Amby

what's your favorite comfort food?

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
OMG...what a thread. It did give me ideas though...oatmeal with brown sugar, grilled cheese and tomato soup, macaroni and cheese (NOT KD)...all of these have been said. I'm sure there is a theme here. Something that's high in calories usually means "comfort" doesn't it? I also wonder if "comfort food" is different for men vs women?

yeah comfort food is typically something really high in calories that "comforts" you

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
What's more comforting than nachos? All that hot cheese, spicy jalapenos, salty chips. It's the food equivalent of walking into a warm hug that tells you "everything's gonna be okay now"

...or buttered popcorn when watching a movie.

OMG...what a thread. It did give me ideas though...oatmeal with brown sugar, grilled cheese and tomato soup, macaroni and cheese (NOT KD)...all of these have been said. I'm sure there is a theme here. Something that's high in calories usually means "comfort" doesn't it? I also wonder if "comfort food" is different for men vs women?

yeah comfort food is typically something really high in calories that "comforts" you

what about the infamous cockmeat sandwich? (bolonga)

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Scrambled egges, white rice, & black beans.

Throw in an avocado salad & i will marry you.

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Chips

Popcorn

Ice cream

Cheeseburgers

Pizza

Poutine

Kraft Dinner

Hot dogs with Chili

:)

PS This is the very short version of this list.

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

How could I forget bacon???

You know why? Save for a few of the items on my list, most of those things include bacon.

:)

Regular bacon, peameal bacon.... you name it.

Okay... I'm done. I need a lot of comforting, okay? ;)

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cake.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

This thread made me hungry -- ate my lunch already. Not comfort food -- healthy and light. But all I want is an all dressed cheeseburger with choux croute and a poutine.

:(

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Carbonara is one of my favorite comfort foods. I very rarely eat it since it's so high in fat and calories. I started writing about it on the food blog and it made me wonder what other peeps fav comfort foods are??

Cheeseburger or some times steak.