John & Nan

Something funny at USCIS

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just wondering, is there any lobbyist (or whatever you wanna call it) fighting for a reform? The math here doesn't obviously add up, we're paying tons of money to wait and to get a run around. They are obviously putting a lot of dough on a service so useless instead of getting more people to adjudicate and make the processing faster. Six months (or more) of waiting time could be spent in something more meaningful like making babies with our fiance or something.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
well after two years of dealing with them i have learned every incorrect response that they give so i should be able to be hired with experience pay, maybe even floor supervisor!

You should be running the joint!

Oh maybe I should not have posted that!! people will start to think the USCIS is all screwed up!! hahha

I'm surprised all the USCIS apologists aren't defending them.

If it looks like a place for US Treasury money and disappear into Obama will fund that too, plus more jobs in the USCIS. :blink:

in PI there are a lot of call centers, maybe i should start thinking about finding a job there while waiting for the NOA2, that'll give me something to do PLUS it will help back up as experience for when i would apply at USCIS 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i mean heck, where would you find a job that's just focused on makin people stop calling and give them stupid useless answers? :yes::yes:

oh if you worked in a call center in PI, when you come to try to get a job at USCIS you would be over qualified.

Timeline

Regular Applicants Subsidize Premium Processing

Two GAO reports from earlier this year show that USCIS's vaunted Premium Processing unit's services are subsidized by regular applicants who receive shoddy service. In other words the fees of regular applicants for USCIS's services are used to subsidize the cost of delivering faster services to premium processing applicants.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Albert Einstein said once that... "The only infinite things are the universe and human stupidity. And I have serious doubts about the universe"

I think there should be several motivating portraits with that message on it. Think that will make them more efficient? hehehe..... I think I have better chance at winning the lottery.

PEACE my friends............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Timeline

Here is other cool report to read about the USCIS. Look like some of the I-130 that go to CSC are send to the field office to work on them.

CIS Ombudsman Annual Report 2009

Edited by John & Nan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Our case has been at CSC for Nine months (AOS family based) and they just now figured out they need more information.

Maybe if less people answered the phones and more worked on the files he would have had his green card within the six month time frame.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.