2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

My temporarly green card will expire in October 2009. I have to mail my paperwork in 2 weeks.

At the time I filed the paperwork on my maiden name, I would like to change my name to my husband's name. When can I change my name?

Do I need to go to the Security Office first and wait for my new security card? Will I get my card in time? Can I still do it before filing in my paperwork for my new green card or is it to late and is it best to keep my maiden name?

I am worried to get problems. I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks Patty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

My temporarly green card will expire in October 2009. I have to mail my paperwork in 2 weeks.

At the time I filed the paperwork on my maiden name, I would like to change my name to my husband's name. When can I change my name?

Do I need to go to the Security Office first and wait for my new security card? Will I get my card in time? Can I still do it before filing in my paperwork for my new green card or is it to late and is it best to keep my maiden name?

I am worried to get problems. I hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks Patty

:time: So we can better help you!

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.