still2gthr21

CSPA Clarification

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My dad was petitioned by her sister February 1987 Under F4 Category.

By that time I was 3 years old. Last year (2008) our case became current, by that time I am 25 years old.

I emailed the NVC regarding my status as a beneficiary derivative (my dad being the principal beneficiary). I asked NVC if I can qualify for CSPA and state my case, using the CSPA calculator. I emailed all the information I gather because I believe that I am qualified/entitle as a beneficiary derivative even if I am classified 25 years old/over age. The NVC responded that they forwarded my email to US Embassy Manila for consular review. And after a month (August 2008) the US Embassy denied my request to qualify at CSPA.

While my dad, mom and sister received their visa Last week. My question is can I still request the US Embassy Manila to further review my status even though they send a letter stating that I am not qualified without stating any grounds or explanation why I was denied? Is it all right if I write to the embassy to further review my status? What else can I do to? Can I still appeal to the embassy even though my parents visa was released?

Please help me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from "Immigration News" forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
My dad was petitioned by her sister February 1987 Under F4 Category.

By that time I was 3 years old. Last year (2008) our case became current, by that time I am 25 years old.

I emailed the NVC regarding my status as a beneficiary derivative (my dad being the principal beneficiary). I asked NVC if I can qualify for CSPA and state my case, using the CSPA calculator. I emailed all the information I gather because I believe that I am qualified/entitle as a beneficiary derivative even if I am classified 25 years old/over age. The NVC responded that they forwarded my email to US Embassy Manila for consular review. And after a month (August 2008) the US Embassy denied my request to qualify at CSPA.

While my dad, mom and sister received their visa Last week. My question is can I still request the US Embassy Manila to further review my status even though they send a letter stating that I am not qualified without stating any grounds or explanation why I was denied? Is it all right if I write to the embassy to further review my status? What else can I do to? Can I still appeal to the embassy even though my parents visa was released?

Please help me.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

we have the same situation but i have not taken any actions yet... My dads F4 petition is also 1987 febuary first week and i'm already 26... i was hoping to find someone that shows that they were approve by the CSPA but how unlucky i am to find someone who have my very exact situation not being approve... Is this where i should start loosing hope?

if you have updates still2gthr21 please send me an email... sir_rapses@hotmail.com and if i have some info i can also try to send you a message seems no one can help us unless we do something... :(

Edited by sirrapses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.