FranktheRiceEater

Heartbroken...I need help.

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee arrived in the US three weeks ago. I was so excited, happy -- whatever, but now she wanted to go back home because she's homesick. She still wants to be engaged to me and promised me we're not giving up on each other. She's just not ready to get married right now. My question is, when she goes back to her country (Philippines) within the ninety days, will it be easier for us to go through another visa? I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiancee arrived in the US three weeks ago. I was so excited, happy -- whatever, but now she wanted to go back home because she's homesick. She still wants to be engaged to me and promised me we're not giving up on each other. She's just not ready to get married right now. My question is, when she goes back to her country (Philippines) within the ninety days, will it be easier for us to go through another visa? I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

not any easier or not any quicker....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It won't be quicker, and easier as such other than you know the process now. However, it also won't be anymore difficult.

One thing to keep in mind that she has those 90 days. It's hard to adjust to a completely different culture and lifestyle; if she is willing, you two should stay together, not talk about marriage and immigration for a few weeks- maybe you could take a little time off to show her around your area... towards the end of the 90 days, you can talk marriage or going back, but not yet.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

twenty one days? ready to go home. she may not be mature enough to make a lifetime commitment. be patient.........

being homesick is a bad feeling. try to understand her needs and accommodate her feelings. adjustment is a lengthy process.

wish you both the best....

Ask her to give it some time. Take her out and explore your surroundings so she can feel that she fits in! Tell her that you understand her feelings and she is not the only one that has felt that way. My wife felt homesick and with time, the homesickness became less intense. Marriage is a life time commitment and she has to understand it's give and take. I really wish you both the best and I hope to see this pass for you two. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is a huge fear of mine.. I know how difficult it can be being away from home.. and culture shock can be difficult on top of being away... I have to ask if this is a common issue? How often to spouses return because they cant adjust to the new culture or being away from family?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with the other's. This is your home and it's important to now make it her home. I can understand her emotions. It's time to really work on both of you talking. You might not try to convince her Not to leave: listen to what she has to say and take your time. I hope the best for both of you: neither of you have an easy road ahead but learn to be a couple and not individuals.

Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's not much else to be said here that other members haven't already. Take the advice you've been given and run with it. It can't hurt anything and who knows maybe after she realizes that you understand and are truly compassionate to how she is feeling she will begin to adjust and realize that this is just going to take some time. Everything she has ever known has changed now. You have to be there for her 100 percent and then some. I wish you two the best of luck.

Edited by MikenKyhen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife (then fiancee) broke down in tears wanting to go home 12 hour after we arrived home. The reality of being halfway around the world from her entire family set in.

The homesickness is something to expect and work through together. Skype, Yahoo Chat, etc. are big helps as they can see and hear each other. We made sure that the internet and computer at her family's house was up to snuff.

Be patient, be understanding. Get as many familiar things from home (food, tv, church, countrymen/women, etc.) around her as you can. It is a two way street, but your finacee is the one that just has their life completely changed. You are in a place that you know and understand. She isn't (yet).

Best of luck.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont think you can file a fiance visa on the same person more than once. I swear i read it but not really sure. You can file for a K3 or CR1 visa in case you want to get married in the phils. If she's here and suddenly dont want to marry you it is because she doesnt like the home, the town, neighborhood, you or something, she just trying to get back home. To tell you the truth i dont like it here but i dont want to be away with my husband.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

I dont think you can file a fiance visa on the same person more than once. I swear i read it but not really sure. You can file for a K3 or CR1 visa in case you want to get married in the phils. If she's here and suddenly dont want to marry you it is because she doesnt like the home, the town, neighborhood, you or something, she just trying to get back home. To tell you the truth i dont like it here but i dont want to be away with my husband.

Sure you can! You just have to account for it if you file again.

Perhaps that is what your are remembering?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sure you can! You just have to account for it if you file again.

Perhaps that is what your are remembering?

Oh ok, thanks for that info.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

just be patience with her and wait till the last minute and u can always go to justice of peace to get married. make sure she talks to her family everyday n night as much as she wants. good luck to u both.

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Just a thought. No bashing! It is normal to feel homesick. I have felt it too since I have spent the last 1 year alone here, but only 21 days and she wants to go home? Isn't that a bit of an over-reaction or is she really ready for a life time commitment like marriage and spend her life here instead of back home? You both must have invested a lot of time, effort and money into this and she wants to give it all up so easily? You both still have 2 months and hopefully she will get over it and realise that everytime she feels homesick she can't just go back home. Wish you both all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.