HaisamandFati

My papers at NVC now...What that mean?

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with the previous poster- if you really did file DCF (ie directly with the embassy, not in the USA), then your case would never go to the NVC, not a US based USCIS, as it's all handled in the embassy's offices. I am thinking you rang the USCIS, and as they could not find your case in their system (as they never had it), they simply told you it was moved on to the NVC. They are not called the miss-information line for nothing!

As a DCF filer, only the embassy deals with your petition and later visa application. You will need to ring them to find out what is going on. There should be a dedicated phone line for US citizens you can ring, check their website.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I thought that even though you filed DCF, the approvals still came from the USCIS. It is just done much faster because its being submitted by the embassy. An approval of the I-130 does not mean your "case" is approved. There are two approval processes, first the approval of the I-130 which gives the beneficiary the right to file the visa application. You also have to get an approval of the Visa application (which I believe you haven't even received yet, that should come in packet 3).

Timeline
I thought that even though you filed DCF, the approvals still came from the USCIS.

That is correct, but the DCF case will not be dealt with by a USCIS office in the USA, instead there are local, embassy based USCIS offices where it will be handled. The paperwork never leaves the embassy.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

now im a little bit confused

cause when we called the USCIS and took my case number the woman herself who said the name of the petitioner without any mention from us and we told her right thats the name

and we did change the address and she said yes and she told us the new address

which mean my name and case in they'r system

and she said everything is fine and papers went to NVC now

and if there is anything wrong i would of tell u

so i think and im very sure that in DCF the case went to USCIS and NVC like any other case but this time is faster and shorter in time then others cause as they said DCF is the faster way to move to usa

and till now nothing happened

just a case number

anyway i will try to make my wife call

and about papers dont go threw the USCIS and NVC i think ur wrong cause thats what the homeland security do the checks ad stuff......then to NVC after USCIS approve it then NVC send it back to the embassy

try to read more about it and please who want to help .....use a confirmed info cause we r talkin about a serious life here

For more help about marriage in egypt visit other topics

step by step marriage in Egypt

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136281

What is DCF and Why Do I Care?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=dcf

how to got a proof of 6 months temporary residency in Egypt

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1974119

Affidavit of support I-864 HELP!!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1970098

PLEASE NEED HLEP (INTERVIEW IN CAIRO EGYPT)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1970063

You should have received packet 3 no more than a couple of weeks after they accepted the I-130. This is your package, not your wife's, and comes directly from the Embassy in Cairo and nowhere else, addressed to you, so you need to call and follow up on it. Since the I-130 was accepted and you are applying for the visa, your wife is done with her "part" (except for the Affidavit of Support and domicile requirements) which is another reason why it's up to you to call, not her.

I can't imagine the US government would bother to do a name check without a signed visa application, so I don't believe this has anything to do with AP, but I could be wrong.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I thought that even though you filed DCF, the approvals still came from the USCIS.

That is correct, but the DCF case will not be dealt with by a USCIS office in the USA, instead there are local, embassy based USCIS offices where it will be handled. The paperwork never leaves the embassy.

Not 100% true, because not all embassy/consulates have a USCIS post.... For example, Kiev sends to Moscow...

Not sure where a Cairo based I-130 would be sent for USCIS processing. Regardless I agree that NVC should NOT be involved in a local filed petition unless it is for interview scheduling as many consulates have turned that over to NVC

USCIC has 30 offices located around the world, covering a geographic jurisdiction that includes nearly 200 foreign states

the are located as follows:

Mexico City, Ciudad Juárez, Tijuana, Monterrey, San Salvador, Panama City, Tegucigalpa, Guatemala City, Lima, Santo Domingo, Kingston, Port-au-Prince, Havana,

Rome, Johannesbur, Nairobi, Athens, Accra, Vienna, Moscow, Frankfurt, London

New Delhi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Seoul, Beijing, Bangkok, Manila

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Cairo schedules its own interviews.

I think the OP's problem might have something to do with a change of address and packet 3 was sent to the wrong address (along with calling USCIS instead of the Embassy directly).

Also, check DHL's website and track your package and see if DHL had a problem delivering it.

http://www.dhl.com

You paid the DHL fee to get packet 3 delivered to you and it hasn't been. Tracking it is something you can do quickly, without a bunch of expensive phone calls. Start there.

now im a little bit confused

cause when we called the USCIS and took my case number the woman herself who said the name of the petitioner without any mention from us and we told her right thats the name

How did you get a case number without first getting package 3? There is no case number given at the petitioner interview. You have to wait for the embassy to send package 3 through DHL. In that package is a cover letter with your name and case number on it, as well as a list of forms to submit including all of the information about how and where to schedule your medical exam. Submitting package 3 through the embassy involves including ALL of the forms (e.g., sealed medical results, I-864, and any others mentioned on the list). Based on your initial post, it looks as if you haven't received package 3 yet, which would be a cause for concern considering the amount of time you've been waiting. Package 3 usually is sent within 10 days after the petitioner interview.

Never, Never, Never Quit!

when we mailed the embassy askin for our petition she said send us ur case number ....i replied that i donno it

then she send it back to us and tell me this is ur case number and it start with CRO

so what that mean

and yes i didnt recieved my 3rd package yet and i didnt recieved anything yet all i have is just the case number

and i did try what u said about the DHL and no results been found for my number

and i called the NVC again on the (202) 663-1225 number and the lady said our name and our address and it was right

so that mean that we r on the system there and she said nothing is wrong with ur case its still AP

so i want to know why its AP ,,,,for what reasons

and in the same time i want to know ,,,,havin a case number that mean that my case is approved from the NVC too?

and about ppl who keep sayin there is nothing have to do with DCF and NVC ......so why they have my case number on they'r system while i still can see some ppl are cryin cause they cant find they'r case on the NVC system ...while i can

so im really confused now and i want to make myself clear

1- why my case AP?

2-when USCIS send the case back to NVC?( forget that im DCF just for any case...what made it go to NVC?

3-i have a case number start with CRO so that mean my case is approved or what that meannnnnnnnn?

4- whats the maximum time my case can wait in NVC cause it been 10 months now :angry:

thank you all for your help

and im ready to help anyone who want to know anything about marrige in Egypt

cause im a lawyer in my country and i've been threw alllll those steps .

when we mailed the embassy askin for our petition she said send us ur case number ....i replied that i donno it

then she send it back to us and tell me this is ur case number and it start with CRO

so what that mean

The Embassy assigns the number when they schedule the interview to submit the I-130. That number would have been on the letter your wife received telling her the appointment date and time. CR means "Conditional Relative". The "O" is actually a "0" and part of the case number.

and yes i didnt recieved my 3rd package yet and i didnt recieved anything yet all i have is just the case number

and i did try what u said about the DHL and no results been found for my number

Okay, so if DHL doesn't have the package that means the Embassy hasn't sent it yet. Call THE EMBASSY and find out why they haven't sent it yet.

and i called the NVC again on the (202) 663-1225 number and the lady said our name and our address and it was right

so that mean that we r on the system there and she said nothing is wrong with ur case its still AP

so i want to know why its AP ,,,,for what reasons

Stop calling the NVC. You haven't applied for a visa yet (because the visa application is in packet 3) so there's no way the NVC would have anything to do with anythinig. Call THE EMBASSY.

and in the same time i want to know ,,,,havin a case number that mean that my case is approved from the NVC too?

No. You have a case number because your wife filed the I-130. The I-130 was approved which means you can apply for a visa. Because you don't have packet 3 yet, you haven't applied for a visa so the only thing that's been approved is the I-130. As for you, you haven't applied for anything so there's nothing to approve.

and about ppl who keep sayin there is nothing have to do with DCF and NVC ......so why they have my case number on they'r system while i still can see some ppl are cryin cause they cant find they'r case on the NVC system ...while i can

Don't worry about other people. Worry about you.

And you're going to want to move quickly because I believe the I-130 expires after one year. If you've been waiting 10 months, you don't have much time.

so im really confused now and i want to make myself clear

1- why my case AP?

If you haven't received packet 3 (and sent that, along with your medical, police check, and all of the other forms that are in that envelope) and if you haven't been to the Embassy for an interview, you haven't applied for a visa for them to put in AP (Administrative Processing). Call THE EMBASSY and tell them you still don't have packet 3.

2-when USCIS send the case back to NVC?( forget that im DCF just for any case...what made it go to NVC?

You haven't applied for a visa yet so there is no reason for either USCIS or NVC to be involved.

3-i have a case number start with CRO so that mean my case is approved or what that meannnnnnnnn?

No, CR means "Conditional Relative," which is the type of visa the government will issue (assuming everything is okay and you do get a visa/green card) because you haven't been married for two years. Of course, at the rate this is going, it may be two years by the time it's all finished and, if that's what happens, it would change to an "IR" (Immigrant Relative) status.

4- whats the maximum time my case can wait in NVC cause it been 10 months now :angry:

It shouldn't be at NVC because you are filing DCF and because you haven't applied for a visa yet.

thank you all for your help

and im ready to help anyone who want to know anything about marrige in Egypt

cause im a lawyer in my country and i've been threw alllll those steps .

So have I. :star:

I really do feel bad for you. This is so sad.

Call THE EMBASSY tomorrow. Don't call NVC. Call THE EMBASSY and ask them what's going on.

Timeline

Ihavequestions is correct, you need to call the embassy asap. If they give you no joy again, get your wife to involve her congress person and senator back home, or if she has parents over in the USA, maybe they can contact their elected representatives for help.

mod penguin.jpg

Alrighty. Don't ask me why I'm such a bleeding heart over this particular thread because I don't know myself, but as it happens I'm fretting over it a little bit. I wish the OP would come back and let us (okay, ME) know what's going on.

OP, do you have an update?

thank you all for ur reply and yes we did contact the congressman and he replied and ask us for the papers we field and that he will ask the embassy whats going on and tell us back .

so i will wait for the congressman to reply us and then we will call the embassy

cause im sure they will reply with the same answer

still AP

and i will let u all know what happened

and if anyone can tell me

how can i do when my I-130 is expired?

thank u

thank you all for ur reply and yes we did contact the congressman and he replied and ask us for the papers we field and that he will ask the embassy whats going on and tell us back .

so i will wait for the congressman to reply us and then we will call the embassy

cause im sure they will reply with the same answer

still AP

and i will let u all know what happened

and if anyone can tell me

how can i do when my I-130 is expired?

thank u

I think you are making a big mistake not calling the Embassy. If you call the Embassy, it's possible they can solve the problem right away.

Like I said, I find it hard to believe you are in AP when you haven't received packet 3, which contains the visa application. If you haven't turned in a visa application, why would you be put into Administrative Processing? It doesn't make sense.

Also, and I could be wrong, but it's possible your Congressman will want a signed Release of Information because most things have a right to privacy. If that's the case, it's even more time wasted when your answer could have come directly from the Embassy in Cairo right away.

I don't understand why you don't just call the Embassy, as I've advised you to do over and over, and see what they say. It's ONE phone call. Seriously.

And if the I-130 expires, you have to do it all over again. Make another appointment, fill out the paperwork, pay the fees, your wife will have another interview, everything will be the same as the first time. If she's already gone back to the US, you will have to do it the other way as your DCF filing will no longer be valid.

Humor me and call the Embassy, okay?

Please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.