Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

AOS Documents for K2 Child

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia

My K1 wife has already gone through AOS and has her green card. We are now bringing her daughter here on a K2 visa. All the guidelines about what documents to submit with an AOS application are good for a K1 applicant and K1 with K2, but are somewhat lacking for a separate K2 AOS application.

What documents should be sent for the K2 AOS applicant?

One specific question we have is that we had to provide a certified translation for the K2 US Embassy interview of a letter from my step-daughter's father giving permission for her to move to the US. Will a certified translation of that letter be required for the AOS application or interview, or will a copy of it suffice? The US Embassy kept the original certified translation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...