8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have submitted my AOS with the EAD and AP application last July 8th. I was wondering about the Medical Appointment that I saw here on VJ that I will still be receiving a notice from the local CIS after I sent my AOS that I should schedule a Medical Appointment? and then what, should I mail that to them or bring it on the interview. I thought my Medical from the Philippines is already completed and I submitted the vaccination supplement from St. Lukes with the AOS packet that I mailed.

Please advice.

Also, I noticed that I should provide them the Certified Copy of our marriage certificate but I only gave them a photocopy, should I mail the Certified Copy now or what will happen?

Thank you.

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Hello,

I have submitted my AOS with the EAD and AP application last July 8th. I was wondering about the Medical Appointment that I saw here on VJ that I will still be receiving a notice from the local CIS after I sent my AOS that I should schedule a Medical Appointment? and then what, should I mail that to them or bring it on the interview. I thought my Medical from the Philippines is already completed and I submitted the vaccination supplement from St. Lukes with the AOS packet that I mailed.

Please advice.

Also, I noticed that I should provide them the Certified Copy of our marriage certificate but I only gave them a photocopy, should I mail the Certified Copy now or what will happen?

Thank you.

I would wait for the RFE. That way you can provide exactly what they want. Just have everything ready to go so there is a quick turn around.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I just found this in USCIS website, I had my medical exam in St. Luke hospital but am not vaccinated because I had blood transfusion last year, but the doctor put some note on it. My husband sent my AOS on March 12, 2009, with no complete medical record but I haven't got any RFE(Thanks God) u can view my timeline:-)...till i got a letter from USCIS for my GC interview, they put some lists on the notice I got on what to bring during the interview, so I dont need to send them the lacking document unless if u get RFE notice. It is nice idea that you make second copy or good replica of the AOS papers u sent, so that u can just scan what are lacking, speaking of Marriage certificate, it should be certified;-). I am not expert in giving advice here, but I just share my idea and make some search in USCIS about paper works and in this site too. This site helps me allot! God bless... :star:

Frequently Asked:

Q : Who has to have a medical exam?

* Adjustment of Status applicants and immigrant visa applicants. Anyone applying for adjustment of status in the United States, or for an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consular post abroad, must undergo a medical exam including a vaccination assessment. Note: If the individual is applying for registry based on his or her entry before January 1, 1972, and has been in continuous residence in the United States since that date, a medical exam is not required.

* K and V nonimmigrant (temporary) visa applicants. Individuals applying for a K nonimmigrant visa as the fiancé(e) or the spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or for a V nonimmigrant visa as the spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident (LPR) (including those applying for V status in the United States) must undergo a medical exam, but are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time. They will be required to comply with the vaccination requirements when they apply for permanent residence.

* Refugees. Individuals outside of the United States applying for admission as refugees must undergo a medical exam, but they are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time.

* Refugee adjustment applicants. Refugees become eligible to apply for adjustment of status to permanent residents one year after their initial refugee admission. When they apply for permanent residence, they will not be required to repeat the medical exam they had overseas, unless a medical ground of inadmissibility was discovered. But, a refugee who is not required to repeat the medical exam must still comply with the vaccination requirements and submit the vaccination supplement in support of the adjustment of status application. Contact your state refugee health coordinator or local refugee resettlement agency to find out whether it is possible for you to have the vaccination sign-off done by a state or local health department. Evidence of compliance with vaccination requirement is required when applying for adjustment of status.

* Asylees. Individuals already in the United States who are applying for asylum are not required to have a medical exam.

* Asylee adjustment applicants. Individuals granted asylum become eligible to apply for adjustment of status to permanent residents one year after the date of approval. When they apply for adjustment of status, they are required to undergo the entire medical exam, including the vaccination assessment.

NOTE: A medical exam is not required for other nonimmigrant visa applicants and nonimmigrants arriving at a port of entry, but the Consular officers overseas and the inspectors at the port of entry can require a medical exam if there are reasons to believe that you might be inadmissible on medical grounds.

Q : Why are medical exams needed?

Medical examinations are needed to determine if any medical inadmissibility grounds may apply. The exam can identify health or mental health conditions that require follow-up medical care or consideration after immigration to the U.S. or adjustment of status to permanent residence.

All medical examinations include:

* Physical Examination: Applicants are required to have a physical examination (to include complete disrobing), and a mental status evaluation.

* Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test: All applicants 2 years of age and older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST).

* Serologic (Blood) Test: All applicants 15 years of age and older are required to have serologic (blood) tests for HIV and for syphilis. Applicants under age 15 can be tested for HIV or syphilis if there is reason to suspect the possibility of infection. Civil surgeons are required to provide pre-test counseling to all applicants who take the HIV test. If you are found to have HIV infection, the civil surgeon must provide you with post-test counseling.

Vaccinations: Most applicants need to show that they are current with all vaccinations recommended by US public health officials.

Q : What if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you are required to have a medical exam, but some parts of it may be postponed until after delivery of your baby, depending on the circumstances of your case. If you have any concerns, you should discuss them with your family doctor before the medical exam with the civil surgeon.

Q : What forms are needed?

Form I-693. If you are applying for adjustment of status in the United States, Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is used to report the results of the medical exam and vaccination assessment to USCIS.

Vaccination Supplement to Form I-693. There is also a vaccination supplement which your civil surgeon will provide. It is used to record the results of the vaccination assessment.

Bookmark and Share

Take Our Survey

I found this information:

Useful

Slightly Useful

Not Useful

Don't Know

Hello,

Please advice.

Thank you.

johncelestemary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Q : How do I find a designated civil surgeon in my area of the United States?

Phone: You can receive the names of USCIS-designated civil surgeons in your area by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You will need to provide your zip code so that they can give you the civil surgeons nearest to you. Be sure to have a pen or pencil ready to write down the names and telephone numbers when you call.

Internet: You can find a selection of designated doctors on our Civil Surgeons database. Hit the "back" button on your browser and go to "Immigration Medical Exams" in the Related Links.

USCIS Office: At your local USCIS office, a list of Civil Surgeons is also available. It will be sent to you when you receive your appointment for an adjustment of status interview.

:blink:

Hello,

Please advice.

Thank you.

johncelestemary

I think you are a little confused. You don't get "invited" to a medical appointment by a CS. You have to find one in your area and make your own appt BEFORE you send out AOS. Once they fikll out the form (I-693), you send it with your AOS.

But since you already sent out the vaccination form, there's not much you can do now. Just wait and see what happens. Most likely, you will receive an RFE for the medical form. You may even want to get that done now, so it's ready when the RFE comes to minimize the delay. But it will cost you. And then you may even get approved without an RFE, so doing this would be a waste of money. It's your choice.

That's fine, you are not supposed to send originals. Bring the originals to the interview, if you have one. If you send them originals now, they will probably get lost before they get to your file. Either way, you won't get them back.

I just checked it here this post:

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

So I think I'm good.

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

So I think I'm good.

Not quite. I don't think that the FAQ's from the AOS forum (dated Dec 2007) should be the basis for your statement. The rules regarding medicals changed in May 2008.

You may get approved with what you sent, but you may receive an RFE for medical. It's 50/50, but I would lean a little towards RFE since the instructions say that you should include form I-693 with AOS submission.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.