Adrian+Mike

i-129f photo originals?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys,

We are currently assembling our i-129f package but we're slightly confused as to the photo 'originals' they want when it comes to the interview. As all our photo's are digital when they say originals do they want the actual memory card or what?

Thanks!

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I think you might be confusing 'photo-copies' with 'photos.' There isn't any mention of original photos for the interview.

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi guys,

We are currently assembling our i-129f package but we're slightly confused as to the photo 'originals' they want when it comes to the interview. As all our photo's are digital when they say originals do they want the actual memory card or what?

Thanks!

They don't accept electronic media of any kind. Their computers probably couldn't even read them. :blush:

Generally, when they say "originals" they mean they don't want photocopies. Just get your digital photos printed on photo paper and you'll be fine. Also, don't bother to put them in a photo album. Most consulates won't accept anything in a binder because they can't be passed through the curved slot under the window.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi guys,

Thanks!

They don't accept electronic media of any kind. Their computers probably couldn't even read them. :blush:

Generally, when they say "originals" they mean they don't want photocopies. Just get your digital photos printed on photo paper and you'll be fine. Also, don't bother to put them in a photo album. Most consulates won't accept anything in a binder because they can't be passed through the curved slot under the window.

Great thanks! We were thinking along the lines of getting them done on photo paper but we wern't certain. We were just a bit baffled as the guide said they wanted 'originals' of everything, so by that we assumed the photo's as well, and being on a memory card we had no idea what they ment!

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Great thanks! We were thinking along the lines of getting them done on photo paper but we wern't certain. We were just a bit baffled as the guide said they wanted 'originals' of everything, so by that we assumed the photo's as well, and being on a memory card we had no idea what they ment!

Most of the "originals" the guide says you should have won't even be asked for at the consulate. However, they could be, so you need to be sure you bring them. For example, if you submitted a copy of a birth certificate with the I-129F that was blurry or difficult to read then the consular officer might ask to see the original document. Another reason they may ask for an original document is if they suspect the copy you submitted with the I-129F was 'doctored' in any way.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.