Cowboytlup

Married to foreign national, What papers needed for her?

11 posts in this topic

What is the purpose of your trip? To immigrate or to visit?

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Timeline
You guys live in Mexico, right? Couple of questions:

1.- What type of visa do YOU have that allows you to live in Mexico? If you have an immigration category equal to resident, you guys can file from there.

:guides:

Yes we live in Mexico, I have a FM3 just renued in May, that states we are married and I live here with my wife.

We have twins that are 8 months old, just recently have their US Citizenship and Passports.

What do we file? and do we file at the US Consulate?

Thanks Cowboytlup

If you want to only visit then there is no point in applying for an immigrant visa

Start here: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yup --- a visito's visa is in order then. However, make sure you have ALL the required documents. It is not easy for Mexican nationals -specially those married to USCs- to obtain a tourist visa.

Have to agree with this, and another person's situation just reminded me.... cowboy, your wife should provide ample evidence that YOU live full time in Mexico and with the appropriate residencia. That will help overcome some of the difficulty Mexicans have getting tourist visas.

You can apply at your local consulate for that one; you don't have to go to CDJ.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline
Yup --- a visito's visa is in order then. However, make sure you have ALL the required documents. It is not easy for Mexican nationals -specially those married to USCs- to obtain a tourist visa.

Have to agree with this, and another person's situation just reminded me.... cowboy, your wife should provide ample evidence that YOU live full time in Mexico and with the appropriate residencia. That will help overcome some of the difficulty Mexicans have getting tourist visas.

You can apply at your local consulate for that one; you don't have to go to CDJ.

My wife has a 5 year visa that just expired in January 09. I know this can be renued, but a friend of mine married a Mexican national, she had a 10 year visa, they got married in mexico and upon attempting to cross the border in car, they informed the US customs person they had just got married and showed the marriage license, her visa was immediately revoked, and told they would have to file papers for an adjustment of status.

I DO NOT want to attempt to travel with something that will cause problems with the 8 month old twins.

We have traveled twice using her visa, first time was to Las Vegas, Nevada where we got married, the second time was when we went to Arkansas to see my sister.

Maybe the renual visa can state Maria Jose is married to me?

Really getting flustered, only want to do the right thing here. Merida Mexico consulate is where we got the twins Citizenship through birth abroad, along with their US passports. Who or what department at the Merida Consulate can I talk to for this?

Cowboy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.