9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've only been working on this AOS package for an hour and I'm already about to tear my hair out.

Is it just me or does NOTHING fit in the updated G-325a? http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

I can't put in the full birthdates of my parents or get even half of my employer information in those tiny boxes. Should I just fill them in by hand? Is that acceptable?

Also, since Im here, on the i-485, in the box that says "current USCIS status", what should I write? I came to the US on a K1 Visa...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yup. It is a pain. Fill in what you can, and then use a bit of penmanship for the rest.

I think they are aware of the problem, but have not done anything to correct it as yet.

I've only been working on this AOS package for an hour and I'm already about to tear my hair out.

Is it just me or does NOTHING fit in the updated G-325a? http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

I can't put in the full birthdates of my parents or get even half of my employer information in those tiny boxes. Should I just fill them in by hand? Is that acceptable?

Also, since Im here, on the i-485, in the box that says "current USCIS status", what should I write? I came to the US on a K1 Visa...

Status is: K1 Visa applicant

I jujst printed it out and hand wrote it. I did mine back in July, and the updated form at that time required 4 COPIES, so make 4 copies of the 325 and sign them all.

Good luck

ps. if you are unsure what to fill out in certain lines, if you use the VJ keyword search option in the top left, you can virtually find the answer to any answer and column....I used it for my forms and wizzed throuh...

Good luck!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

For the Section where it asks about prior address' and employment information, I used microsoft excel and made a table and entered the data. On the sheet it self, I wrote "See attachment X" for each part.

I'd personally stick with the newer versions. Type what you can & handwrite the sections that won't fit, that's what we did.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

deleted

Edited by nurminen

October 3, 2009 - Married on K-1!

November 3, 2009 - AOS packet sent

December 10, 2009 - Biometrics

Request for Initial Evidence

February 2, 2009 - AP and EAD arrived

Case sent to California for processing

March 18, 2010 - AOS Approval!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You can use two digit years, when it gives you the error message just ignore it and go to the next field. OR, here is a novel concept among us oldsters...print it out blank, use an implement called a PEN (you can still buy them in antique shops) and fill it in by holding the pen in the hand you usually use for texting messages and making letter shaped movements with the tip of the pen on the paper! Use black or blue ink and print legibly.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.