thetreble

Ever see a fatality from an accident?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never saw what you did. Sorry, it sucks.

There was a drunk driver got on the highway the wrong way once, and I saw the cleanup from her head on collision @ 65mph... But it was all covered up cause it was nasty..

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I remember in HS my friend got hit by a car and died. We went to the site where it happened a day later to lay flowers and there was still blood on the road. That was hard.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Amanda,

Yes, you are probably in shock about it. I didn't even say anything directly to you yesterday, which was rather thoughtless of me. In writing I guess I just thought about that memory.

Anyway, this thread is way too gory for me to read anymore, but I just wanted to say i'm sorry that you saw that and that you, again, had such a rough morning this morning. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing and happy weekend.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks, Trailmix. I'm fine! I was just a little bemused yesterday..feeling kinda down, and not so much shocked.

This morning just happened to be coincidence again and it was actually a pedestrian that was hit by a tractor trailer as he ran across the highway. Not sure if he was mentally ill or why he would be doing that. It was more of a necessity for me to stay home due to traffic congestion.

Thanks every one for sharing your stories though.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

That is tough.

One morning on my drive to work , the roads were kind of icy. I was actually, going a little fast myself b/c I was running late for work, like usual, when a car blew past me. It was a couple miles down the road on a curve where the car lost control and rolled in the ditch. I was right behind. The car was upside down/ wheels still spinning and I stopped....and tried my best to not freak out, attempted to call 911 but was in a bad service area. As I was getting out of my vehicle - all I could think was that I was going to find someone dead. But as I was headed down the ditch there was a guy crawling out of the back window. Ended up he was alone, not hurt bad (wearing his seatbelt). Just a 16 year old kid that thought he could drive fearless. I was shock up, but it definetly made me slow down from now on, so what if I was late to work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, 2 winters ago I was on the bus and a man across the road ran out to try and catch said bus -- he was hit full on by oncoming traffic and he died.

We all saw the whole thing from the bus. It shocked me and I walked home the rest of the way -- about an hour in the cold. I was really, really upset to have seen someone get killed like that.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Once, about 7 years ago, I was going from Tampa to Orlando on I-4, a guy was swerving in and out of traffic and BAM, they got hit and thrown into the median and the car flipped... about 4 cars stopped and ran up to the car, the passenger (a girl about 20) was impaled in the chest and dead (lots of blood on the lower body, but the face was just cut up some from hitting something and her face was frozen kind of in shock! (a very haunting image), they guy driver, about 25?? was all bloody and his arm was about ripped off, one of the ladies who stopped was a nurse and I gave my shirt and another guy gave a jacket and she tried to stop the bleeding... I put his feet up on a piece of the bumper while the nurse and others tried to stop the bleeding and were around his head... It seemed like FOREVER until we heard the sirens (probably about 5 minutes) and the fire rescue arrived and they took over and backed everyone up...

Then the police arrived and started taking statements, they covered the lady with a white sheet and sped off with the driver in the fire rescue truck... He was breathing but unconscious when they took him... Not sure what ever happened to him... I like to think that he made it?

However I still get chills whenever I pass that part of the road and even just thinking about it!!! Makes me think twice everytime I approach an accident site...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I was working at a prison building a new cell block, We were on one side of the fence, but on the prisoner side of the fence, I saw a guy take a shank and put it in another guys carotid artery. Blood everywhere. About 40 feet away or so.

The guard later said it was over a radio that the guy who died alegedly stole. The guy who killed him was sent to a solitary max prison.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.