9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi VJ memers

I received a letter (for my husband) from USCIS for an Interview on Sep 15th (for AOS) and its says there that if you don't speak English to bring an interpeter with you..... well my husband doesn't speak English but I do speak English fluently and I was wondering can I just come along with him and interpeter for him?? or do we have to get an interpeter seperately for him?? and what kind of interpeter can we get? can my sister come and interpeter??

Please Help, I'm worried :(

7-22-2008 Sent I129F to CSC

7-31-2008 NOA1

12-8-2008 checked case status online.. APPROVED!!!

12-12-2008 received hard copy NOA2 !!!!!

12-17-2008 received NVC Case # !!!!!

1-5-2009 received Packet 3!!!!!

1-22-2009 Interview Date!!!!! Please pray for us!

2-5-2009 US here we come :)

4-19-2009 Wedding Day!!!

AOS

6-4-2009 AOS Filed!!!

6-25-2009 Fingerprints appt!!!

7-9-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-14-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-15-2009 email: "Approval Notice Sent"

7-17-2009 EAD Card received

9-15-2009 AOS Interview

7y3zfuchf.png

Hi VJ memers

I received a letter (for my husband) from USCIS for an Interview on Sep 15th (for AOS) and its says there that if you don't speak English to bring an interpeter with you..... well my husband doesn't speak English but I do speak English fluently and I was wondering can I just come along with him and interpeter for him?? or do we have to get an interpeter seperately for him?? and what kind of interpeter can we get? can my sister come and interpeter??

I think you are ok to just go with him, assuming they just want to communicate and not test the relationship. Call or email the field office and ask them.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi VJ memers

He will not need an interpreter. Everyone at the consulate speaks fluent Russian, Ukrainian and English, he can choose which language he wants the interview in.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hi VJ memers

He will not need an interpreter. Everyone at the consulate speaks fluent Russian, Ukrainian and English, he can choose which language he wants the interview in.

You mean it is not a MUST to speak English at the interview?

EXAMINE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO BE IMPOSSIBLE, THEN CHANGE YOUR BELIEF !!!

Our Timeline

AOS

03/31/2010 AOS packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/28/2010 Welcome to America Letter in Mail Box :-)

05/26/2012 ROC packet sent to California.

Hi VJ memers

Looks like they are talking about an AOS interview in the States, not an interview at the consulate...

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
Hi VJ memers

Congratulations on receiving your interview letter already.Its adviceable to bring your interpreter .I read somewhere here that a spouse interpreting for another is usually considered as answering questions for he or she.If you can find someone ,i will go for it.

What supporting documentations did they asked you to bring,if i may ask?

Goodluck ,

S

01/28/2009==K1 interview/approved

01/30/2009==entered USA

04/24/2009==Grand Canyon wedding

Late May==AOS package sent

08/28/2009==interview/approved

09/02/2009==Card production ordered

09/08/2009==Greencard received

Removal Of Conditions

Sent package 6/16/2011

NOA 6/24/2011

Bio appointment 7/13/2011 SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR FOR CITIZENSHIP

Approval date 9/13/2011

Card received 9/18/2011

Mezoh/Randy

Please note it was two years since I went through the process but I am fairly sure the interview does have to be conducted in English and that a translator IS required if he cannot speak English clearly.

In addition I seem to remember from the interview notice that it CANNOT be a) you or B) a family member. It does not have to be an official translator but I think it does has to be someone not related to either of you.

I stand to be corrected.

Paul

AOS Application

AOS posted 5/30/2007

AOS arrived in Chicago 6/1/2007

NOA1 rcvd 6/11/2007, dated 6/6/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/10/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/11/2007

Rcvd AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. letter 6/19/2007

I130/EAD/AP touched 6/24/2007

AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/9/2007

AP touched 8/14/2007

AP touched 8/15/2007

AP touched 8/16/2007

EAD approved 8/20 EAD Approved

Rcvd AP in post 8/22/2007 AP Approved

AOS Interview 9/26/2007

AOS Approved 9/26/2007

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence

I-751 mailed 07/06/09

I-751 arrived VSC 07/07/09

NOA1 dated 07/07/09

Biometrics 08/13/0

I-751 Approval 12/10/09 I-751 Approved

Hi VJ memers

I think this is AOS stateside.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi VJ memers

Looks like they are talking about an AOS interview in the States, not an interview at the consulate...

:blush::bonk:

sorry, I was reading it in Ukrainian. My Ukrainian is a bit rusty. My Russian is much better. :lol:

Yes, you can ask for an interpreter or call ahead and ask if you can do so. They CAN allow you to be the interpreter.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.