dutchmatt

How did you meet you fiance(e)?

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

i met my wife in a street market on a saturday afternoon in a small city in back country china (6 million chinese people - and about 40 resident foreigners). i was waiting for a friend to pick up lunch in a restaraunt, and she had a shop in the market. she was also a translator and part time tour guide, and thought that i had been lost by a tour group. astounded by her ability to speak english fluently, i invited her to dinner.

we met at 7 and talked till 2 in the morning about chinese philosophy and the chinese perception of world politics and world history. in the still of the night i gave her a ride home on the back board of my pedal bike. some barefooted lunatic ran alongside us as we passed the city park shouting jibberish and grinning. we decided later that he was an omen, validating our relationship - even a crazy man could see that we belonged together. we didn't figure that out for a few months. we were too busy just being friends.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

we were introduced by mutual friends while having dinner at a cultural center/restaurant in Ankara, Turkey...not very romantic i guess. we didn't like one another at first, but then met up again, and then we really hit it off...ended up traveling around TR together for a month until I had to go back to the US to go to work :( we met up after that and then we got married...and now it will be 2 years this November. Hopefully he will be here for our 2 year anniversary.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
i met my wife in a street market on a saturday afternoon in a small city in back country china (6 million chinese people - and about 40 resident foreigners). i was waiting for a friend to pick up lunch in a restaraunt, and she had a shop in the market. she was also a translator and part time tour guide, and thought that i had been lost by a tour group. astounded by her ability to speak english fluently, i invited her to dinner.

we met at 7 and talked till 2 in the morning about chinese philosophy and the chinese perception of world politics and world history. in the still of the night i gave her a ride home on the back board of my pedal bike. some barefooted lunatic ran alongside us as we passed the city park shouting jibberish and grinning. we decided later that he was an omen, validating our relationship - even a crazy man could see that we belonged together. we didn't figure that out for a few months. we were too busy just being friends.

That's really sweet.

Oh, and we met at a Commies for Christ meeting in Nuernberg.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh, and we met at a Commies for Christ meeting in Nuernberg.

i thought it woulda been a tree hugging festival.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

First I tried the JC Penny mailorder catalog, but they only sent me the underwear the gal of my choice was wearing.

Then I tried those mail order places for brides on the internet, they sent me a whole bunch of women, but I refused shipment until they sent me one I liked. I also paid extra for an extended warranty, the girl they sent me broke, but to my dismay, sent me a refurbished woman, so I returned that as well. That the end of that phase.

So I gave up on the internet, join a local singles club with a big party with over 500 single women, didn't take long to lear why they were all single. That was the end of that phase, so just gave up.

Got back to my work looking for sources of electronic parts, we do this worldwide to get the best price, have to, to stay in business. By a typograpical error on my part, got on a site my wife happened to be on, she started chatting with me, found her very interesting, and got her phone number. Waited a few days and decided to call her, she couldn't understand a word I was saying nor could I understand her, but just something special about her, can't explain that either. We grew very dependent on each other and after nine months of this, decided with had to meet, sent her a plane ticket.

Unusal relationship, she became my best friend with no physical relationship whatsoever, meeting her for the first time, could have gone either way, but was love at first site, both platonic and physical. Picked her up at O'Hare, and we drove back one hundred miles at a rest stop, it was the first time we kissed, pure magic. In that week we decided to get married and started our long Visa Journey that only took about 15 months, got married and have to say, we are living happily ever after.

Filed: Timeline
Waited a few days and decided to call her, she couldn't understand a word I was saying nor could I understand her, but just something special about her, can't explain that either. We grew very dependent on each other and after nine months of this, decided with had to meet, sent her a plane ticket.

That reminds me of that member who communicated solely with emoticons because she and her fiance didn't speak each other's language. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Met on a mutual interest group online. Were friends/acquaintances there for 2 years then I had computer problems one night, I IMed him as I knew he worked with computers, he helped solve the problem, we started talking via IM - then on the telephone - then in person - and the rest is history - and herstory. Ourstory.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

we first met by way of Nokia.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I was trying to fight some arakkoa in Shadowmoon Valley, with no sucess, then this pink elf friend of mine came on the back of a griffon and saved me. Since then the elf would always come and help me, and we grew curious about each other. We started talking more and more each day, until we fell in love and finally met personally as two human beigns on the real world. (yeah, we met while playing world of warcraft).

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I have always been curious how other people met their fiance(e). I meet mine in a swim-up bar in Mexico...pretty sweet... How about you guys?

---------------------

Ah, we were playing online in a fantasy game (player vs player) and he killed me off..

About a year later I finally started chatting to him after joining a guild with him in it and now we're engaged.