SaadBell

Saturday

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I asked for 2 a/c's, a western bathroom meaning bath tub and toilet, a balcony, and an automatic washing machine. I got the balcony that I don't need after all, a wet room but it has a western toilet, 1 small a/c that fried in just over a month, and I've gone through 4 cheap Egyptian washing machines so now we have a laundry man except for the underwear of course. :D

Oh and I learned now that I should ask for the place to be deep cleaned before moving in.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Now I know why I always went to Egypt during the late fall early winter!! I don't like sun, heat, or sweating. Makes me always wonder why the heck i'm in Tucson. Must have been a lack of oxygen

at the time of choice! :lol: I do feel so sorry for you gals who are in the heat. And with the heat getting mosquito bites....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I would be flying back. I'm not a camper, nor do I want to be one.....EVER!!!! My hat's off to you ladies!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Yes winter here is 6 blissful months of cool air that you can still wear your shorts in to us but freezing and in need of a down feather jacket to them.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Since ya'll are talking about paper topics maybe you can give me ideas....I have to write my last paper before I graduate on any topic but I want it to be related to immigration. It is for a Criminal Justice class. She said it can be about any topic like abortion, gay issues, or whatever...she didn't really give us much detail other than that but what do you think is a good topic related to immigration for a Crim justice research class? I know the most popular would be mexican illegals but that doesnt sound all that interesting and Im not really sure which side I am even on with that one...any ideas??

Also I forgot to say that I have to present in front of the class which is my worst fear...but I dont want to offend anyone with whatever my topic will be

Edited by ak3

Timeline

How about immigration stereotypes? Seems to be a lot of that on this board. Men importing Russian women, Latino women, and Asian women based on or becoming stereotypes, and US women importing MENA men, Australian men, and European men and the stereotypes that go with that. It could be fun like writing about the stereotypes of high school and college.

Then you could also back it up with facts and stats that immigration provides and get into the reasons visas are denied. Someone posted an immigration link once to the reasons for denials and some of the things on there I never even heard of which could be very interesting.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

olivia, you sound like an expert, maybe you should write my paper :) lmfao The book I read is VERY similair to 1984, its called "We" by Zamyatin very interesting, i enjoyed it more than 1984 quite honestly

English and writing are my worst subjects. I still havent got anywhere and have 12 days left. I will be sooo glad when its over!!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

Oooooh yeah! College is all about writing papers unless you're a math major and by the end of it you're cranking out 32 page research papers that sum up the years of in class course work you've already learned and can talk at length about. 12 days is plenty of time to pull the sources together and weave your story into 5-6 pages. All you have to do is set aside research time (i.e. library or internet research) and writing time which can be done in increments of 15-30 mins each day to take it slow at first. 15-30 minutes a day is nothing if you think about it and you'll be done before those 12 days are up. That's not saying put it off for another week because you have time. Just write out your idea for that day pertaining to the subject matter. Pretty soon it all comes together and you get in the flow seeing the outline in your mind's eye. Of course another way to do it is in the next six days collect your research and work on an outline of ideas. Then the following six days write the paper doing a page a day focusing on each idea and filling in the details that support your theory with your evidence. On the last day proof read it, or have someone proof read it, or go to the writing center at your university and have them proof read it and correct any grammatical or spelling errors and volia turn it in!

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm glad I majored in Engineering and then in Accounting! I think I had to write one paper in the five years I was in college. (I went one extra year since I switched majors in my junior year). Another hint someone wise told me is that as soon as you think of something good to write, write it down. Doesn't matter if you're in a restaurant, write it on a napkin and tuck it away for when you're ready to put it all together.

OMG painting has kicked my butt! I'm so glad that the kids are older now though since they did most of the taping and they moved all of the furniture in and out. Unfortunately I have to get more paint for my 12 yr old's room. It was purple before and now it's this bright bright apple orchard green but you can still see streaks of purple. The dude at Home Depot said that this paint had primer in it so I didn't have to prime but I beg to differ. All depends on what color is already on there. So, dropping kiddies off at a pool party at one then heading over to get more paint and finish the job. At least I'll be able to listen to MY music while I'm painting 'cause seriously I think I heard "Fire Burning" about fifteen times yesterday and if I hear it a 16th I might just lose it! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

It's funny when they were little they used to get SOOOO excited about pool parties but now they're so self conscious about the way their bodies look they're both saying they're not going swimming. I remember being like that. :blush: Then again I was a chubby teen and they are both still in size 0 clothes so I don't know what they're worried about. I told them to pack a bathingsuit just in case since once their friends go in they'll want to as well.

Have fun everyone!!! :dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.