4 posts in this topic

I was feeling completely calm for weeks now, but I admit now that it is so close, I do feel nervous.

Dean and I are down to making photocopies now, and that's all we have left to get done.

The one thing I am nervous about is my 1-864, of which my aunt is a sponsor. She's really busy and involved with a lot of other stuff right now (her mother just died and she's dealing with buying the house back and juggling both her mother and father's estates and also help house us.) and didn't have time to pull out all her records and redo the affidavit of support. So our forms and documents for it are 8 months old now. I've called USCIS 3 times now and each time they have advised me that this is fine, so I can just bring in our photocopies of the old one.

But in the event that we get an officer at our interview who DOESN'T think this is fine, will we fail our interview or simply have approval pending until we send in some new forms?

I have been going along and telling everyone we will get an approval pending...but you know...I have 2 more days left and I am starting to worry a little.

Thanks for your help and wish us luck!

Oh and how early do you think we should show up at our interview? I hear that in Newark a line forms outside, and seeing as we just got over a foot of snow, I dread waiting outside with it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Noone knows if it will be FINE or the Officer will fail you. You prepare your best, show up ontime or early. Bring all your have to prove your marriage is real and get a good night sleep!

Everyone you asked above, not one is in your control... Just know one thing, you did all you could possibly done to prepare for the interview, no more, no less. Do not lose your focus, this interview is not just about how in order is your paperworks, it's about everything you two have and do together for the past how many months since you two got married, so not having up to date is just another thing in the many things you should be very worried about, but why put yourself through it.... REST EASY! Come back and tell us how did it go!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Noone knows if it will be FINE or the Officer will fail you. You prepare your best, show up ontime or early. Bring all your have to prove your marriage is real and get a good night sleep!

Everyone you asked above, not one is in your control... Just know one thing, you did all you could possibly done to prepare for the interview, no more, no less. Do not lose your focus, this interview is not just about how in order is your paperworks, it's about everything you two have and do together for the past how many months since you two got married, so not having up to date is just another thing in the many things you should be very worried about, but why put yourself through it.... REST EASY! Come back and tell us how did it go!

I'm sure we'll be fine! I just thought it was worth asking in case anyone who's had their interview already and still comes back to this forum, had an issue where something they brought with them was not efficient. We shall give it our best!

Filed: Timeline

I had my interview in Houston TX last Tuesday, We went in 30 mins early for an appointment at 10:00am

- we were out of the building by that time, with grins on our faces I might add.

Just take everything you have, Your affidavit isn't that old. I figure they only want new affidavits if the case took

over a year or so to process. For example, if they needed a more current tax return or the sponsor changed jobs.

Anyway, I wouldnt fret too much about it, it really isn't that scary. We almost lost it when the officer asked for my co-sponsor's W2 for last year (which we didn't have). Instead I informed them that I was now working and gave them a paystub and employer letters for me, my Wife and my co-sponsor. Which was fine with her.

The officer then looked at our engagement, wedding and various other photos and approved us. I left minus my EAD and I-94, but with a nice new I-551 stamp in my passport. :)

Dont worry and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.