATexanandanAussie

I think they lost mine!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Now.. let me preface this by saying that I realize that a lot of you have been waiting longer...but, out of the 1956 applications that were received by the USCIS on September 2nd, ALL of the fiance visa petitions have either been approved or given an rfe...EXCEPT for ours!

We were touched on 9/08 for some reason. I am positive our file is in a pile hidden in the basement, or at somebody's house or just plain lost.

I am happy that I found this site and am happy for everyone who has been approved, but just KNOW that mine is lost.

:(

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Now.. let me preface this by saying that I realize that a lot of you have been waiting longer...but, out of the 1956 applications that were received by the USCIS on September 2nd, ALL of the fiance visa petitions have either been approved or given an rfe...EXCEPT for ours!

We were touched on 9/08 for some reason. I am positive our file is in a pile hidden in the basement, or at somebody's house or just plain lost.

I am happy that I found this site and am happy for everyone who has been approved, but just KNOW that mine is lost.

Don't panic yet! In looking at Igor's list, there were only 2 applications with NOA1 on September 2nd.. your's and the one 9/2 couple that has been approved. I didn't see any 9/2 applicants with RFE.. could only find two NOA1's for that date..maybe I missed one or two, but have looked at it so much today I am starting to see cross eyed... and they just started approving September dates yesterday... I'm sure everything is ok :thumbs: but I am betting that if yours is sitting on someone's couch, at home, mine is sitting right next to yours :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

How could you know all those others were approved? Currently it is taking the USCIS approximately 5 months to approve/rfe/deny petitions. Trust me, don't start stressing this early there is a lot more of that to come lol. At least you can see your touches on the file. I didn't get to see mine (like many others here) until right before it was approved. My NOA1 was dated 5/8 and I got my NOA2 dated 9/22, it didn't show up online until mid September. At one point when I called in and they advised me that my petition couldn't possibly be approved before December. I about died hearing that. Thank goodness they were wrong. Of course, now the NVC is holding onto my file for goodness knows how long for additional processing. I swear they are all out to torment us by making us wait....just kidding!

Welcome to the forums!

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm sure it's just fine. Look at some people that still filed few months before us and they are just now getting approved. Just sit back and have a drink. It's going to happen one day and it's going to be soon. Just have to think positive.

Not to dispute or challenge your numbers but I find it very difficult to believe that that many (if any) petitions submitted in September '09 are/have-been approved. Simply not par for the course. Unfortunately the typical waiting time is a bit more than 43 days (more like a hundred+ of days). The November potential adjudication date-range in your profile/timeline is more realistic but even what it is currently, would be under 90 days (a good thing if it works out that way).

Hang in there - this is (typically) the longest part of the journey... :thumbs:

Timeline
Not to dispute or challenge your numbers but I find it very difficult to believe that that many (if any) petitions submitted in September '09 are/have-been approved. Simply not par for the course.

Since yesterday, VSC has approved 8 September filers. The shortest wait was 20 days, with someone getting NOA1 on 9/24 ( not an expedited case)..and NOA2 on 10/14... but there were only two VSC filers with an NOA1 date of 9/2.

Edited by Jenn and Fuat

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

I waited 4 months for mine.

I wouldn't be panicking after one month.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Don't panic yet! In looking at Igor's list, there were only 2 applications with NOA1 on September 2nd.. your's and the one 9/2 couple that has been approved. I didn't see any 9/2 applicants with RFE.. could only find two NOA1's for that date..maybe I missed one or two, but have looked at it so much today I am starting to see cross eyed... and they just started approving September dates yesterday... I'm sure everything is ok :thumbs: but I am betting that if yours is sitting on someone's couch, at home, mine is sitting right next to yours :)

Thanks! My obsession goes beyond Igor's list though.. we have actually gone through the USCIS status site and gone.. EAC0923750001 (enter) - EAC0923751956 (enter) ... every single case. Call me crazy. I have had little sleep this week.

Thanks! My obsession goes beyond Igor's list though.. we have actually gone through the USCIS status site and gone.. EAC0923750001 (enter) - EAC0923751956 (enter) ... every single case. Call me crazy. I have had little sleep this week.

Welcome to the Compulsive Screen Refresher's Club... :star:

Timeline

EAC092375xxxx represents EVERYthing filed at the Vermont Processing Center on September 2nd. Keep in mind... Igor's list only represents people who have come to this website and signed up.

I understand a lot of people have been waiting many months. If it were me, I wouldn't be just upset.. I would be pissed.

Oh yes.. and YAY Texas!

Timeline
EAC092375xxxx represents EVERYthing filed at the Vermont Processing Center on September 2nd. Keep in mind... Igor's list only represents people who have come to this website and signed up.

I understand a lot of people have been waiting many months. If it were me, I wouldn't be just upset.. I would be pissed.

Oh yes.. and YAY Texas!

I would never have through to go through all the EAC numbers for the month. Too funny... I thought you were only looking at the VSC numbers on here and couldn't figure out where you were seeing so many other 9/2 filers. I hope I forget all about this, before my next day off, or I know I will end up sitting in front of the computer and trying it :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

Oh yes.. and YAY Texas!

I would never have through to go through all the EAC numbers for the month. Too funny... I thought you were only looking at the VSC numbers on here and couldn't figure out where you were seeing so many other 9/2 filers. I hope I forget all about this, before my next day off, or I know I will end up sitting in front of the computer and trying it :)

Hahaha, I hope you do too. It is so addictive! My fiance' was denied a student visa because when asked who he was going to live with, he told them his fiance. They scoffed at him (at the embassy) and told him that he needed to apply for a k-1. Since he was denied the student visa for that reason, he cannot get a visa waiver either and can't come to visit at all until this is resolved. I graduate in December and I really wanted him to be there. I can't go over there right now because I am out of vacation time at work and in school at night. So.. the uncertainty is just killing me. I need something I can control, so checking the numbers was almost therapeutic until I realized that we had seemingly been skipped. Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried to go through the EAC numbers back when we were waiting for our case information - USCIS locked me out after about 5 status updates that weren't my number. Maybe things have changed since then so that you can check more case status numbers but it was more frustrating than it was worth as the sequential numbers were not all K-1s but a variety of other types of applications mixed in. And I had to keep trying numbers, then getting locked out and then trying some more and getting locked out again. I wrote down the numbers of other K-1 filers around me and was able to check some of those on a regular basis - they were all approved before ours was :( . Anyway, good luck on getting your approval soon - we waited 6 1/2 months for our NOA2 back in 2004. We were convinced ours was sitting on someone's desk as a paperweight while they were off on holidays.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Oh yes.. and YAY Texas!

Hahaha, I hope you do too. It is so addictive! Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.