8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I'm needing some advise on my wife's Police certificate. She went down to DAS today in Colombia. She has this petty theft fgrom 6 years ago with a friend. She was not taken to jail but written some citation. The police came and questioned her and the friend. This was six years ago. Now it's on the Police certificate. What is the next step here when presenting this Police certificate. The man at the DAS said if she paid something they could take it off and then present the certificate. ADVISE would be greatly helpful.

shane

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Submt the police certificate the way it is, and if necessary explain the citation at the interview.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline
Look I'm not asking about5 a bribe. I'm asking what do I need to do next for my wife. The man at DAS said if she paid some fine it would be removed according to this man.

#######?????????? then word your posts properly --- you made no mention of a fine in your original post. sheesh.

Relax guys! Len is right, you did not mention fine on the original post that is why he/she assumed bribery. Anyway, I would suggest to present the original certificate then just explain further during the interview. Though we have to accept that this might be a risk in your application.

In my case, someone used my name for some debts and I have to pay for all of that cause it is under my name. I know this might be a risk but hopefully not.

I-130 Journey:

05-28-09: Sent the I-130 Package

06-02-09: Chicago Lockbox received the package

06-08-09: CSC received the package

06-13-09: NOA1 received

10-19-09: Hubby's second visit in the Philippines

11-10-09: Hubby's flight back to USA

11-13-09: Approval notice sent via SMS and email

NVC Journey:

11-19-09: Case number assigned

11-30-09: AOS bill and DS 3032 from NVC received

12-01-09: DS-3032 returned via email

12-03-09: DS-3032 hardcopy sent via FEDEX

12-05-09: Paid AOS BILL

12-07-09: DS 3032 hardcopy received by J. Desmond

12-15-09: IV BILL generated

12-19-09: Paid IV BILL

12-22-09: Sent AOS package

12-23-09: AOS package received by J. Desmond

12-23-09: DS 230 package sent

12-24-09: DS 230 received by ------

12-29-09: per AVR, NVC received the documents and under review

01-07-10: Sign in Failed and Case Completed

01-11-10: Interview assigned

01-14-10: First day of Medical Exam

01-15-10: Second Day of Medical Exam (Passed with Abbie) YAY!!!

02-15-10: Hubby will be here @ 5:25 AM!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: FEBRUARY 16, 2010 @ 8:30am

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It was some theft at a store. My wife and her cousin. this was about 6 years ago. She had a outstanding fine to pay. Now the case will be closed. the DAS told her to go do this before issuing her a police clearance. Now if this is on the Police certificate what do we need to do? Is this something they address in the interview? She paid the fine today. She is waiting on some letter saying it's paid to turn into DAS to get the certificate for police clearance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.