Brad and Vika

Unbelievable!

318 posts in this topic

I didn't read too many of the articles, but I've always wondered where the photos from those MOB sites come from. Apparently this is the guy who took them all. If he had any sense he'd be cashing in like Fritz Ryan.

Eh, after looking around that blog... I don't think I'm missing much. He seems like a creep.

Then you're definitely not a Fritz Ryan fan.

Plus, I don't think there's enough Eastern European-USA marriage action to make the "zomg you're stealing all the menfolk" hypothesis a valid one. Maybe on visajourney or whatever, and yes, there is a negative MOB stereotype that is pervasive in American culture, but I don't think it's bitter spinsters who are angry that Russian women are men-stealers that are behind the bad PR.

No, it's not bitter spinsters out in public. But, it is here on VJ. This should be the one place where everyone can come without judgement. How many times do you see in OT the "I hate those dirty illegal Mexi.... oh wait, your fiancee is from Ciudad... ah, well, ah, I think they should get a green card before they come here."

It's not that I'm against stereotyping - I actually have a lot of fun with stereotyping. It's just that I'm a firm believer in if you're going to $#!t where you eat, don't complain about the pooopy smell. Too many folks here on VJ forget that we're a multi-national community with people from all walks of life all around the world and we're all here together for the same thing. It's the "judgement" that irks me. Nobody here on VJ is any better than anyone else but yet if you hear some folks tell it, they're inherently better than someone else because their S/O is from one country or another.

the stereotypes will never go away; however, blasting american women's appearance and jealousy of the 'competition' doesn't justify your purchase. i have an MOH, but i didn't get this sexy, thin, 9-yrs-my-junior man because there was something wrong with local guys. it just happened that way.

Call it how you want, but you didn't buy yours because the local supply was satisfying you. You went exotic because the domestic models, for whatever reason, weren't doing the trick. All this "we met and it was fate. Love brought us together" balogna I don't buy for a second. (You guys do have a pretty good story though... but I don't buy it!) There's a reason all of us have gone global.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Call it how you want, but you didn't buy yours because the local supply was satisfying you. You went exotic because the domestic models, for whatever reason, weren't doing the trick. All this "we met and it was fate. Love brought us together" balogna I don't buy for a second. (You guys do have a pretty good story though... but I don't buy it!) There's a reason all of us have gone global.

I have no excuse for having gone Russian ... I purposely chose to do so. I had an image of the woman I wanted in my life since I was little, and Russian women fit the bill.

However, I have a very valid excuse for going global, but still, many US born Americans see me as the enemy for having gone global after becoming an American myself. I have been asked (not kindly) a few times to "go back to my country" because I do not fully embrace the "American ideas," especially those related to relationships.

My only complain about the USA so far is the inability for some people to keep their mouth shut and say nothing when they do not have anything good to say. Making those intolerant comments is what makes so many enemies around the world for Americans... myself included now (as an American) :whistle:

It is sad for me to realize that even in my own home country I usually have to hide the fact that I am now a USC. But it helps to have a Russian lady by my side :lol:

true-he wouldn't have married me if i were russian because he's 20. i wouldn't have married him if he were american because he's 20. but it works because not only did we have an awesome, initial, accidental attraction, but we both have something we both want. it works the same way any relationship works: first you eye up the goods- then you assess what comes with it. some people come with a couple kids by different baby daddies- others come with a better life in america. for me, he came with the young hotness i love AND the desire to settle down, work hard, and have kids.

douchebags use stereotypes all the time. including me. for example- you don't walk in certain neighborhoods day or night because of the color/ poverty level of the residents, but no one says it that way for PC purposes. everyone i knew talked sh!t about how my foreign SO was using me for a GC. it works both ways. it just sucks when that stereotype is singling you out. the truth is, everyone here who 'imported' someone fits a stereotype.

Filed: Timeline
It's not that I'm against stereotyping - I actually have a lot of fun with stereotyping. It's just that I'm a firm believer in if you're going to $#!t where you eat, don't complain about the pooopy smell. Too many folks here on VJ forget that we're a multi-national community with people from all walks of life all around the world and we're all here together for the same thing. It's the "judgement" that irks me. Nobody here on VJ is any better than anyone else but yet if you hear some folks tell it, they're inherently better than someone else because their S/O is from one country or another.

Gawd, aint that the truth. As if they'd tied their own self worth onto some idealized aspect of their SO's country. The knuckleheads who have taken on their SO's fundamentalist religion and then try to berate everybody else based on their understanding of a book and teachings they've only been reading for the last 3 months are especially fun.

the stereotypes will never go away; however, blasting american women's appearance and jealousy of the 'competition' doesn't justify your purchase. i have an MOH, but i didn't get this sexy, thin, 9-yrs-my-junior man because there was something wrong with local guys. it just happened that way.

Amber - this is an example of what I was talking about earlier. Slim has just reversed the stereotype a bit - stood it on its head actually. The I upgrated to this foreign hottie because he/she is so much better than our own is the mirror opposite of the You bought a husband/wife from "over there" because you just aren't good enough for the same age/appearance person here. And he probably doesn't buy your story, or mine. I have said many times that I met my wife right here, in my city, and had traveled to Eastern Europe on business and vacation, and found that I had an affinity for the culture there. I did not use the web to find her, although there is NOTHING wrong with that. Without that attitude, no doubt I wouldn't be married now - because believe me there is no way my wife was thrilled at the idea of moving so far away from her family, and no way I would have been able to cope with the cultural issues unless I was interested in her culture to start with.

Just like there are people in America who refuse to believe that a relationship with a foreign national is not some sort of a transaction, there are people on VJ who simply will not believe that you didn't go hunting for a young Belarussian to satisfy your need to upgrade. From what you have told me though, I believe it ;) (small consolation, I know :lol: ).

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

It *is* a nice job of turning the stereotype on its head, and probably much closer to reality as well. Holy #######, Slim is closing the "Slim's way" and "reality" gap...the apocalypse is nigh! :D

I also love how some guys will rant about what losers (or "loosers" in OT-speak) the guys looking for (ferinstance) Russian brides are, and in the next breath, or even in their sig, wax poetic about how they love their Pinay.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Amber - this is an example of what I was talking about earlier. Slim has just reversed the stereotype a bit - stood it on its head actually. The I upgrated to this foreign hottie because he/she is so much better than our own is the mirror opposite of the You bought a husband/wife from "over there" because you just aren't good enough for the same age/appearance person here. And he probably doesn't buy your story, or mine. I have said many times that I met my wife right here, in my city, and had traveled to Eastern Europe on business and vacation, and found that I had an affinity for the culture there. I did not use the web to find her, although there is NOTHING wrong with that. Without that attitude, no doubt I wouldn't be married now - because believe me there is no way my wife was thrilled at the idea of moving so far away from her family, and no way I would have been able to cope with the cultural issues unless I was interested in her culture to start with.

Just like there are people in America who refuse to believe that a relationship with a foreign national is not some sort of a transaction, there are people on VJ who simply will not believe that you didn't go hunting for a young Belarussian to satisfy your need to upgrade. From what you have told me though, I believe it ;) (small consolation, I know :lol: ).

Brad, it appears we met our ladies the same way. I found mine at Walmart. really, she's a cashier.

I also bristle whenever I hear someone start in with the MOB ####### and they usually change their tune by the time I'm done "explaining" things.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Brad, it appears we met our ladies the same way. I found mine at Walmart. really, she's a cashier.

I also bristle whenever I hear someone start in with the MOB ####### and they usually change their tune by the time I'm done "explaining" things.

And I met Anna while she was working at a restaurant as a server. And I'd say 90% of the time when I explain that I'm with a Russian gal I get the same stereotypical BS about MOB or her just looking for a GC. "Because that's all they want"... thanks grandma. Almost get to the point I'm "explaining" everything from the get go, close the door before it's open.

In the end though, they can all kiss my rosy red #######. :) Yes grandma, you too, pucker up, I've got some suga for ya. (she's from Georgia)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

I usually make a rather nasty joke out of it. You know, there I was, shopping for young foreign girls, and there was a special! Even though at only seventeen years my junior she was a little old for me - at that price I just had to have her :lol: Of course I never do this routine while Vika is present, and only with USCs on the receiving end. Sometimes I can keep the shocked tone in their voices for ten or fifteen minutes before they get wise.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

It *is* a nice job of turning the stereotype on its head, and probably much closer to reality as well. Holy #######, Slim is closing the "Slim's way" and "reality" gap...the apocalypse is nigh! :D

Grab your guns your ammo and a whole lot of pie, the Apocalypse is coming.

Heard faintly in the background of my head. Hail to the cheif. Running on the "f" u ticket with no running mate because he doesnt want someone to confuse the public when he speaks.

SLIM for president

He promises a gun in every house and a pie in every kitchen. The buck stops wherever the hell he tells it to!!! Kill em all and let the paramedics sort em out.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My problem is not what they tell me about having an MOB. I could care less about what others say or think, but I am very worried about what these people will tell my future wife. I am not sure that she is ready for the harsh reality, especially after people find out our "large" age difference (by USCs standards).

I worry that she is going to crumble under pressure ... :crying:

My problem is not what they tell me about having an MOB. I could care less about what others say or think, but I am very worried about what these people will tell my future wife. I am not sure that she is ready for the harsh reality, especially after people find out our "large" age difference (by USCs standards).

I worry that she is going to crumble under pressure ... :crying:

Unless you tend to hang around some pretty rude/clueless people, I doubt very much this is going to be a problem. People will joke with you about it (for whatever values of "joke" you care to assign), but most people are going to know better around her than to call her a mail order bride or what have you.

My wife loves to get in on the action - "Yes. I come here for be married zis fat, nasty, greasy, stupid, primitive man whis no money who make me work for pay his f'king bills and live in $#!tty little apartment whis no heat and only cook and clean and take care about his fat @$$ and do nothing fun and have such a boring life and do nothing."

That's when I just smile and make the universal "like a baby's arm holding an apple" signal.

She's had quite a few people going about how long the bread lines were and how hard the shifts were back in the mines. My personal favorite is when someone says, "wow. I like your accent. Where are you from?" and she replies with, "Africa." Strange looks abound!

I still think the joke's on them when people want to "look down on" anyone else based on where someone's S/O is from. If the stereotype fits, be proud to wear it. But, people in glass houses s-s-s s-sink ships!

He promises a gun in every house and a pie in every kitchen.

Now that sounds like America! :thumbs:

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.