joy31

im confused

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there..

just wanna ask a few question.. about filling I-130.. my hubby file I-130 in uscis last may 1 2009 and he get the noa1 last may 7 2009.. do we need to file I-129f also?? because everytime i was reading the timeline of you guys filling I-130 you are sending I-129f also..my hubby call uscis and they didnt tell anything bout it.. maybe you guys can help us.. thanks and godbless all of us..;)

If your intent is to file for the K3 visa then you need to file the I-129F with the NOA1 from the I-130.

If you want to pursue a IR/CR1 instead of a K3 then you do not need to file the I-129F.

If it was up to me I would file the I-129F and then chose between the IR/CR1 and the K3 later.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from AOS forum to more appropriate K-3 forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I would not file the I-129F at this time. I was just approved for the I-130 and my NOA1 was March 24. So they are not that far away from processing May. Maybe another month or two, or even 3. But even if 3 months, the K-3 is running 5 months right now per USCIS. So it would not speed things up, and might even delay things. And then I-130 (CR-1) is a superior visa. There is no adjustment of status when you get to america, costs less, and gives you an immediate green card upon entry. So I would recommend just sitting back and waiting for the I-130 to be approved. Your already 2.5 months into the 5 months stated wait time for the I-130.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would not file the I-129F at this time. I was just approved for the I-130 and my NOA1 was March 24. So they are not that far away from processing May. Maybe another month or two, or even 3. But even if 3 months, the K-3 is running 5 months right now per USCIS. So it would not speed things up, and might even delay things. And then I-130 (CR-1) is a superior visa. There is no adjustment of status when you get to america, costs less, and gives you an immediate green card upon entry. So I would recommend just sitting back and waiting for the I-130 to be approved. Your already 2.5 months into the 5 months stated wait time for the I-130.

A strongly agree. Follow the CR1 visa path and guide and look at the CR1 timelines not the K3 timelines. K3 is a virtually obsolete visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

A strongly agree. Follow the CR1 visa path and guide and look at the CR1 timelines not the K3 timelines. K3 is a virtually obsolete visa.

In this case I would agree. You really need to send in the I-129F very soon after you get your NOA-1. There is a difference in wait times for an interview in Manila though. The wait for the CR-1 is around 155 days and the K3 is 45 days. When you take into account you will have more fees and work to do if you come in on a K3 I would stick with your I-130 (CR-1) visa. You might gain a little time but it really is not worth it at this point.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Agreed with the others. At this point, your current 130 will be "pulled out of line" for the CR1 and be placed at the back of the K3 "line". In essence, you will slow your 130 down at this point if you file the 129f after this much time has passed. They approve cr1's way faster at the service centers also. You will have a different process to follow once you get approved and your case goes to NVC, which takes longer than the k3...but the time will probably balance itself out if not go quicker since you only have 2-3 months more to wait for an approval on the 130.

Good Luck on whatever you choose.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.