Lina y Mario

Pregnant and anxious....want my fiance here!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Okay, so, if everything goes according to MY plan, my fiance should be getting his interview date approximately for the last week of August (God willing!). I won't be able to go to Bogota to accompany him to the interview as I will be 38 weeks pregnant by then. Is there anything that I can do to assure the issuance of the visa? I would love for him to be here by the time our daughter is due - September 15!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Okay, so, if everything goes according to MY plan, my fiance should be getting his interview date approximately for the last week of August (God willing!). I won't be able to go to Bogota to accompany him to the interview as I will be 38 weeks pregnant by then. Is there anything that I can do to assure the issuance of the visa? I would love for him to be here by the time our daughter is due - September 15!

Sorry, no good advice as I am behind you in the visa process. But I wish you the best of luck, and smooth sailing. :thumbs:

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Make sure he has everything proving you two are in a relationship. Send a letter from your OB perhaps that shows your due date (conception date too and then you can show you were together at that date). Just make sure he has all the evidence and all your paperwork is in order. There is nothing else you can do. Good luck and hopefully your little one decides to be lazy and wait his/her daddy out :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Link / post your timeline. Will help others see what your progress is.

04/2008: First Met in Person - Macae Brazil

04/2008-07/2008: Corresponded

08/15/2008: Second Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Third Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Engaged

11/18/2008: K-1 129F Filed w/USCIS

11/20/2008: NOA1 Received

12/19/2008: Fourth Trip to Brazil

02/17/2009: Fifth Trip to Brazil

03/06/2009: Sixth Trip to Brazil

04/14/2009: NOA2 Email – APPROVED (HURRAY <"OBA" as they say in Brazil> !!!!)

04/17/2009: NVC Recv'd Approved K-1 Petition From USCIS; “AP” Advised By Phone (ARGH! All that VSC wait & here we go again !!!!)

04/23/2009: Seventh Trip to Brazil

05/18/2009: RELEASED FROM NVC !!! On the way to the Rio Consulate (FINALLY !!!)

05/28/2009: Eight Trip to Brazil

06/30/2009: Consulate Interview Rio and APPROVAL!!!!

07/16/2009: Final Trip to Brazil before entry to the USA

07/30/2009: Mike on work trip to Singapore for 9 days, return 08/08/2009

08/09/2009: Miche scheduled entry to the USA!! POE Houston

08/10/2009: Closed on new home

08/20/2009: Married in Las Vegas

10/27/2009: Filed I-485/I-131/I-765 with Chicago CIS Office

11/03/2009: NOA1's Received for I-485/I-131/I-765

11/09/2009: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received for 11/18/2009

11/21/2009: I-485 RFE Received; responded 12/07/09 (Birth Certificate Translation)

12/15/2009: Touched

12/18/2009: Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Nothing will go according to YOUR plan. No one in USCIS or the consulate cares that you are pregnant and due September 15.

The only things you can do is make SURE you have all the documents needed that forms are properly filled out and nothing is missing on your end to cause a delay, other than that, you are at the mercy of the USCIS, NVC and the consulate...and they have little mercy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I concur with everyone above. USCIS could care less about you becoming a mom. The only thing you can do to help out your fiance is to provide him with all the necessary documentation, forms, etc. There is no such thing as "assure the issuance of visa".

My solution to this problem was to have the baby in my fiance's country. Your baby will be a USC at birth and you can file the appropriate documents to get the birth certificate at the U.S. consulate. Good luck with the interview! :luv:

Our Timeline

Met online: 2005-08

Met in person the first time: 2007-11-11 <3

December I-129F Sent: 2008-12-18 | I-129F NOA1: 2008-12-24

April Our baby is born: 2009-04 <3<3<3

May CRBA* Interview: 2009-05 *Consular Report of Birth Abroad

July I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-08 | NVC Received:2009-07-17 | Baby & Mommy returned to the U.S. 2009-07-20

August Consulate Received : 2009-08-06

September Packet 3 Received : 2009-09-09

Notified Case will be transfered: 2009-9-10

October Case transfered from New Delhi to Mumbai 2009-10-23 | Packet 3 received FROM MUMBAI: 2009-10-31

November Packet 3 Returned to Mumbai: 2009-11-03 | Packet 4/Interview Letter Received by EMAIL: 2009-11-23 | Documents Submitted: 2009-11-30

December Interview: 2009-12-09 (Result: 221g - Get joint sponsor)

January -Joint Sponsor Documents Submitted- | Visa Issued :)2010-01

February Arrived in U.S. 2010-02 :) <3 | Married: 2010-02 <3

April Filed AOS(Rec. by USCIS): 2010-04-23

June Biometrics Appointment: 2010-06-02 | RFE: 2010-06-02 Request for copy of foreign BC;

Evidence Rec. by USCIS- 2010-06-07 | Denied*- 2010-06-08 :(*Due ultimately to USCIS error/claims foreign BC is translation

Currently: Refiling :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I concur with everyone above. USCIS could care less about you becoming a mom. The only thing you can do to help out your fiance is to provide him with all the necessary documentation, forms, etc. There is no such thing as "assure the issuance of visa".

My solution to this problem was to have the baby in my fiance's country. Your baby will be a USC at birth and you can file the appropriate documents to get the birth certificate at the U.S. consulate. Good luck with the interview! :luv:

The OP is who is pregnant, and is also the USC...

YMMV

Timeline

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't hold out much hope on your baby's father being in the US by the time your baby is due. Incidentally, my fiancee, who is the Colombian national, is about 7 months pregnant (our baby's due Sept. 11) and is still in Colombia. We submitted our I-129F on Feb. 2 (receipt date Feb. 5). So far there's been absolutely no apparent action on the paperwork. We've (unsuccessfully) tried an expedite request based on emerging medical emergency and are currently seeking the expedite based on severe financial difficulty. We've pretty much given up though on wrapping up the process before our son's born. At this point we're just trying to make sure mom and our son get to the US as soon as possible after the birth as at least I can go to Colombia for his birth.

Anyways, I would plan on that visa not going through before the birth if I were you. If you want your fiancee to be part of the child's birth, I'd start looking into options for having your baby down there. You'll probably save a lot money, your fiancee's family will get to see the baby and the paperwork to get your baby US citizenship really doesn't seem too complicated - it's all on the US Embassy-Bogota's website. We're hoping to schedule our baby's appointment at the embassy the same day as my fiancee's.

Good luck and stay positive!

Timeline
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't hold out much hope on your baby's father being in the US by the time your baby is due. Incidentally, my fiancee, who is the Colombian national, is about 7 months pregnant (our baby's due Sept. 11) and is still in Colombia. We submitted our I-129F on Feb. 2 (receipt date Feb. 5). So far there's been absolutely no apparent action on the paperwork. We've (unsuccessfully) tried an expedite request based on emerging medical emergency and are currently seeking the expedite based on severe financial difficulty. We've pretty much given up though on wrapping up the process before our son's born. At this point we're just trying to make sure mom and our son get to the US as soon as possible after the birth as at least I can go to Colombia for his birth.

Anyways, I would plan on that visa not going through before the birth if I were you. If you want your fiancee to be part of the child's birth, I'd start looking into options for having your baby down there. You'll probably save a lot money, your fiancee's family will get to see the baby and the paperwork to get your baby US citizenship really doesn't seem too complicated - it's all on the US Embassy-Bogota's website. We're hoping to schedule our baby's appointment at the embassy the same day as my fiancee's.

Good luck and stay positive!

Hmm, well I just realized that your I-129F has already been adjudicated. Good for your guys. I'm jealous. Well who knows then, perhaps your fiancee can get up here to the US before your baby's birth then. I would still be apprehensive about putting such an important family event in the hands of government bureaucrats though. It still might be worth going down to Colombia to have the baby in that case. It would be sad for the father to miss your baby's birth just because the government's employees didn't feel like doing their job. I hope everything works out for your guys and that your baby's super healthy! Buena suerte!

One thing that you could do, is provide your fiance with a letter from your doctor confirming the pregnancy and due date and also copies of the pictures from your ultra sound if you have any, as these will have your name on the top of the screen, and any e-mails to your fiance discussing the pregnancy and baby. He can use this as proof of an on-going relationship. It will not expedite the procedure, but it does give the consulate more proof of a legitimate relationship.

Congratulations and good luck

One thing that you could do, is provide your fiance with a letter from your doctor confirming the pregnancy and due date and also copies of the pictures from your ultra sound if you have any, as these will have your name on the top of the screen, and any e-mails to your fiance discussing the pregnancy and baby. He can use this as proof of an on-going relationship. It will not expedite the procedure, but it does give the consulate more proof of a legitimate relationship.

that is no proof as she could be preg. by another male.

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

Indeed. All that proves is she is pregnant. Is is not proof of bonafide relationship whatsoever :no:

Ah, but this 'journey' almost never goes according to our plans. I hope you will be the exception, though and daddy can be there for birth of baby. :)

Good luck!

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Indeed. All that proves is she is pregnant. Is is not proof of bonafide relationship whatsoever :no:

Why is it that people constantly think having a child by/with the beneficiary somehow goes towards proving relationship legitimacy? This seems to be a constant and I just don't get it. :unsure:

It only proves that two people had sex...not that the 'relationship' underpinning the visa application is legitimate. The consulate issues family based visas on the legitimacy of the relationship between petitioner and beneficiary, not upon the legitimacy of the coitus between them.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.