Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - week of JULY 13th

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone! Rise and Shine :)

How was the weekend?

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hey guys :D

One more hour to go for me. Nothing exciting over the weekend. We got some stuff done around the house and went shopping. We did enjoy our child free night as they're pretty rare nowadays lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

oh! so you had a romantic weekend :P

Where is everyone else?

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello...I'm around just busy with work at the moment.

The weekend wasn't eventful as I had to work.

Other than that things are just rolling along.

How is everyone else doing?!?!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

hey hey one at a time, i cant keep up with this busy thread! :P

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Like queue I had to work all weekend and that was a real bummer. But we did get to spend some quality time on the beach (2 hours away) Sunday evening.

I don't see any familiar faces in the AOS forum. I guess I am the only one from this batch that is going down that route ...

-D

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline
Like queue I had to work all weekend and that was a real bummer. But we did get to spend some quality time on the beach (2 hours away) Sunday evening.

I don't see any familiar faces in the AOS forum. I guess I am the only one from this batch that is going down that route ...

-D

I think there will be a few of us in the near future applying for AOS close to our anniversaries. There were only about 5 of us that went the k3 route(seren doesnt count since she's going back for the CR1 interview :P) and I think we're all doing AOS later to get the 10 yr GC.

Thanks!

Yeah, what Lisa said...

I don't even know what weekends are anymore. I've been working my butt off to get these renovations paid for. I want to be able to take a vacation soon too. I'm tired of our boring routine LOL We need some time away from mom. I guess like you, mom free days for us are rare :lol:

I'm trying to think of someplace super romantic. So far I'm thinking Bali or Fiji. He wants to go to Hawaii, but for some reason, I'm just not feeling it. I want to leave the US and get lost somewhere :wub:

Ah, we can all dream right? :blush:

I guess if you count my neighbor's house catching fire, then maybe that is some excitement. Otherwise just :dead: since we never want to leave the house in 100+ degree weather.

Timeline

My husband had to work over the weekend as well :whistle:

4 weeks to my IR1 interview guys...... hopefully this time next month I can breathe easy. I leave for Toronto in 3 weeks and will be there for about 10 days. More Airmiles!!! :whistle:

CnT - Hawaii or Fiji both sound exciting. I want to go to Hawaii someday. Your neighbours had a fire??? :huh:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I think there will be a few of us in the near future applying for AOS close to our anniversaries. There were only about 5 of us that went the k3 route(seren doesnt count since she's going back for the CR1 interview :P) and I think we're all doing AOS later to get the 10 yr GC.

We must be gluttons for punishment then :blush: Things are going quite fast with AOS these days and to be sure you get approved only after your second anniversary, you'd have to apply like a month or so before the anniversary. That would be another year away for us (we are like 10 days from our first anniversary !). Since I consider citizenship for my wife as the end of the immigration journey, applying for AOS now would get us to the end sooner. Having a green card sooner rather than later also has other minor advantages (like being able to go to Canada without a visa - something we hope to do when we visit Niagara later this year).

-D

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

We must be gluttons for punishment then :blush: Things are going quite fast with AOS these days and to be sure you get approved only after your second anniversary, you'd have to apply like a month or so before the anniversary. That would be another year away for us (we are like 10 days from our first anniversary !). Since I consider citizenship for my wife as the end of the immigration journey, applying for AOS now would get us to the end sooner. Having a green card sooner rather than later also has other minor advantages (like being able to go to Canada without a visa - something we hope to do when we visit Niagara later this year).

-D

Your situation makes sense to do the AOS now. Since some of us have already been married over a year and are close to the 2 year mark, we figured we would wait.

Seren, yes, the neighbor's fence, deck, and side of their home caught fire. I was just falling asleep when I got woken up. Luckily no one was hurt but it was scary! Flames shot up to the roof. I thought for sure their whole house would be destroyed, but no. Thank God. Oddly enough it was a young boy who lived 2 streets down that smelled the fire and came to our street and started banging on doors to call 911 and to get people out of their homes. Since it's so hot and dry it could have spread very very fast. We had to water our lawns down to prevent them from catching fire too. The next day my dearest husband helped the man rebuild his fence. I was very proud of my husband doing that :wub:

Timeline

-D

Your situation makes sense to do the AOS now. Since some of us have already been married over a year and are close to the 2 year mark, we figured we would wait.

Seren, yes, the neighbor's fence, deck, and side of their home caught fire. I was just falling asleep when I got woken up. Luckily no one was hurt but it was scary! Flames shot up to the roof. I thought for sure their whole house would be destroyed, but no. Thank God. Oddly enough it was a young boy who lived 2 streets down that smelled the fire and came to our street and started banging on doors to call 911 and to get people out of their homes. Since it's so hot and dry it could have spread very very fast. We had to water our lawns down to prevent them from catching fire too. The next day my dearest husband helped the man rebuild his fence. I was very proud of my husband doing that :wub:

Ya, our 2 year anniversary is only 6 months away. So if we file around late Nov/early Dec we should be good to go :D It makes total sense that you guys are applying now Deepak.

CnT,

That was so sweet for him to help the neighbor awww

Glad everyone is ok!

Thanks!

Timeline

Glad to know no one was hurt....A is a Hero :)

-D

Good Luck Roodee.....we have been married over 2 yrs so going for the IR1 interview to Montreal in August seemed the quickest way for us :blush:

How is your wife adjusting to life here?

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Hi ALL...

Today I cut my finger on a Knife ( a new one at that) and I ended up at the hospital with 4 stitches on my right ring finger on the palm. Its right where the finger bends so I have to wear a splint.... My right hand is retarded now...

They gave me antibiotics . Thank God I had a tetnus shot Feb 08 before I went to Costa Rica last year. WHEW !!! I didn't want another one... My hand hurts and I'm bitchy now.....

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Jen, that stinks!!!! I hope you are feeling better!

Whoa, Lisa, I didn't realize y'all were that close to 2 years! D and I celebrate in May, so I'm thinking we'll do AOS next April.

CnT, so glad it wasn't your house! A gets extra gold stars this week!

RooDee, I suggest hitting Niagara in Sept. There are less tourists, the weather is still nice and the hotel rates are cheap. And, yes, you must stay on the Canadian side! I stayed in a Fallsview room for under $100/nt. It even had a window in the bathroom, so you could soak in the jacuzzi tub and see the Falls (free Breakfast and Happy Hour too).

Seren, glad to hear your interview is soon. I know you're ready!

Que, don't work too much! haha, like any of us have a choice these days!

As for us, Diego is enjoying his free ESL classes. We've been biking a lot. He is in love with Coldstone and his waisteline is expanding from all the new food he's trying (luckily, he was really skinny to begin with!!!). Is this happening to anyone else's spouse? :P

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.