HoneyandSonny

Why is saying goodbye so hard?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Iam trying to figure out an easy way to say goodbye.....Its so hard, I want to take him home with me but I can't. I can't leave him and Iam in tears everytime I think about it. How do you get through this? Iam leaving my heart on the otherside of the world with him. Please if anyone knows how to cope with this please let me know

January 2007: We met at work

December 2008: He proposed

July 4, 2009: Married

April 2010: Moved to Beirut, Lebanon

January 8, 2012: We welcomed our first child Luna Noelle to the world

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I ask the same thing every single time and each time is the same. I thought after 5 years it would get easier but I always cry like a baby at the airport. Inshallah our days of leaving and coming will be done soon.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

I never say "good bye" - I say "till we are together again..."

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wish I knew the answer to that. There was only one trip where I did not cry the 13 hour flight to Chicago. And that was only because I promised not to.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Ive traveled back and forth alot in the past 3.5yrs and each and every goodbye on both sides of the ocean i cry. Usually i am okay after i pass security and head toward my gate----then i talk to them on the phone before boarding and it starts all over again.

George and i have our issues but i know that each and every time i leave i will cry---this Sept will be no different.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awww it is awful and there is no easy way around. The night before I left Egypt my husband and I stayed up all night. Didn't get a wink of sleep. I thought that when I got to the airport I would have a total breakdown. Luckily, at the Cairo airport they wisk you into this entry hall (where hubby cannot go) and I didn't even have time for it to register. It is hard. Just remember it is a necessary step to start your new lives together. Good luck!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I never say "good bye" - I say "till we are together again..."

Yup, AbuS and I have never said goodbye to each other. It's always, see you later, etc etc etc.

While it is painful now, try to use your time and your energy for preparing things here for him. Learn to cook his favorite dishes, clear out space for him in the closet, scope out ESL classes, learn arabic to suprise him, there are a million things you can do.

Then enjoy your last days as a single lady, cuz when he gets here, there won't be the time to go out with the girlfriends as much anymore, or other things you enjoyed doing.

In the end, inshaAllah you will have many decades together. What is a year or 2 in the grand scheme of things?

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

It is such a heartwrenching situation. I had to leave my love 4x and each time got harder.

Re-adjusting to life in the states wasn't easy either having lived in a foreign country.

All I know is that life resumed pretty quickly to normal.

The hustle and bustle of our life here, work, family, friends will soon occupy your time.

It won't make you miss him less but it will bring some comfort to be around others, share your memories and pictures and make the time move along.

Nothing anyone can say will make you feel better.

Most of the time you think no one understands, but we all do.

May God give you both the strength you need to endure this waiting period and expedite the time until you see each other again.

(F)

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is why I decided to stay in Morocco and do DCF no matter how long it took. I could not leave Farid for the world, he is such a good, kind person to me. I know that eventually you will be together with your husband and I know God will give you the strength to carry on with your life without him for awhile, but remember he loves you as much as you love him and you will be together soon enough. I wish you the best always.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I cried both times I left Egypt, though the first time was definitely the worst. It was not as bad the second time because I knew I would be coming back again this summer... But when I leave this summer, I will leave knowing that I can't come visit again until the following summer, if his visa isn't approved. I think that will be the hardest part.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It was always very hard to leave. The first time I left I was on the bathroom floor of the airport throwing up. The last time my husband was the one watching me all pregnant knowing that he wouldn't know when he would see me or his unborn child. It's always hard, always. But the good thing is that you found a love that you feel this with the other person. You are going home to start your papers to start your new life. We always looked forward our next visit or our next step in our journey. Keep your faith, keep your chin up and keep in close contact and God willing, you will get through this. Best of luck dear.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On the trip home, start making plans for how to prepare home for new husband, and what it is you need to accompish before he arrives in the states!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It was hard... I cried the last two days John was here knowing he had to leave in hours... In the airport I was crying then smiling recalling the moments we had together then laughing trying not to cry then crying again... We don't say "good-bye" we say: "I love you" that is always the last thing we say... Just recalling these minutes made me miss him more :( It's been 4 months and 1 day since I last saw him :(

It will be hard any way.. Just know in your heart that you will be reunited again soon and it will make your relationship and marriage stronger.. I really pray that these moments pass as easy as possible for you and you get to be together in no time (F)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I don't think there is anything you can do to ease the pain of that moment of walking through the gate away from him- just know it will come and that you will live through it and you will be together again soon.

I love the advice of keeping yourself busy with things once you are back- learning how to speak the language, cook his fav dish, clearing out places for him.. as this keeps you hopeful for the near future. Knowing that his things will be in that drawer soon (insha'Allah) keeps me going. It is such a helpless feeling not being able to do anything but wait and this gives me a chance to do something... a small comfort. Another comfort is keeping up on VJ- on days when I am feeling lonely, depressed and sorry-for-myself, I come here and get inspired. There is something about knowing others are in the same boat as you that is comforting. (although please know that I wish none of us were in this boat!)

Savor every moment that you have- You will relive those moments over and over again in the coming weeks.

ah. the longing....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Iam trying to figure out an easy way to say goodbye.....Its so hard, I want to take him home with me but I can't. I can't leave him and Iam in tears everytime I think about it. How do you get through this? Iam leaving my heart on the otherside of the world with him. Please if anyone knows how to cope with this please let me know

thinking that u met the love of ur life and the happines of that may help,, and thinking that u will see him again after this whole process and life happily ever after,,, have the faith that u will end the process very soon and just listen to ur heart,,,

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife,.,, a whole year and 3 month,,, a very hard time if that is gonna help,, but i had the faith that this is my love and i am gonna fight for.... have faith in ur love and be in a daily connection with ur hubby.

good luck with ur journey

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.