transformer

please tell me a way to get a job

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Scandal....someone needs to smack you. It's the internet - get over it.

Monkey spank! Monkey spank! Let's play! Let's play! :lol:

:secret: I think you have a problem with your reading comprehension skills fella... but please do play again!

No no, my reading comprehension skills are fine. You're a bully with too much time on their hands. If this guy pissed you off much way would you sit there and type out an effing novel as a reply? Get a life and please, no more pictures of your fiancee - that might be a violation of the TOS.

And just why are you bothering to reply to me?

You are calling me a bully. And if I read you right, you are insulting my fiancee who is not part of this discussion at all. You want to taunt me, go right ahead. But impugn the honor of my betrothed and that's a whole 'nuther category of warfare dude, one that I will not treat lightly. Humorous monkey cartoons are not a TOS violation. Personal attacks against my fiancee most certainly are.

I don't know you, haven't picked a fight with you, haven't called you any names. Yet you insist on calling me out. Hmm. Too much time on hands you say? Pot calling kettle black syndrome perhaps? Fella, you don't know the first frickin thing about me or my time management skills.

Did you by chance see the commentary I left for OP?

Yeah, this bit:

since you have a high school education and no college or work experience, that does help focus the kind of advice to give you. For technology professionals, I would recommend dice.com as a good starting point. But dice.com would not be helpful to you. You can try monster.com as others have suggested, the online version of your local newspapers, or also craigslist.com.

The thing you should keep in mind with any online job searching tool is that the odds of getting any success on a position are pretty low. Many positions advertised are already filled internally, many are posted just to comply with regulations that a job be externally posted. For those that are legitimate, expect to be competing with hundreds of applicants. If you have no special experience or skills, it is hard to stand above the crowd. Work on your resume, highlight any strengths you think make you special.

Use the online tools as a way to network and find out which companies are out there, types of positions available, locate recruiters, etc. What I used to do when searching was find companies that were posting on dice or careerbuilder, then look up their corporate websites and find all their available positions, and try to get in touch directly with their HR orgs or ideally a hiring manager. Sometimes you get lucky and can get a direct email address to a hiring manager that way. Job searching is real work, hard work. Don't expect to get a job just waiting for it to drop in your lap.

Let's see you post something directly targeted and helpful to OP's question, or are you content to just sit around and play pattycake with me like a little whiner who has nothing of substance to add.

Get a life. Or go play in traffic. Your choice.

Money pics = TOS violation...see the section on copyright laws

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you have to start off in fast food until you can get something better I would do that. Further your education if at all possible, at your local community college. I would not pay any mind to anybody that has ignorant things to say to you. It's been my observation that whenever someone from MENA ask a question, you get all kinds of rude and evil comments. Be encouraged and may the blessings of ALLAH be with you, and all those that gave you good advice.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
If you have to start off in fast food until you can get something better I would do that. Further your education if at all possible, at your local community college. I would not pay any mind to anybody that has ignorant things to say to you. It's been my observation that whenever someone from MENA ask a question, you get all kinds of rude and evil comments. Be encouraged and may the blessings of ALLAH be with you, and all those that gave you good advice.

I havent found that at all to be true.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Either you are an butocks kisser or you are in complete denial. I refuse to pretend that somehting that I see happening quite often on this site doesn't.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Either you are an butocks kisser or you are in complete denial. I refuse to pretend that somehting that I see happening quite often on this site doesn't.

####### how can you say something like that? Now you are trying to stir the pot stating when someone from MENA posts Scandal goes to town on them? I think you need to look at scandals posts. he picks on everyone :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

listen, if you go out into the world on the defensive and expecting bad treatment, you come off as bitter and people tend not to warm up to that. So, if you feel like EVERYTIME a MENA poster starts a thread or asks a question people are "evil and rude"...your perception may need adjusting. who's butt would i be kissing exactly? I suggest you cheer up a bit and step out of the victim role and enjoy the world.

Are there people on vj who have a problem with mena? have i experienced it myself? sure... but "everytime"? youre way off base.

PS- paki is NOT MENA btw

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

####### how can you say something like that? Now you are trying to stir the pot stating when someone from MENA posts Scandal goes to town on them? I think you need to look at scandals posts. he picks on everyone :)

:yes: especially sheep!

63BlackSheepDM_468x290jpg.jpg

And yes, I do agree that the name calling on Sister Lisa was uncalled for. She simply stated her opinion (I haven't found..). Agree or don't agree- whatever. What's with all the name calling going on around here? Sheesh. This thread is getting ready to eat its young.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:yes: especially sheep!

63BlackSheepDM_468x290jpg.jpg

UH OH don't let spooky hear you :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Other Timeline
My Photos

QUOTE (MENAFORLIFE @ Jul 13 2009, 08:46 PM)

QUOTE (Y's_habibitk @ Jul 13 2009, 08:39 PM)

QUOTE (MENAFORLIFE @ Jul 13 2009, 08:26 PM)

listen, if you go out into the world on the defensive and expecting bad treatment, you come off as bitter and people tend not to warm up to that. So, if you feel like EVERYTIME a MENA poster starts a thread or asks a question people are "evil and rude"...your perception may need adjusting. who's butt would i be kissing exactly? I suggest you cheer up a bit and step out of the victim role and enjoy the world.

Are there people on vj who have a problem with mena? have i experienced it myself? sure... but "everytime"? youre way off base.

PS- paki is NOT MENA btw

Just ignore those rude people who likes to stir the pot. they will enjoy if you give them the attention. :innocent:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Enough! You people don't know how to behave. You were asked not to post unless you have something helpful to the OP and instead of complying, you start pickering among yourselves. This is not the OT forum and such behaviour will not be tolerated here. I am closing this thread now.

If the OP wishes to start another thread asking for further information about where he may look for work, he may do so. He may decide that he has received enough leads to follow already, though, from those who chose to be helpful.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.