vietazn

Requirement of meeting face-to-face at least once

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For HCMC it is much better if you have made more that one trip. You should have a dam hoi/dinh hon also.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

For HCMC it is much better if you have made more that one trip. You should have a dam hoi/dinh hon also.

I did the Le Dinh Hon when I was over there. Did they ask or request information about visiting more than once? By the way, was any part of the interview in English?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I did the Le Dinh Hon when I was over there. Did they ask or request information about visiting more than once? By the way, was any part of the interview in English?

the more trips the better, English can be done in either Vietnamese or English...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You really should ask these questions in the Asia: East and Pacific regional forum. That's where all the VN folks hang out. In fact, you should read through the threads in that forum. It's an eye opener.

The fact that you spent a month there is good. The fact that you met for the first time and had a formal engagement ceremony in that same month is not so good. That goes against cultural norms in Vietnam.

They'll conduct the interview in English or Vietnamese, but if you don't speak Tiếng Việt then they will expect her to speak at least some English.

Here are some things that will cause the consulate in HCM to look more closely at your case:

1. Only one or two visits.

2. Short period of time between first meeting and proposal.

3. No formal engagement ceremony, or short period of time between proposal and formal engagement ceremony.

4. Introduced by a member of beneficiary's family in the US.

5. Trips funded, fully or partially, by beneficiary's family member(s) in the US.

6. No common language.

7. Petitioner has insufficient income and requires a co-sponsor. This is almost certain to result in a denial. HCM rarely accepts co-sponsors.

8. Recent divorce by petitioner or beneficiary.

9. Large age difference between petitioner and beneficiary. Again, goes against local customs.

There are probably more that I'm not recalling at the moment. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Should there be a problem if I have only met my fiance on only one trip overseas? Spent a month with her overseas already, but some advisors are recommending that I take another trip...

Beyond meeting the visa requirements, maybe you should actually invest some more time in your relationship before taking up USCIS's time (that they could be spending processing people's paperwork who have actual relationships).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Should there be a problem if I have only met my fiance on only one trip overseas? Spent a month with her overseas already, but some advisors are recommending that I take another trip...

Beyond meeting the visa requirements, maybe you should actually invest some more time in your relationship before taking up USCIS's time (that they could be spending processing people's paperwork who have actual relationships).

Idle, random comments do not add anything to the conversation.

Spend some time in the Asia East Regional forum to get a sense of the HCMC norms. This seems to be one of the tougher consulates due to years of fraud and corruption.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

More trips are needed as is more reading in The local discussions..

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Idle, random comments do not add anything to the conversation.

Spend some time in the Asia East Regional forum to get a sense of the HCMC norms. This seems to be one of the tougher consulates due to years of fraud and corruption.

Nice adjectives, but actually my comment was quite serious and topical - people, such as the OP, should think long and hard about their decision to move forward with this sort of thing as it does, in fact, have repercussions on the lives of everyone else trying to go through the process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the more trips the better, English can be done in either Vietnamese or English...

I think English is only done in English... :)

The interview can be done in either Vietnamese or English...

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You really should ask these questions in the Asia: East and Pacific regional forum. That's where all the VN folks hang out. In fact, you should read through the threads in that forum. It's an eye opener.

The fact that you spent a month there is good. The fact that you met for the first time and had a formal engagement ceremony in that same month is not so good. That goes against cultural norms in Vietnam.

They'll conduct the interview in English or Vietnamese, but if you don't speak Tiếng Việt then they will expect her to speak at least some English.

Here are some things that will cause the consulate in HCM to look more closely at your case:

1. Only one or two visits.

2. Short period of time between first meeting and proposal.

3. No formal engagement ceremony, or short period of time between proposal and formal engagement ceremony.

4. Introduced by a member of beneficiary's family in the US.

5. Trips funded, fully or partially, by beneficiary's family member(s) in the US.

6. No common language.

7. Petitioner has insufficient income and requires a co-sponsor. This is almost certain to result in a denial. HCM rarely accepts co-sponsors.

8. Recent divorce by petitioner or beneficiary.

9. Large age difference between petitioner and beneficiary. Again, goes against local customs.

There are probably more that I'm not recalling at the moment. :blush:

It is against Viet cultures if you live with your fiance without Dam Hoi from the very first time. Lots of prejudices! Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.