FranktheRiceEater

Heartbroken...I need help.

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee arrived in the US three weeks ago. I was so excited, happy -- whatever, but now she wanted to go back home because she's homesick. She still wants to be engaged to me and promised me we're not giving up on each other. She's just not ready to get married right now. My question is, when she goes back to her country (Philippines) within the ninety days, will it be easier for us to go through another visa? I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

That is not unusual. Has she met any Filipinas in your area? Have you been taking her to a Catholic Church on Sunday? Is there an Asian store nearby where she can get some foods she is familiar with?

My own wife cried all the time when she was by herself, and even tried to run away once. She warned me ahead of time that this might happen, and made me promise to humor her, but not to laugh at her. I have a good friend that married a Filipina, and I took her over to visit all the time, and took her with me sometimes when I went to work. She got over it after a couple months.

It just takes some time to adjust. You need to find things to keep her busy and occupy her mind. I had my wife writing letters and sending off resumes. The internet helped a lot. There is the Filipino Channel and GMA available by cable and satellite.

If she goes back now, it's over for her. She will be ridiculed when she goes home, so play along, and try to be understanding. She will work it out for herself. She is making a big adjustment.

Edited by Mister_Bill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before I came here in the US, I worked and been in other countries for 7 years. I thought, I won't experience any homesickness anymore but I did especially during the first few weeks alone at home while my husband is away at work. We are far from neighbors here and our place is so quiete so different from what I have been. When husband arrived from work, I would cry told him I was bored and wanting to go home. How much more to your wife if this is her first time being away from home. As what others have said, find few filipinos, let her socialize with others or bring her to places as much as you can and let her use internet or phone when your away is the best things that you can do for now.

I hope everything will be alright for both of you.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee arrived in the US three weeks ago. I was so excited, happy -- whatever, but now she wanted to go back home because she's homesick. She still wants to be engaged to me and promised me we're not giving up on each other. She's just not ready to get married right now. My question is, when she goes back to her country (Philippines) within the ninety days, will it be easier for us to go through another visa? I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Then if you are on the K1 90 days and if you are sure you want her and she wants to marry you, marry her soon. Then let her go back home for awhile. That has to be a big adjustment from the Philippines to the USA. Remember always show love, which is more than feelings, it is also action. She may miss the closeness of family members to. If her family is like my fiancee's they all live on the same piece of land, but in separate houses. Just evaluate how you really feel about each other before you either get married or she returns. She may only need a quick visit back home and she may realize how she feels and where she belongs.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Then if you are on the K1 90 days and if you are sure you want her and she wants to marry you, marry her soon. Then let her go back home for awhile. That has to be a big adjustment from the Philippines to the USA. Remember always show love, which is more than feelings, it is also action. She may miss the closeness of family members to. If her family is like my fiancee's they all live on the same piece of land, but in separate houses. Just evaluate how you really feel about each other before you either get married or she returns. She may only need a quick visit back home and she may realize how she feels and where she belongs.

She could not go back home until she gets her AP in hand. She would not be allowed back into the country without it....

try to get her a plane ticket / send her back to her country, i bet yah she will kneel down, cry and beg to stay, that's just part of some emotional drama drama.

Edited by otso88

10 Yrs. Unconditional Greencard Approved, 06 - 03 - 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm only 3 1/2 hours away from my family and friends and I totally understand how she feels. But if I were a world away from all my loved ones, I probably would have felt even worse.

I have stuck it out here in the U.S. for 5 years now, and I don't feel one bit less anxious about being away from Canada. I have just adjusted a little better because I now have a job and some friends here. But, do I still miss my family and friends in Canada... yes, I do!!!! And always will. But my husband is the reason I stay.... I know our life together is worth the sacrifice.

I wish you the best and hope you can work through this.

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can file the same person as go through same stage as fiancee. But will take longer and grilling during the interview. Give her sometime to make up her mind. She is just homesick.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

try to get her a plane ticket / send her back to her country, i bet yah she will kneel down, cry and beg to stay, that's just part of some emotional drama drama.

I'm going to have to agree with with you about getting her a plane ticket back home. I mean serously you spent all your time and money to get her here and then this type of reaction is not good at all. Home sick I understand and missing your family but not wanting to get married and go back home is what I don't understand.

Was you completely honest with her about your financial situation and how your life was here in America? Could she be disappointed in the life style she was expecting to have and then she came here and realized it's not what she was dreaming of the entire time? America is not for everybody, some people are content where they are and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Timeline

She could not go back home until she gets her AP in hand. She would not be allowed back into the country without it....

:thumbs: Even with AP in hand, there is no guarantee they will let her back in. Just be patient with her.

Before this thread turns into a free for all, it would be best for this thread to be moved to the PI forum.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

drama????? feelin homesick is NORMAL. . .

Do not think of a new application yet ok? Try to talk to her about it, it is difficult to be away with the family but to go home, that might be too much! I just hope she is not making an excuse to leave you, sorry but she's kinda immature to handle homesickness. talking to her family most of the time is a good thing, to make it cheaper, try to subcribe in www.owtel.com for a cheaper phone call in the philippines. Having filipinos around is also a good thing for her. Let her explore your place and have her meet you families and relatives. We are in CR-1 application and it is now easy to wait and undergo another process of visa. Talk to her and try to be as open-minded as possible.

Good luck!

I-130 Journey:

05-28-09: Sent the I-130 Package

06-02-09: Chicago Lockbox received the package

06-08-09: CSC received the package

06-13-09: NOA1 received

10-19-09: Hubby's second visit in the Philippines

11-10-09: Hubby's flight back to USA

11-13-09: Approval notice sent via SMS and email

NVC Journey:

11-19-09: Case number assigned

11-30-09: AOS bill and DS 3032 from NVC received

12-01-09: DS-3032 returned via email

12-03-09: DS-3032 hardcopy sent via FEDEX

12-05-09: Paid AOS BILL

12-07-09: DS 3032 hardcopy received by J. Desmond

12-15-09: IV BILL generated

12-19-09: Paid IV BILL

12-22-09: Sent AOS package

12-23-09: AOS package received by J. Desmond

12-23-09: DS 230 package sent

12-24-09: DS 230 received by ------

12-29-09: per AVR, NVC received the documents and under review

01-07-10: Sign in Failed and Case Completed

01-11-10: Interview assigned

01-14-10: First day of Medical Exam

01-15-10: Second Day of Medical Exam (Passed with Abbie) YAY!!!

02-15-10: Hubby will be here @ 5:25 AM!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: FEBRUARY 16, 2010 @ 8:30am

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This was my thought as well ...

If she feels that she wants to marry you ... then get married while she is here ...

She can then go home to her family and you can file CR-1 visa later ...

I am not sure this is the answer to your problem ... but it could be ...

Discuss this with her and see what you both think ...

-- George

JollyRogerSIG.gif

"Yes I am a Pirate - 200 years too late - The cannons dont thunder

There's nothing to plunder - I'm an over 40 victim of fate"

Visit my website! OR Visit me at Friendster!

Hey there,

I am not saying this is right or even what she is thinking, but women many times say things and mean another. Maybe she is trying to not be with you, so using home sickness as a sort of easier way of saying she wants to leave, seeing as mabe her expectations were not met. If indeed it is really homesickness, she should be mature enough to just suffer through the first couple of months and keep in contact with her family, get to know you better and after the marriage, should go there for a visit. She should never feel she is "stuck" here, and your job is to help her understand that. I am sure you love her and she loves you, but maturity is such an important factor and if she emotionally says she wants to stay but wants to go back right now, she then did not think about how much paperwork, time and money you have to put in again. As your fiancee, she should be worried for your finances too just as you are her concern. I hope within the next 2 months she will feel better about being here. We all know it's hard to adjust, but are drowned in love with our SO's to not think that much about family back home enough to want to literally go back. Try your best to make her feel at home and see how she does with that. Give us an update on her, we are hoping she feels good enough to stay after the 2 months have passed.

Tam

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Nah,,ridiculed because the marriage failed?? now a days it is normal to have failed marriage..only narrow minded people will do the ridicule thing.

as for the topic...sure she feels homesick and in shocked for her new invironment, also she might be confused whether she want to stay in the marriage or not. perhaps she changed her feelings toward him. it is a different feeling when you living in one roof that's the time you will know exactly who really is the person you married for. also if he really making her happy and she really love him she will survive for this hard trials. :blink:

good luck I hope you can both solve this problem

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.