w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

AMA: Is US health really the best in the world?

31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Good lord. Has anyone actually claimed that the US has the best health in the world?!

:lol:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

Editorial

World’s Best Medical Care?

Published: August 12, 2007

Many Americans are under the delusion that we have “the best health care system in the world,” as President Bush sees it, or provide the “best medical care in the world,” as Rudolph Giuliani declared last week. That may be true at many top medical centers. But the disturbing truth is that this country lags well behind other advanced nations in delivering timely and effective care.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Good lord. Has anyone actually claimed that the US has the best health in the world?!

:lol:

Hannity :innocent:

John McCain made that claim just this morning on Meet the Press.

But we're losing sight of the fact that the highest quality health care in the world is in the United States of America.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Makes me want to move to Canada.

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Did anyone see the article at the end of the 3rd page about sex and the internet??? :-D

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
What constitutes the "best" heath care? What is the criteria we are dealing with?

Um...infant mortality rates? Life expectancy? Cost per capita?

Pfffft!

Fluffy hippie speak.

What constitutes the "best" heath care? What is the criteria we are dealing with?

Um...infant mortality rates? Life expectancy? Cost per capita?

Pfffft!

Fluffy hippie speak.

Yup. As long as the metrics don't take into account saving the right people versus the wrong people, they're meaningless. No two people are equally deserving of the hypothetical health care dollar.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.